Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

i c...i c...yalol...if wan the slow-closing add-on...u oso need to add on $$$ lol.... ;)

will those little plastic 'cushion' find-able outside or it mus come from carpenter?

Hi feimei,

Yes, you can find them at the shops. I saw them at the d.i.y shop also. But seriously, they only reduce the 'sound' impact. The doors will still 'bang' if we didnt close them properly. The 1st few times when I try to play the doors, it always ended with a loud 'biang'. :lol: Hee.. but now, kinda of use to them, no more 'biang' sound. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yup yup me changing every door and gate too so most probably will do the same kind of gate as yours cos i do not like too fanciful de :)

Wow.. think yours really big project. Hee.. you can consider not doing the plate, cause I think its nicer and sleeker without that big plate. We did it cause hb want to cover the lock. Will share the pic soon. :)

By the way, one thing about this gate design that we heard from some sellers was... young kids like to climb on it as the horizontal bars look like ladder to them. So some parents didnt want to do it/ change from this design to others. :D

So today is your "an chuang" day. I was flipping the "tong su"; looking for a date for my wedding dinner. Don't know if next year June on weekend..any good dates a not. heehee.

So when is your wedding? At least, one big renovation project is finished, next your wedding. heehee.

Ya lor..I realise we didn't take the gate and door pic before. heehee. the pipe on the left must be quite far from your gate ya? I didn't see it leh.. heehee. But from the pic, it seems u still got a space for your corridor that u can play with hor.

Hee.. yup. We actually had a book of auspicious dates for both of us from our fs master. Hee.. so we just used those dates for our reno, moving in, an chuang, gdl and wedding. Very useful. :lol:

Next yr June weekend... think you got to increase your speed already. Cause I think most couples booked 1yr in advance for the banquet venue.

The big pipe is just outside my flat. Hee.. I took it before and posted in the earlier post.. so after shifting my entrance out, the pipe is right outside. The space outside is quite spacious as we are door-to-door unit at the lift lobby column. Hee.. I have repost them below for your viewing convenience. :D

By the way, our sofa had arrived yesterday. Think our 'structure' of sofa is the same, just the cushion part abit different. So far, it look ok, except that the colour like abit sala. But hb think that should be ok and correct since the showroom was with orange downlights. ;) Oh, how much did they charge you for the additional set of covers?

P1030132.jpg

P1030124.jpg

I am reading the tong su myself :rolleyes: ...but I think I still need to go down to check with the shop who sell us to confirm whether my finding is right or not; it is kinda of interesting... I am drafting my list of attendees now...is a headache..to invite or not to invite. How many tables... Ya lor....I think the June slot might be very tight for next year. I think I better finalised the list soon....or should I choose a date first and call the hotel..

Oh..the pipe is a distance away from your main gate.. So are you going to buy some plants to deco the area?

The sofa, my damage is 2180. They wanted us to buy the package; but the rest of the items isn't to our liking.

2180 included resizing the sofa to 3m and 2 sets of covers. Not sure whether is worth a not, but I did negotiate with the boss for a while. Perhaps, slightly more ex, as I didn't take their package.

Hey Rasp!

congrats on ur finished reno and upcoming wedding! :) Looks like ur reno is finished in time for your wedding.. haha our timeline should be same as urs..

btw, can u pleaaase post a pic of that little cushion thingy that cushions the sound? cus skali our contractor not the same then hard to explain to him.. :) thankew!

Updates on Kitchen sink:

The plumber came to install the kitchen sink the following day after the granite top was installed. He was very careful with the installation. To ensure that the silicon will be applied nicely, he spent sometime 'tape-ing' the granite top and the sink to 'outline' the area. Afterwhich, he first installed the tap onto the sink. And he starts to apply the silicon. Very neat workmanship.

Very professional and responsible plumber! :good: Unlike mine which is expensive and poor workmanship. He applied the silicon and just uses his fingers to smooth it without any protection for my granite top. He also cracked a tile of my bathroom while installing the rainshower set, and I only noticed 2 weeks ago he didn't install the mixer level with the wall! And that rainshower installation costs me $90 which I could have done it myself! :furious:

He also charged me $60 to install a bidet and extend the pipe, which I think is very costly. At first he used copper pipes but after that I request him to change all to stainless steel ones since I am already paying such high charges. Anyway, enough of my complaining! Sorry ah... :D

So Rasp your renovations are completed?? Do show more completed photos yah? :)

I am reading the tong su myself :rolleyes: ...but I think I still need to go down to check with the shop who sell us to confirm whether my finding is right or not; it is kinda of interesting... I am drafting my list of attendees now...is a headache..to invite or not to invite. How many tables... Ya lor....I think the June slot might be very tight for next year. I think I better finalised the list soon....or should I choose a date first and call the hotel..

Oh..the pipe is a distance away from your main gate.. So are you going to buy some plants to deco the area?

The sofa, my damage is 2180. They wanted us to buy the package; but the rest of the items isn't to our liking.

2180 included resizing the sofa to 3m and 2 sets of covers. Not sure whether is worth a not, but I did negotiate with the boss for a while. Perhaps, slightly more ex, as I didn't take their package.

I think you need to roughly know the number of tables you need, cause different hotels have ballrooms to cater for different no. Then you can shortlist those hotels that have ballrooms for the table nos. that you are looking at and call them to check availability. You can also email them and usually they will send you their package at the same time. :)

Yes, the pipe is around 1 feet away. Hee.. think thats the last thing we will get bah.. still got alot of things lying around for us to pack.

Same for us, they also want to package the sofa. dining and console to us. But we only wanted the sofa. Hee.. Umm.. after sitting in it for 5days.. I think the sofa is pretty bouncy. Hee.. not bad. Did they tell you that you can sell the sofa back to them infuture if you decide to change your sofa? The sale person who entertained us was telling us that they usually re-package these sofa and ship them overseas. I was slightly worried that they will sell us those 'repackage' ones. But like what you mentioned, we will never know unless we cut them open to check. Hee.. :D

Hey Rasp!

congrats on ur finished reno and upcoming wedding! :) Looks like ur reno is finished in time for your wedding.. haha our timeline should be same as urs..

btw, can u pleaaase post a pic of that little cushion thingy that cushions the sound? cus skali our contractor not the same then hard to explain to him.. :) thankew!

Hihi Amrasenelya,

Thanks. Yah.. just went to print our cards over the weekends. Hee.. :lol: when's your wedding?

Okok, I'll try to take a pic of it. They are those common ones that can be purchased from the d.y.i store or daiso. We just went daiso to got the cushion for the corners to prevent the wall from 'scratching' the fridge. Hee.. we didn't realised that the wall will scratch the fridge front until the nice delivery uncle told us and help us to temporary paste those styrofoam at the wall. :D

When are you guys starting the reno? Confirmed the renovator already?

Very professional and responsible plumber! :good: Unlike mine which is expensive and poor workmanship. He applied the silicon and just uses his fingers to smooth it without any protection for my granite top. He also cracked a tile of my bathroom while installing the rainshower set, and I only noticed 2 weeks ago he didn't install the mixer level with the wall! And that rainshower installation costs me $90 which I could have done it myself! :furious:

He also charged me $60 to install a bidet and extend the pipe, which I think is very costly. At first he used copper pipes but after that I request him to change all to stainless steel ones since I am already paying such high charges. Anyway, enough of my complaining! Sorry ah... :D

So Rasp your renovations are completed?? Do show more completed photos yah? :)

Good Morning TB,

Yah.. we are also glad that we got a good plumber. Our bathrooms pipes and drainage pipes below the basin are also nicely done. Hee.. I'll try to share their pics soon. So did you managed to settle those issues with your plumber, esp. the cracked tile.

We have shifted back last week. But our stuff are still scattered around the whole place. Hee.. Will try to post some pics after tidying them up. :D

Hihi Amrasenelya,

Thanks. Yah.. just went to print our cards over the weekends. Hee.. :lol: when's your wedding?

Okok, I'll try to take a pic of it. They are those common ones that can be purchased from the d.y.i store or daiso. We just went daiso to got the cushion for the corners to prevent the wall from 'scratching' the fridge. Hee.. we didn't realised that the wall will scratch the fridge front until the nice delivery uncle told us and help us to temporary paste those styrofoam at the wall. :D

When are you guys starting the reno? Confirmed the renovator already?

Hey Rasp! woo u just print ur cards? i guess our wedding dates shld be very near each other then... mine's at the end of jan.. urs? :)

we'll be starting our reno immed after getting keys in mid nov.. same contractor as urs.. :) so far we think he's very responsive n responsible, even if he will be uncontactable, he will let us know in advance.. n he's also gone down for a site visit and highlighted certain things which can and cannot be done.. pity i cant do toilet glass door like urs, cus the existing toilet has a door frame, and we cant hack the door frame without damaging the surrounding wall tiles.. :( unless of cus we do some white pvc around it, but i think not very nice la.. so save money do bifold door instead.. but still.... :(

Rasp, so long never update ah..

I saw that you all move in liao..

I think my reno should be starting soon..

My contractor keep on wanting to start leh but then designs haven confirm yet.

Is it normal to do the hacking first then confirm the designs?

Rasp, so long never update ah..

I saw that you all move in liao..

I think my reno should be starting soon..

My contractor keep on wanting to start leh but then designs haven confirm yet.

Is it normal to do the hacking first then confirm the designs?

Hihi Princessdella,

Wow, you managed to find my blog from the whole stack of blog on top of it. Hee..

Yup yup! We shifted back already, waiting for you to shift back. :P Heehee. Didn't update cause alot of stuff lying around and yet we're still lazying our bum infront of the tv every night. :lol: Just have my curtain installed last night, will try to clean up soon and hopefully post some pics to update.

So happy to hear that your reno starting soon, so you guys will be back probably before xmas. Yea~ :sport-smiley-004:

Umm.. designs, you mean the layout? or just the carpentry design? For us, the overall layout (ie. those hacking and construction of wall) is confirmed before we start the reno cause they need to know which wall to hack and build. For the carpentry, its a rough guide, e.g. the length and location of the kitchen cabinet, length of tv console etc. to sign the contract.

By the way, which contractor did you went for?

Hey Rasp! woo u just print ur cards? i guess our wedding dates shld be very near each other then... mine's at the end of jan.. urs? :)

we'll be starting our reno immed after getting keys in mid nov.. same contractor as urs.. :) so far we think he's very responsive n responsible, even if he will be uncontactable, he will let us know in advance.. n he's also gone down for a site visit and highlighted certain things which can and cannot be done.. pity i cant do toilet glass door like urs, cus the existing toilet has a door frame, and we cant hack the door frame without damaging the surrounding wall tiles.. :( unless of cus we do some white pvc around it, but i think not very nice la.. so save money do bifold door instead.. but still.... :(

Hihi Amrasenelya,

Yup, mine is mid dec. So we are 1.5mth apart. Hee..

Cheer up! I also have a bifold door in my kitchen. Quite neat and simple design. Most importantly... very easy to clean. Hee.. we request for the 2 vertical panel design for my bifold door, cause I think got the neater look. You might want to consider that design. :)

Hihi Amrasenelya,

Yup, mine is mid dec. So we are 1.5mth apart. Hee..

Cheer up! I also have a bifold door in my kitchen. Quite neat and simple design. Most importantly... very easy to clean. Hee.. we request for the 2 vertical panel design for my bifold door, cause I think got the neater look. You might want to consider that design. :)

oh yah.. hehe i remem opening n closing ur bifold door in ur kitchen.. :P

read dat u're still lookin for household stuffs..

this comin weekend 7-8 nov got philips carnival sale 9am - 6pm, 620A Lorong l Toa Payoh :)

wah then u must be super busy with ur wedding preps now eh? and ensuring everything in the house is in order for ur wedding.. heheh

Edited by amrasenelya

Updates on Main Entrance:

Hee.. finally got some time to pack up the entrance area and remove those boxes at the entrance area. So.... recalling back, after the new main gate was installed and 'wrapped up' proper, Henry instruct his guys to dismantle the old gate, quickly plaster the dismantled area and tile the remaining few tiles which they are waiting for the old gate to be remove.

Henry also advised us to install our main door lock at the last part as he didnt want to risk any worker damaging/ dirting it. Hee.. we also feel likewise, hence our main door lock was only install after all our electronic stuff are delivered and none of the worker or Henry have the password to it. Hee.. we kinda of took over the house before the actual handover.

Ok~ Here's the pics...

These are the two new marble tiles at the old gate. The old ones got to be replaced as there's a hole on them for the old gate to be 'poke' into. ;)

P1030565.jpg

The new marble skirting for wall of the old gate. At this point, the tiles are the recess area are actually all done up. Hence, the workers cover them up with cardboard to protect them before working on the old gate area. :)

P1030634.jpg

The wall plastering of the area where the old gate was.

P1030629.jpg

Ok~ Here's the completed pics..

The nicely plastered wall at the entrance. Hee.. so nicely done up that it leave totally no trail of the old gate. :D

P1040311.jpg