Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

Updates on WIW:

Continue from above....

After securing all the metal stuff, the worker worked on the partition wall. Hb said they put in some wire mash stuff to strengthen the partition further. hee.. :D

P1030227.jpg

The worker then starts plastering the 'wall' to smoothen it. And for the corner, they used this metal corner thingy to sharpen the edges. Im quite surprised that they used metal instead of plastic for the corner, as the previous plastering uncle uses plastic ones. Hb checked with the workers and they explained that they used metal for the partition wall as its going to support the frame and doors later. :huh:

P1030222.jpg

This is how the partition look like after plastering. All the edges look so smart and sharp with the help of the metal thingy.

Left side corner

P1030236.jpg

Right side corner

P1030237.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Updates on WIW:

Continue from above....

Finally.... the last step was for the worker to paint the 1st coat for the frame.

Here's the pic taken from the wiw entrance.

P1030269.jpg

Taken from mbr bathroom.

P1030271.jpg

Hee.. last but not least.... this is taken from the mbr. The new partition wall look good as it flushes with the beam. :D

P1030289.jpg

WAH BIGGG WIW. :)

Hi Pet,

Hee.. think only the 'frame' look big.

Its going to be quite bare compared to most of the wiw, as we are having only hanging bar for this whole stretch. :lol:

Hi Pet,

Its going to be quite bare compared to most of the wiw, as we are having only hanging bar for this whole stretch. :lol:

No le my previous place WIW also have poles only nia

Once you hang your clothes up, it will look just fine so no prob no prob :)

Hi Pet,

haha but it's also quite deep and all..

Only hanging bar? then your folded stuff?

No le my previous place WIW also have poles only nia

Once you hang your clothes up, it will look just fine so no prob no prob :)

Hi coffee_o,

I guess initially will still look abit bare as our clothes probably cant fill the whole hanging stretch (i hope not :P ). So that we can have some space for 'future expansion'. :D

We didnt have enough hanging space to share between the two of us previously. So this time... we increased the hanging space to more than double of the ex-one. Hee.. :lol:

haha but it's also quite deep and all..

Only hanging bar? then your folded stuff?

Hihi Pet,

Yes, your eyes are good. Always so observance. The area is quite deep. The poles have been installed yesterday afternoon and according to hb, there is still a depth space for us to stand inside with the doors closed. I am not sure how it is as I have not seen it yet. My guess is... to squeezy to stand inside with closed doors. :lol:

Anyway, we didnt plan to 'change' behind the wiw doors, just wanted the doors to flush with the bathroom entrance. :)

Yes, the whole stretch is for hanging bar. We have another tiny wardrobe just next to the WIW partition with drawers to put our folded stuff.

Rasp..

the design for ur WIW in the bedroom is refreshing! :) but this isnt done by Henry right?

and yah... where will ur folded clothes be stored?

Hi Amrasenelya,

Thanks. Glad to see you around, I tried to reply your pm last time but the system gave me the message that your box is full. ;)

Yes, this WIW is not done by Henry. We need to go back to the original seller for the modification of our old pole system, so got the whole thing from them instead. We had another separate wardrobe by Henry's carpentry team for our folded clothes.

Initially, we wasn't sure if the idea will work so we asked Henry for his opinion beforehand. Henry drew the lines for the partition track on the wall for us so that we can roughly understand where the partition will start and have a clearer pic. :huh:

Although Henry didnt do this for us, he still got to plan the time schedule for us, so that his work can be co-ordinated (such as the electrical work, polishing and painting). After this partition is up, Henry arranged for the polishing guy to come up the next day, just to polish the wiw, wardrobe, workstation and tv console area. Because he want to ensure that the flooring are polished before the installation of the carpentry and pole system. And he didnt want to delay the installation of our pole system, so he very efficiently arrange for the floor to be polished the next day.

