Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

Good Morning,

Hahaa.. I just read about the 后路 thingy. You guys are quite funny.

When we first moved out from our parents' place, we also didnt engage the lorry. Just took 1-2 shopping bags each time. Cause didnt have much to shift over except for clothes and some personal items.

For our reno this time, we leave most of those big items (such as bed frame, cupboards) at the site and shifted out those small items. Despite that, we still have around 20-30 bags of stuff. Hee.. and for this time, the bag we used were those 'china' lookalike bag with the zipper on top kind. :lol:

Think most will engaged movers if they have furnitures (such as cupboard, bed, sofa) or alot of barang barang (such as electronics, books, kitchen stuff, ie. pot/pans, utensils). For us, we only engaged the mover to shift 1 queen mattress, bedframe and sofa as we are giving them off. The 20-30 china bags, we d.i.y. ourselves. hee.. :D

Morning Rasp :D

Yes yes yes moving is always the pain, I always tell my wife, this will be the last time I'm gonna move house le. And I always lost something everytime i shift leh dunno why also :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Updates on Main Gate:

Hee.. our main gate was one of the item that was installed pretty early as my contractor need a new gate to lock the place before removing the old gate. We also didnt spent alot of time on the design cause we only wanted one that is easy to clean/wipe. So we just settled on this simple design. :D

However, we made 2 special requests about the gate to our contractor, that was... 1) hb wanted to have a 'plate' to cover our main door lock so as to minimise/prevent others from meddling with our lock. 2) We need to have at least 10cm allowance between main door and gate due to the requirement of the main door lock.

And because we are so precise with our request, Henry is very mindful of it also. He arranged for the boss/foreman of the gate to come down for a discussion before the fabrication of the gate. Hb also arranged for our lock installer to be at the discussion so that we can ensure that the 'plate' position on the gate will be able to accomodate to our preferred 'height' of the main door lock. And not the other way round which was usually the case.

On the day of installation, Henry also wanted the gate installer to wrap the whole gate back to prevent dirting it. Hee.. think he's really detailed with such stuff. :lol:

Ok... here's our simple gate.

This is the 'plate' to cover the main door lock. The gate is all wrapped up after the installation, including the handle.

P1030891.jpg

The curvy lines of the horizontal bars.

P1030457.jpg

Here's the allowance between the gate and main door. Hee.. Pretty nice to have this allowance. Both of us are quite happy with it. If not for the main door lock, I don't think we would request for this allowance. :D

P1030888-1.jpg

Here's the overall look, the installer even helped us to paste our unit no. before he starts the wrapping. :lol:

P1030425.jpg

Edited by Rasp

Good Evening Rasp!

So when do u intend to officially stay there! heehee. I am still looking for idea to paste the unit number. The current owner paste a dragon background with the unit number on it. :jawdrop:

Nice kitchen! Mine also going to be white white kitchen :P

Thanks worldangel.

Only our wall tiles are white. Hee.. glad that it turned out ok. :)

Good Evening Rasp!

So when do u intend to officially stay there! heehee. I am still looking for idea to paste the unit number. The current owner paste a dragon background with the unit number on it. :jawdrop:

Hihi red_devil,

Hee.. we originally thinking of moving back last friday. But hb got some last min work commitments, hence it didnt come true. The next available fs date for us is tomorrow. Hee.. hb probably want to go for it. :lol:

Wow.. dragon background.. such a powerful design. Hee.. we didnt expect the uncle to paste the number for us. I thought silver will go better with my gate lever knob. Hee.. what do you intend to do for your number?

Thanks worldangel.

Only our wall tiles are white. Hee.. glad that it turned out ok. :)

rasp, do ur kitchen cabinets come with slow-closing?

Hihi red_devil,

Hee.. we originally thinking of moving back last friday. But hb got some last min work commitments, hence it didnt come true. The next available fs date for us is tomorrow. Hee.. hb probably want to go for it. :lol:

Wow.. dragon background.. such a powerful design. Hee.. we didnt expect the uncle to paste the number for us. I thought silver will go better with my gate lever knob. Hee.. what do you intend to do for your number?

