Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

happy for u!

mine ah, lots of prob.

contractor dun wan to continue do.

so we r left hanging again. haiz.

but im hopeful it will all be done soon!

Thanks New.

Aiyo.. hope everything will go smoothly for you. Good to see that you're still very positive. Keep the spirits up!

Im looking forward to seeing your island. Hee.. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Updates on Kitchen Cabinet:

Continue from above..

Hee.. this is the side view of my dish rack. Instead of using the usual frosted glass panel, we went for laminated door as we wanted a consistent look for the whole stretch. However, using laminated door does bring up another issue, that is, water. We might run the risk of warping laminates due to constant contact with water, because the hands are usually wet after washing the dishes. Hence, we have to be really careful on this. :rolleyes:

P1030469.jpg

These are our simple drawers. Hee.. We didnt go for any pull-out sauce rack. Forgo those nice pull-out racks as I was concerned about those 'drips' (those single drop of sauce that run down the bottle side after each use) and the dust/dirt that can settle on the insides/underneath those metal rack (through those gaps of the metal rack). I think it might be difficult to reach/wipe the underneath/insides, esp. if the width of the rack is very small. Another concern that I had was, whether the metal would tarnish/rust as it might not be easy to change them.

Hence, we just built bigger drawers that can hold the bottles height. I think I'll just put those flora disposable paper at the bottom to catch those drips and change them every few weeks/months. Hee.. :lol:

P1030670.jpg

This is the 'stand-alone' cabinet beside my fridge. Hee.. it had a depth of 90cm instead of the common 60cm. We didnt really plan for it, just planned for my fridge position and its only during the discussion of the wet works that dawned on us that this stand-alone is going to be this deep.

Our initial plan was to put all the electrical applicances on it, so that the 'main' stretch will be keep clean and free of cluster. And now that its bigger and 'deeper', we prolly going to have more worktop to use even after placing those applicances. Hee.. I am starting to love it. :wub:

P1030657.jpg

This is the distance between the kitchen cabinets. Hee.. its kinda spacious. I was joking with hb that we can play mahjong in the kitchen. :lol:

P1030571.jpg

Here's the cabinet for the straight stretch. Hee.. simple simple look only. :D

P1030650.jpg

Continue from above..

Hee.. the granite top have been installed already. After the installation of the granite top, they put the sink into the hole to confirm the measurement. They have installed our hood already. But the hob is still in the box, guess they kept it to be the last to prevent dirting it. hee.. :D

P1030861.jpg

The stand-alone cabinet with the granite top on it. Hee.. look lonely without its companion, ie. the fridge. :lol:

P1030875.jpg

This is the view of our simple kitchen from the entrance/living area. The window grills are also installed already.

P1030878.jpg

Close-up of the black galaxy top. Quite plenty of the gold flakes. hee.. :D

P1030949.jpg

P1030878.jpg

Wah, I like the space!

Hehe, this is a kaypoh thought when I see your big kitchen. It would be nice - ok, this is just me cos I love plants - it would be nice to have a shelf just infront of the washing machine [also to 'flush' it from this angle of the pic] with lots of plants! :rolleyes:

I see that you going to have a dryer too as there is no hanging poles in the kitchen.

I like the window grill.

Edited by Reiki

Wah very nice

White white kitchen looks cool :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Thanks kopi.

Only our wall tiles are white. Hee.. glad that it turn out ok. :D

Wah, I like the space!

Hehe, this is a kaypoh thought when I see your big kitchen. It would be nice - ok, this is just me cos I love plants - it would be nice to have a shelf just infront of the washing machine [also to 'flush' it from this angle of the pic] with lots of plants! :rolleyes:

I see that you going to have a dryer too as there is no hanging poles in the kitchen.

I like the window grill.

Hee.. you are very sharp also! :D

We're still pondering over the laundry part, no plans for dryer. Heehehe.. got good suggestions for me? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the greeny idea. Me not really into planting, but will look into your suggestion. Hee..

hi may i know how much you spent to redo the whole kitchen? i was quoted 10k including flooring and wall tiles, but exclude hob, hood and sink!!! can pm me your price?

appreciate it :)

Continue from above..

