Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

@Rasp! we have the same aircon!!!

We learnt about te capacity for toshiba at gain city and its comparable with starmex.

Hihi XBB,

Hee.. so qiao.. got the same aircon. I read that your target HO is 20th Jul. How is it? Settle the HO already?

We have been busy shifting our stuff these few days. Real tiring.... Managed to move majority of our stuff, phew!! Now the unpacking part...... cant imagine the shifting back 2months later... :bow::bow:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

By the way, we selected our tiles at Hafary yesterday. Spent around 1.5hr only and we didnt go to any other tile shop. Is it too fast?

But now that we are back, we realised that the balcony tile does not really match our living marble tile. How har? Still can change? Do we call Henry or Simon from hafary?

By the way, we selected our tiles at Hafary yesterday. Spent around 1.5hr only and we didnt go to any other tile shop. Is it too fast?

But now that we are back, we realised that the balcony tile does not really match our living marble tile. How har? Still can change? Do we call Henry or Simon from hafary?

faster call and change. normally, shd be just in time :D call ur ID..

faster call and change. normally, shd be just in time :D call ur ID..

Thanks rierie.

Hb called simon from Hafary and made appointment on Sun morning to re-select them last night. Phew! luckily still in time.

Will share the pic of those simple plain tiles with you all later. Hee.. :)

For the common bathroom, the items are more squarish. We didnt plan for it but halfway during selection, found that half of its items are square square. So decide to go for all squarish. Initial plan was to go for the squarish things for mbr bathrm, but didn't materialise as the shower set and basin tap are both roundish. So change the mbr concept to roundish instead. :D

I like your idea to maintain consistency. Indeed, it will raise the ambience - subtle and nice.

Here's the pics of our simple lights. Didn't buy any downlights as we are not doing any false ceiling. Just plain plain simple lights. ;)

Yah, we also thought the slow cooker look cool. Hee..

I had posted the picture of those lights, bathroom stuff, heater and aircon already. Hee.. ummm.. i seems to have missed out the sofa picture. Hee.. I post tonight, cause today on half day leave. Going back soon. :D

Nice and simple lights. Kinda looks like u went to Extreme for the lights. :P

I like ur MBR basin! :D

Thanks rierie.

Hb called simon from Hafary and made appointment on Sun morning to re-select them last night. Phew! luckily still in time.

Will share the pic of those simple plain tiles with you all later. Hee.. :)

great!!

I like your idea to maintain consistency. Indeed, it will raise the ambience - subtle and nice.

Thanks reiki. We going for the simple and neat look. Nothing outstanding, just hope they don't turn out too ugly. Hee.. :D

Nice and simple lights. Kinda looks like u went to Extreme for the lights. :P

I like ur MBR basin! :D

Yup. We got them from Extreme after reading from the net. We also visited lightings.com.sg which was also highly recommended. But we found that it seems to have more nice and fanciful lights and those common type, they only carry the popular size like medium size but no mini/small and large size. So we went for extreme instead.

Its only after I start taking pics of the lights that we bought and I realised..... we only got 5 types of lights (and small burger for store and bathrm which I forgot to take pic) for the entire house. :o So wondering if we should re-think about the lights. Hb came up with the reasoning that choosing too many different lights for 1 house will make it messy. ;)

Some updates:

Had an eventful day yesterday. Arranged for the mover to come at 2.30pm, our contractor at 2pm and initially planned to visit Hafary at 4-5pm for the re-selection of some tiles. But Simon from Hafary told Hb that he had another appt in the noon. End up gotta rushed down to balestier around 11am+ and then rush home to pack some stuff.

We managed to re-select some of our floor tiles yesterday.

a) Changed mbr bathrm floor tiles as hb was worried about the ridges on it which might trap soap/water which was feedbacked by some forummers and also worried if the colour was too dark for mbr bathrm. Shortlisted 2 tiles where 1 of it was $3.90.. need to top up.

b) Also change the balcony & recess area tiles as we thought the colour of the tile from the 1st visit was too 'yellowish' to match our greyish marble at the living room. We cant decide both tiles on the spot and brought 4 tiles samples (2 tiles for each area) back to think about it. But Simon told us that we only got 1 day to think as he need to give the tiles code to my contractor today. Gosh... so stress.

We managed to reach my void deck around 1.30pm and received the call from mover to check if they can come earlier (which is now), luckily we are at the void deck already. They arrived at 2.05pm, straight after my contractor came. So I got to entertain them while my hb talk with Henry. Anyway, they are :good: and fast. My mum who receive the furniture from the other side told me that they are very helpful.

