Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My favourite dressup doll game!! :)

mm have you considered not having King size but queen sized for your MBR instead? :)

Heya Pet,

Queen-sized bed is out cos' we'll be re-using our existing mattress and bedframe, which is in pretty good shape and will blend in with the new place. Also, the extra space on the King is necessary to accomodate having the younger son sleeping in between, or having both of them sleep on the bed with the wife while I downgrade to a mattress below. :)

I've been telling my wife that practically speaking, perhaps we should not have such a long wardrobe. Don't wanna end up having the MBR look too cramped. The other option is an 8ft wardrobe cum TV cabinet parallel to the wall where the bathroom is.

My 2nd meeting with Ah Soon has now been postponed to next week.

Uncle says he's pretty busy this week, and understandably so considering he's starting on a couple of new jobs already.

Hope to meet up with him soon again and finalise my budgeting.

I would love the mirror.. huge!

I guess you women would definitely appreciate the mirrors. You notice apart from the proposed mirror at the wardrobe, there's also another make-up cabinet with mirrors for the cabinet doors? :D

I have to factor them in due to the fact that I have a wife that takes extreme pride in making herself look good (i.e. Vain), and if that makes her happy, then I guess its good enough for me.

I guess you women would definitely appreciate the mirrors. You notice apart from the proposed mirror at the wardrobe, there's also another make-up cabinet with mirrors for the cabinet doors? :D

I have to factor them in due to the fact that I have a wife that takes extreme pride in making herself look good (i.e. Vain), and if that makes her happy, then I guess its good enough for me.

I just met Uncle Soon today.. Very friendly and experienced guy.. Hope that you can meet him soon..

Wow.. Didn't realise the make-up cabinet, your wife must have a lot of makeup stuff to call for such a cabinet.. While your wife makes herself looks good, it also makes you look good... People will be envious of you having a pretty wife!

Small update on the progress of securing our new home:

After 40 Days of waiting, our exercised option has finally been submitted and we've got our 1st appointment date, which will be on 5 June 2009.

Really glad that things are finally moving along with concrete dates now.

Based on the 1st appointment date, I'd estimate our completion date to be around 31 July or perhaps slightly earlier. :)

Edited by adrian_john

@xherion

Thanks for the kind comments. You have a lovely house in the making too.

I was inspired by what you did with your layout plan and decided to try my hand and floor planner too and having quite abit of fun there! :)

I sometimes still abit old-school lah, prefer my own hands, a pencil, ruler and eraser as compared to drawing tablet, mouse and clicking. Hee Hee.

@Smallboy

Hahaha, if Ah Soon can give me 'discount' for helping him with drawings, I'll be a happy man. :)

Great to see your home reno's moving along smoothly. Nice place you've got there.

Edited by adrian_john

it should be early juz that whether the seller can move out by then....I had 1st apt on 20th march, the hdb officer ask me if any dates from 16 april till 30 april can....of coz i say can then seller comer back with request to have it on 30 april so no choice lor...but now i'm so excited YEAH!!! it's coming!!

personally i think wardrobe, shoe cabinet and make up areas are must for us.... ;) hehe...even my hubby also give up trying to convince me we don't need big wardrobes and make up area...

Got some pictures of the new place to share.

Here's a picture showing the entrance to the unit as well as some bits of the future dining area (where the LCD TV now stands) and the kitchen entrance. The hole in the wall where the kitchen is will be sealed. Was thinking to 'expand' the kitchen opening slightly with a half-height glass panel next to the kitchen entrance, where a glass swing door will be placed. Haven't decided whether to put shoe cabinet on the left or right of entrance.

entranceliving1.jpg

Views of the existing kitchen cabinets. Will have to tear it down and build new ones and Maybe change the layout abit.

kitchen1.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

The headache portion - The service balcony. As you can see, there's quite number of annoying exposed sanitary pipes at the area. Am considering whether to just box them up to keep it out of sight as far as possible. The space where the bin, mops and washing machine is are I was thinking of transforming it to a 'wet washing area' of sorts by doing a curb around it or perhaps like a basin there with a tap so we can do washing and place pails there and somehow keep it slightly hidden. In the 2nd picture, the wall-mounted cabinet will make way for a tall cabinet where the built-in oven and fridge will be, with washing machine positioned below the ventilation window of the common toilet. Where the current dining table is, was thinking whether should do an island top or a half-height cabinet for storage and preparation. Still cracking head for ideas.

kitchen4.jpg

kitchen5.jpg

As usual, any feedback/suggestions are much appreciated. Will try to do sketches of the space within the next couple of days to see what sorta options I can play around with.

mm it really is quite cluttered at the moment. I'm the sort who can't visualise from pictures and have to see the place live. haha I know I'm looking forward to your sketches :)

nice sketches!! if only i can sketch like u, i will be able to visualize my place better. so far uncle hasnt really contributed much ideas, so i am soaking up interior design + home & decor magazines like mad now. :P

hope it goes well for u!

Updated version of Post #40, depicting an alternative layout which sees a smaller wardrobe with an integrated TV wall, and a more efficient use of space.

The wardrobe now lines parallel to the MBR Bathroom wall and in a sense, becomes somewhat of a WIW. Only worry is mould but I guess this is the most practical idea for the limited room area. A top-down floor plan is also embedded in the visual for easy reference.

Any suggestions are as usual, always welcome.

draftsketchmbrver2a1cop.jpg

i had a similiar concept for the wardrobe to be placed this way initially...but brushed the idea after some discussion with hubby...

But this is nice...u really do very ood sketches :)

i had a similiar concept for the wardrobe to be placed this way initially...but brushed the idea after some discussion with hubby...

But this is nice...u really do very ood sketches :)

Thanks for the compliments.

Just curious, mind sharing what concerns you and your hubby had with regards to this sort of concept?

The only thing I'm worried about is the possibility of mould build-up, but not sure if I've missed out on any cons. :)