Hee.. this is the side view of my dish rack. Instead of using the usual frosted glass panel, we went for laminated door as we wanted a consistent look for the whole stretch. However, using laminated door does bring up another issue, that is, water. We might run the risk of warping laminates due to constant contact with water, because the hands are usually wet after washing the dishes. Hence, we have to be really careful on this. :rolleyes:

P1030469.jpg

These are our simple drawers. Hee.. We didnt go for any pull-out sauce rack. Forgo those nice pull-out racks as I was concerned about those 'drips' (those single drop of sauce that run down the bottle side after each use) and the dust/dirt that can settle on the insides/underneath those metal rack (through those gaps of the metal rack). I think it might be difficult to reach/wipe the underneath/insides, esp. if the width of the rack is very small. Another concern that I had was, whether the metal would tarnish/rust as it might not be easy to change them.

Hence, we just built bigger drawers that can hold the bottles height. I think I'll just put those flora disposable paper at the bottom to catch those drips and change them every few weeks/months. Hee.. :lol:

P1030670.jpg

This is the 'stand-alone' cabinet beside my fridge. Hee.. it had a depth of 90cm instead of the common 60cm. We didnt really plan for it, just planned for my fridge position and its only during the discussion of the wet works that dawned on us that this stand-alone is going to be this deep.

Our initial plan was to put all the electrical applicances on it, so that the 'main' stretch will be keep clean and free of cluster. And now that its bigger and 'deeper', we prolly going to have more worktop to use even after placing those applicances. Hee.. I am starting to love it. :wub:

P1030657.jpg

This is the distance between the kitchen cabinets. Hee.. its kinda spacious. I was joking with hb that we can play mahjong in the kitchen. :lol:

P1030571.jpg

Here's the cabinet for the straight stretch. Hee.. simple simple look only. :D

P1030650.jpg

hi may i know how much you spent to redo the whole kitchen? i was quoted 10k including flooring and wall tiles, but exclude hob, hood and sink!!! can pm me your price?

appreciate it :)

Hi ledd_777,

My hb had checked on our quote, $10k is about there if you include hacking of current kitchen, laying new floor & wall tiles, waterproofing, plumbing, kitchen cabinet, granite top and the electrical/light points. However, you might have to take into consider your kitchen area, cabinet length as well as the material that you intend to use (e.g. solid surface/granite/quartz worktop). :)

wow rasp!

really love ur white white kitchen. v nice!

u wait for awhile more i will show my island soon:D

hee!

here it is ;)

3959133481_818e8117b1.jpg

Edited by newnyew

wow rasp!

really love ur white white kitchen. v nice!

u wait for awhile more i will show my island soon:D

hee!

here it is ;)

3959133481_818e8117b1.jpg

Hey Newnyew,

Nice nice island. I like your island. :wub:

Most of the kitchen with island look pretty crampy. Yours look quite spacious with the open concept. Very :thumbs up: Think the island will be very useful when you do your baking. Hee.. your stove also look really chio.

The chio stove + phantom chairs for the island = very niceee. Very good combination. :good:

Updates on Kitchen sink:

The plumber came to install the kitchen sink the following day after the granite top was installed. He was very careful with the installation. To ensure that the silicon will be applied nicely, he spent sometime 'tape-ing' the granite top and the sink to 'outline' the area. Afterwhich, he first installed the tap onto the sink. And he starts to apply the silicon. Very neat workmanship.

Hee.. Here's the pics..

This is how the plumber taped the sink & surrounding granite top.

P1030937.jpg

Very close gap between the tape, so as to ensure that the silicon doesn't go 'out of line' and dirty the granite top.

P1030939.jpg

This is after the silicon have been applied. Quite neat.

P1030965.jpg

Here's my simple kitchen sink. Hee.. :D

P1030964.jpg