Henry came to mark the area for demolishing yesterday. Hb was following him around the house while I took care of the movers. Afterwhich, we went through the tiles with Henry and confirm the tiles for the balcony & mbr floor tiles with his opinions. At the same time, Henry also asked us about the bathroom layout for both mbr and common. He then drew the layout on the wall. Actually we wasn't very sure about the common one as we are thinking whether to put the washing machine inside. Anyway.... we didnt as we didnt want to put a shower curtain to hide the washing machine as suggest by Henry. So the washing machine is out of the bathrm. But I still cant decide where to position the washing position in the kitchen.... and I need to let them know by this week, still got some time to think over it. ;)

Henry also asked us about the kitchen cabinet.... and had to decide on the sink and hob position. Ermmm... I thought it is still early since we hasn't start our hacking so I hasn't give much thoughts to it. But seems like we have to let him know on the spot. The discussion ended with the gap inbetween the hob and sink to be only 45cm due to the tall cabinet at the far end, sink and hob length. And also based on the 'normal measurement' of the drawers/doors for the bottom cabinet, such as my hob is around 70cm, so he leave the bottom cabinet as 80 or 90cm to make 2 doors and the corner beside the sink, I thought only need to leave around 20cm, he said normal door is around 45cm so the allowance beside the sink is 45cm... end up the middle part can only have 45cm. I thought its too close. I wanted at least 60cm initially. :(

I cant confirm the layout. So Henry told us that his carpenter will discuss with us in details at the later stage of the reno. This is just for the wet works. Erm... is there any difference? How how.... does it mean I cant shift my sink position later? :o

We even discuss the laying of the kitchen floor tiling (whether vertical / horizontal from the kitchen entrance). We also have not think of it yet. Have to decide on the spot, so Hb decide on vertical laying so that the kitchen look longer as suggested by Henry. Hopefully it'll look nice. :dunno:

We also discuss and confirm the bedrms door selection, bi-fold door selection, main gate design & colour as well as the main door colour.

Gosh...... we actually didn't expect to confirm those so early. Hopefully we didnt make any wrong decisions. :unsure:

Oh.... and Henry passed us the lamitak catalog to decide our kitchen cabinet laminates. We are thinking if we should match the tile backing at the cabinet area with the kitchen cabinet laminate colour. Henry gave us 1 day to think over it as he's going to order the tiles on tuesday and if we are going to change, we need to reselect and confirm the tiles tonight. Aiyoo.. make me feel so stress.... we are looking at the catalog until 1am.... and I need to wakie at 5.20am today. Really feel the lack of beauty sleep and we havent even start our hacking~~~~~~~ :help:

Henry also asked us about the kitchen cabinet.... and had to decide on the sink and hob position. Ermmm... I thought it is still early since we hasn't start our hacking so I hasn't give much thoughts to it. But seems like we have to let him know on the spot. The discussion ended with the gap inbetween the hob and sink to be only 45cm due to the tall cabinet at the far end, sink and hob length. And also based on the 'normal measurement' of the drawers/doors for the bottom cabinet, such as my hob is around 70cm, so he leave the bottom cabinet as 80 or 90cm to make 2 doors and the corner beside the sink, I thought only need to leave around 20cm, he said normal door is around 45cm so the allowance beside the sink is 45cm... end up the middle part can only have 45cm. I thought its too close. I wanted at least 60cm initially. :(

Try to leave as much space as you can between the sink and the hob. Fengshui aside, it will be good to have some space where you can place the chopping board or do some food preparation.

Hmm thought of doing L shape kitchen? Sink adjacent to chute.

Then you place the washing machine behind the wall. This layout is pretty common and quite feasible.

Plan by dividing your kitchen into 5 areas:

1) Consumables

2) Non-comsumables

3) Washing

4) Preparation

5) Cooking

I really write down what I put in this or that storage while I brainstorm.

Visited Ikea many times...hee

At this stage, you need to be cool headed. Not important skip first.

Brainstorm your needs.

Edited by XiaoBinBin

Here's the water heaters. We are installing the storage heater for the mbr bathroom and instant heater for the common bathroom. I think most people who install storage heater will share it among both toilets. So the shops that we shopped were kinda of surprised that we going to get one each. Hee.. :D

Indeed i am oso profounded by this.

What the rational of having a instant heater in common toliet and a storage heater in MBR toilet ?

Issit to avoid unesssary pipings ?

a 35L jovan can easily support both toilet water needs without any problem.

i can understand how u feel... very scare make wrong decision..stress...

Yah, yah... so stress last 2 days. :(

I think I was overwhelmed by all the things that we need to decide on the spot on Sun. So stressful and very worried if the decisions made are correct especially in such a short span of time. Felt better after last night cause we thought the stuff that we confirmed are quite advance at this stage (before hacking), so still in time to call for a change. ;)

We sort of decided the position of the washing machine last night as well as the position of the sink and hob. Will call Henry to let him know so that he can change his drawing on the wall.

By the way, where did you place your washing machine and fridge? I remember we got the same layout for kitchen. Hee.. :D

Try to leave as much space as you can between the sink and the hob. Fengshui aside, it will be good to have some space where you can place the chopping board or do some food preparation.

Yes, we went through the layout ourselves again last night. I think we will remove the cabinet door at the far end beside the sink to shift the sink closer to the end and leave space between hob and sink. Hasn't tell my contractor about it. Think will ask Hb to tell him later. Hopefully it can be done. :unsure: