Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

bro, do upload pic of your tv console when it's ready. thanks

i'm thinking too of using mirrors initially, but after your post, will follow your carpenter's suggestion

Hi dsman,

I think that there are several people who used black clear glass for the tv console. Forkie's console seems to be having black clear glass cause it seems slightly visible from the picture. But need to confirm with him.

Mirrors definitely look sleeker. You might want to consider the mechanism that luckable use for her console instead of flap-out if you want mirror (see earlier page of my blog). :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hehe Rasp is a sis, not bro.. =p

Hee.. yah yah.. :lol:

We went back yesterday evening to clean up the place. Now much cleaner. Hee.. think can handover soon after polishing next week. Hee.. *excited*

Hee.. yah yah.. :lol:

We went back yesterday evening to clean up the place. Now much cleaner. Hee.. think can handover soon after polishing next week. Hee.. *excited*

:) so i guess carpentry n stuff r finished too? good for u! where r the 2 of u putting up now? must be excited to be able to move back.

looking forward to seeing pics of the completed place!

Updates on Kitchen Cabinet:

Our Kitchen cabinet is almost completed, left with the installation of the hob and oven only. We didnt went for the popular L-shape as I didn't like corners which I think its very hard to reach/use. With that, we decided to go for a straight stretch of cabinet. And for straight stretch, there'll be lesser worktop so planning is slightly more challenging. ;) And we made the worktop planning even more challenging with our 80cm single bowl kitchen sink purchase. Hee.. :P

Our initial concept/plan was to do a designer 'frame-up' kitchen cabinet using different colour laminates (black/white, where the black laminates are used for the frame and white for the inside). However, we later realised that there is alot of issues trying to achieve this 'frame-up' effects. E.g. We need to go for white solid top inorder to achieve the clean effect on the 'insides', but we thought its going to difficult to maintain a white solid. And inorder for the frame-up to work, the top cabinet need to have the same depth as the bottom ones. In the end, we gave up on this concept. Decided to go for a simple kitchen look. Hee.. :lol:

The next headache was to decide on the colour of laminates. We picked several laminates from the catalog and went to the factory to get bigger sample. From there, we realised that some of the designs that look pretty nice in the catalog, actually look pretty messy and complex on the bigger piece. Hence, we didnt went for any 'special' designs for the laminate. Keeping to the simple concept, we went for simple colour tone kind.

We browsed through alot of kitchen pics and noticed that most of the designers' kitchen uses white glossy laminates. Very nice and sleek. We liked them very much and wanted to go for white laminates. But the maintenance part of white laminates is a big concern to us as our motto is easy maintenance. Having that in mind, we decided to skip it. And between glossy and matt, we think glossy is really nice. The reflective surface does seems to make the cabinet look sleeker. But we thought the glossy laminates need slightly more tender-loving-care during cleaning as its quite prone to scratch (when we tries on the small samples). Hence, we decided on matt ones to play safe. :D

Hee.. Here's the pics of our simple kitchen cabinets..

The installer trying to assemble the bottom cabinets.

P1030426.jpg

Top cabinets have been installed and the holes for the sink and hob are being cut out from the top.

P1030436.jpg

The cross-section of the wood for the worktop. (sorry for the dark pic as its near evening when I popped by)

P1030439.jpg

The pipings around the sink area that will be boxed up by the cabinet.

P1030429.jpg

:) so i guess carpentry n stuff r finished too? good for u! where r the 2 of u putting up now? must be excited to be able to move back.

looking forward to seeing pics of the completed place!

Good Morning Beany,

Sorry, I missed this message earlier. Yes, electrical work, carpentry, painting all done. They polished the marble yesterday. I popped by after work and they still polishing. We thought of waiting for them to finish. Who knows they polish until 11pm still not yet done. We left around 11.30pm last night... so sleepy now. zz

The condition of my marble is not that good. Alot of staining as its 3rd hand already. And the 2nd owner is an Indian family, guess they might have stained some area with the spices etc as the dining area is quite badly stained. We had converted the dining into a bedroom, so still not that bad. Hee.. Hopefully the stains wouldn't look too obvious after placing the furnitures. Hee.. :rolleyes:

We're left with the retifications that is scheduled on this coming friday. My contractor said he had arranged for all the relevant parties to come already. If everything goes ok, think can handover by next week. Hb had arranged for our applicances (e.g. fridge, tv, washer) to come next week.

We signed up for the Mio plan during the recent comex. Hb had also arranged for the connection next week. Hee.. can watch new shows when we moved in. *excited* :lol:

I hasn't sort out my pics..... will post more later. :)

wow rasp, everything looking gd!

Hihi Newnyew,

Yah, so far still ok. Think our reno finishing soon. Hee.. how's your side? Everything done up?

i really like your kitchen wall tiles! quite reflective

Hi dsman,

Thanks. We loved them too. :wub:

I was around balastier few weeks ago and pop by my tile shop to re-look at some of my tiles. Noticed that my kitchen wall tiles are out of stock that time.

Hee.. think its quite a popular choice. :D

Hey Rasp, looks good! :good:

You've really put in a lot of effort to monitor and update the progress!

Thanks TB.

Hee.. We always get to take those work-in-progress pics cause Hb told our contractor to let him know in advance, what job will be done on which day. So we can pop by or be around to look see look see. My hb does most of the monitoring. Hee.. so the credits goes to him. :D

rasp...i went to hafary...couldn't find your kitchen wall tiles.

haha.

wifey likes it so much too.

u got the code for it? :)

Hihi Newnyew,

Yah, so far still ok. Think our reno finishing soon. Hee.. how's your side? Everything done up?

happy for u!

mine ah, lots of prob.

contractor dun wan to continue do.

so we r left hanging again. haiz.

but im hopeful it will all be done soon!

rasp...i went to hafary...couldn't find your kitchen wall tiles.

haha.

wifey likes it so much too.

u got the code for it? :)

Hi dsman,

Sorry, we don't have the code. We are brought around by Henry's assistant during our selection. He will take down our selections and liaise with Henry's tiler directly for the order. The last time that I went, they are out of stock for this kitchen wall tile. So Im not sure if the new stock had came in. I think you might want to check with the Hafary staff. :)