Har...icic.. so tommorrow is your big day! heehee. I hope you have a lift landing?.. I have to climb up the stairs as mine doesn't have lift for my floor. :bangwall:

Ya lor...power right? dragon..... I haven't thought of it yet... but I definitely need to paste on my walls, either on top of the door wall or side of it.

rasp, do ur kitchen cabinets come with slow-closing?

Hi feimei,

Nope, my kitchen cabinets doesn't have slow-closing. Can top up abit for it, but hb thinks that slow-closing is 'tougher' to open esp. since we didnt do handles for the cabinets. My carpenter helped us to paste those little plastic 'cushion' at the cabinet doors to cushion the impact slightly. Hee.. :lol:

I like the main gate design. Simple is always the best since it will have lasting looks :)

Oh and easier to maintain too hehehe :D

Thanks kopi.

Hee.. I think this is one of the more common gate design at RT. The only difference is the plate in the center that we added. Are you changing your gate?

Har...icic.. so tommorrow is your big day! heehee. I hope you have a lift landing?.. I have to climb up the stairs as mine doesn't have lift for my floor. :bangwall:

Ya lor...power right? dragon..... I haven't thought of it yet... but I definitely need to paste on my walls, either on top of the door wall or side of it.

Hee.. my hb is doing the 'an chuang' thingy this morning. I wanted to take leave but didnt, cause thought of saving the leaves for my wedding. We aren't on lift landing also, 1 storey down. But the block is currently doing upgrading for the lift, think need another 1 yr to have lift servicing at my level.

Ummm.. maybe you want to take a pic of your flat exterior and ask around for ideas. Hee.. I thinking of buying a green plant to put left side of my gate, cause look quite empty at that corner and also can hide the pipe. :lol:

PS. just realised that my previous gate pic didnt capture the pipe on the left. Heehee.. my photography skill not bad, will automatically omit those ugly stuff. Hehee.. :P

Hee.. my hb is doing the 'an chuang' thingy this morning. I wanted to take leave but didnt, cause thought of saving the leaves for my wedding. We aren't on lift landing also, 1 storey down. But the block is currently doing upgrading for the lift, think need another 1 yr to have lift servicing at my level.

Ummm.. maybe you want to take a pic of your flat exterior and ask around for ideas. Hee.. I thinking of buying a green plant to put left side of my gate, cause look quite empty at that corner and also can hide the pipe. :lol:

PS. just realised that my previous gate pic didnt capture the pipe on the left. Heehee.. my photography skill not bad, will automatically omit those ugly stuff. Hehee.. :P

So today is your "an chuang" day. I was flipping the "tong su"; looking for a date for my wedding dinner. Don't know if next year June on weekend..any good dates a not. heehee.

So when is your wedding? At least, one big renovation project is finished, next your wedding. heehee.

Ya lor..I realise we didn't take the gate and door pic before. heehee. the pipe on the left must be quite far from your gate ya? I didn't see it leh.. heehee. But from the pic, it seems u still got a space for your corridor that u can play with hor.

Thanks kopi.

Hee.. I think this is one of the more common gate design at RT. The only difference is the plate in the center that we added. Are you changing your gate?

Yup yup me changing every door and gate too so most probably will do the same kind of gate as yours cos i do not like too fanciful de :)

Hi feimei,

Nope, my kitchen cabinets doesn't have slow-closing. Can top up abit for it, but hb thinks that slow-closing is 'tougher' to open esp. since we didnt do handles for the cabinets. My carpenter helped us to paste those little plastic 'cushion' at the cabinet doors to cushion the impact slightly. Hee.. :lol:

i c...i c...yalol...if wan the slow-closing add-on...u oso need to add on $$$ lol.... ;)

will those little plastic 'cushion' find-able outside or it mus come from carpenter?