Honestly speaking, I think most will forget this as how many will check the floor beneath the wardrobe (for example), especially since its installed already. So we are glad that he's into details like such. :thumbs up:

Hihi Pet,

Yes, your eyes are good. Always so observance. The area is quite deep. The poles have been installed yesterday afternoon and according to hb, there is still a depth space for us to stand inside with the doors closed. I am not sure how it is as I have not seen it yet. My guess is... to squeezy to stand inside with closed doors. :lol:

Anyway, we didnt plan to 'change' behind the wiw doors, just wanted the doors to flush with the bathroom entrance. :)

Yes, the whole stretch is for hanging bar. We have another tiny wardrobe just next to the WIW partition with drawers to put our folded stuff.

mm I don't think it'll be squeezy inside with the door closed... unless you have a lot of clothing. But it's great to so much space for your wardrobe. You can put some boxes and luggage below too! Lucky you! :)

The wardrobe will be leaning against the partition made?

yah, hehe sorry cus i was waiting for your reply, then happened to see my inbox full alr.. cleared liao! =p

gd for you! gd to hear that Henry's a detailed guy in that aspect! we've received his revised edition of our quote after we've clarified on some of the points, and most likely we'll be signing with him next week or so!

hehe.. will get him to bring us to the houses he's done reno for, hopefully he'll bring us to urs! :)

mm I don't think it'll be squeezy inside with the door closed... unless you have a lot of clothing. But it's great to so much space for your wardrobe. You can put some boxes and luggage below too! Lucky you! :)

The wardrobe will be leaning against the partition made?

Hee.. went over yesterday to take a look. The insides are quite spacious. But if I want to stand inside and close the door, then abit squeezy to do it. We're have 2 hanging bars top & bottom and the very top part a shelving to put boxes/ luggages.

The other mini one will lean against the real wall facing the door. Will share the pics soon. :D

yah, hehe sorry cus i was waiting for your reply, then happened to see my inbox full alr.. cleared liao! =p

gd for you! gd to hear that Henry's a detailed guy in that aspect! we've received his revised edition of our quote after we've clarified on some of the points, and most likely we'll be signing with him next week or so!

hehe.. will get him to bring us to the houses he's done reno for, hopefully he'll bring us to urs! :)

Its ok. I finally sent the reply over, its in my unsent for awhile. Hee..

Wow.. when are you guys starting your reno? Hee.. mine still not ready yet and its quite simple kind. We going for easy maintanence theme so alot of things never do, like vanity basin, cabinet in bathroom, shower screen, false ceiling/L box and hanging lights. And the best part is.. we ask them not to conceal wires and pipes. Abit 'abnormal' from the usual trend now. :lol:

So I think should ask him bring you to go and view those nicer reno kind, then got more stuff to look at.

Updates on Polishing (areas beneath carpentry):

From the start of our reno, we were quite concerned about polishing as we got alot of barang barang to move around. So we asked Henry when will the polishing come in? Before/ after carpentry? Henry told us that it will be after carpentry as he doesn't want the carpentry will mess up the polished flooring, so polishing will be the last item on the list and we can be rest assured that we only need to move our stuff that time. That means still got time to plan the moving around. :D

However, after we confirmed our pole system and partition installation date, Henry informed Hb that he will get the polishing team to come over once the partition wall is up to polish the mbr first as it'll be more difficult to polish the area with the poles. We didn't place any of our barang barang in the mbr so its ok for us.

Initially, both of us thought that the whole mbr will be polished and im slightly worried as the carpentry at mbr is not install yet so the polished floor might can 'hurt' during the carpentry installation later. But no choice la, cause the floor at the pole system need to be polished first. ;)

On the day of polishing, then we realised that the polishing is only for the areas where the carpentry will be installed, such as the mbr flooring at our workstation, wardrobe, pole system and the living room floor at the TV console. Meaning, the later round of polishing will include the rest of the mbr and the whole house.

We thought this is quite good as it'll be more difficult to polish these areas after the carpentry is up, esp. the area under the tv console as the machine might not be able to go under the tv console and yet that area is so 'visible' to our eyes. So this polishing will kinda ensure that those hard-to-reach corners are also polished at least once already. :thumbs up:

Here's the pics~

The machine used for polishing. The worker was telling hb that there is another bigger machine which is good for big area.

P1030299.jpg

The worker will put some water first before the polishing. Unlike the old polishing pattern where the whole floor will be flooded, the newer way of polishing doesn't use alot of water.

This is my tv console area and the wrapped 'mountain' beside it is my barang barang. And this is not the only 'mountain' that we had, got two more 'hills' in the rooms. :lol:

P1030300.jpg

This is what you see after the machine starts to polish the floor. Hb said those white stuff is the powder that was polished from the marble.

P1030303.jpg

The worker will then clear up the area.

P1030304.jpg

Afterwhich, they will use a sandy colour material to polish again.

P1030305.jpg