Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

oh yah.. hehe i remem opening n closing ur bifold door in ur kitchen.. :P

read dat u're still lookin for household stuffs..

this comin weekend 7-8 nov got philips carnival sale 9am - 6pm, 620A Lorong l Toa Payoh :)

wah then u must be super busy with ur wedding preps now eh? and ensuring everything in the house is in order for ur wedding.. heheh

Hihi Amrasenelya,

Yup. Thanks for sharing the lobang. We'll pop by to take look. Hee..

Super busy? Ermm... we're quite slack on the wedding preps. Still lazing around and taking our own sweet time to do the wed stuff though we got a long list of stuff to do. :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Updates on Main Entrance:

Continue from above..

Ok~ these are the pics of my main entrance.

We relocated our electricity meter box from the recess area to outside of the unit. The box now sit nicely near the stairs. Hee.. The electrician managed to tidy up the wiring, both inside and those coming out from the unit. The only thing about this is.. they spoilt the knob of the box cover (of the yellow box at the top right corner), so the cover cannot stay closed. End up, they temporary close the box using something (i don't know cause hb was the one liaising on electricity). We are easy on this as we doubt we need to use the box. Had never touch this box for the past 2 yrs. :lol:

Oh ya.. our contractor also get his painter to paint the exterior of our unit because we built up the wall. They also look for a paint that is close to the colour on those HDB walls outside. Hee.. give our unit a clean clean look on the outside. :)

entrance.jpg

This is the gap inbetween the main door and the gate. Hee.. quite nice to have it. We just have the block washing, the lower part of the wooden door still caught some water, but we think it will be worse if we didnt have the gap. Hee.. :D

P1040291.jpg

P1040290.jpg

Hee.. Welcome to our home~ This is how our apartment look like from outside when we leave our door open. Hee.. feel like going home now. :wub:

entrance2.jpg

Last but no least... our aircon. We went at least 3 times to ask about it and wanted to wait for promotion initially. But Hb decided to confirm it before the renovation starts so that we don't have to rush down to confirm later. We went for toshiba inverter system 2 aircon, though we wasn't heavy user of the aircon. The saleman kept promoting the non-inverter's saving after hearing that we are non-heavy user. However, Hb was pretty fixed on inverter as the noise from our current non-inverter compressor is really loud each time it kick start the compressor. And we read that the gas of non-inverter might obsolete in future.

We went for 13K btu for mbr and 10K btu for the other room. I know nuts about this. Its hb who researched on it and decided on the brand and the btu thingy. Hee.. :D

P1020058.jpg

P1020060.jpg

P1020062.jpg

Hi Rasp,

I have been reading through ur t-blog and may i check where did u buy ur air-con? cos someone recommended me this shop at kaki bukit and he kept saying tat gain city uses sub-contractors to fix the aircons. N tat they will use short, used insulators from previous jobs to fix our house. thus, their prices are very cheap. He said tat his company uses new ones, and thick insulators which will eventually cost alot more than gain city.

I am not sure if I should believe wat he say and jus buy it from him. I haf yet to receive the quotes of my house aircon from him but I am sure its going to cost alot more than outside. I would like to check with ur aircon installer also about his quote cos he looks really professional with his work and may i noe how much they quote u for the thicker insulators and pipings?

Thanks for ur help..=D

Hi Rasp,

congrats in completing your reno without much issues and also congrats to your upcoming wedding.

may i know wats your overall reno cost? can pm me if it's inconvenient to reveal. tks in advance.

hi Rasp, Would like to check with u, where did u go to buy your kitchen sink n wats the dimensions? Thanks

Hihi Jessy,

Our kitchen sink is 790mm wide. We went to several place to look for it as most of the places do not have 790mm. Most of the single bowl are either only up til around 600 or 650mm or the really big ones like 850mm and wider.

However, we do not recommend this shop that we got our sink from. Their service is quite bad. Thank god, we only bought 2-3 items from them (ie. our kitchen sink, tap & basket). On the day of delivery, hb was around to check the item. He noticed that the tap delivered look somehow different, so he compare it against the tap pic which we took on the date of purchase (luckily I like to take pics during purchase :lol: ). And yes, its a wrong one.

He called up that sales assistant to inform them about the wrong tap. And guess what? The salegirl told him that if he want, he need to come down to the shop to see and EVEN if he go down, they also don't have the tap that he mention. What a reply. ;)

As the delivery uncle was still around, he checked on the pic and told hb that they do have this tap. He will go back to exchange the tap and bring back the right one. And true enough, he returned with the correct one. Phew! Its really our blessing to meet this delivery uncle else we probably going to have a hard time with that salegirl. :)

With such experience, we don't think we want to recommend this shop to anyone. I'm sure you can find nicer sinks around and save the headache of dealing with such person. :D

wah... very nicely done up..congrats... guess u must be busy with ur wedding prep now..

Hihi Poseidon,

Thanks. Errr.. not really busy. We are still slacking around. :lol:

By the way, Im also waiting to see your update pic with furnishing. I like all those furnitures that you got. Have been waiting to see them arranged in the nice nice plan. :D

Hi Rasp,

I have been reading through ur t-blog and may i check where did u buy ur air-con? cos someone recommended me this shop at kaki bukit and he kept saying tat gain city uses sub-contractors to fix the aircons. N tat they will use short, used insulators from previous jobs to fix our house. thus, their prices are very cheap. He said tat his company uses new ones, and thick insulators which will eventually cost alot more than gain city.

I am not sure if I should believe wat he say and jus buy it from him. I haf yet to receive the quotes of my house aircon from him but I am sure its going to cost alot more than outside. I would like to check with ur aircon installer also about his quote cos he looks really professional with his work and may i noe how much they quote u for the thicker insulators and pipings?

Thanks for ur help..=D

Hihi Matchgirl,

We got our aircon from Gain City. Hee.. we're very blessed to get a very nice chap during installation. I have blogged our aircon installation in the earlier pages or you may refer to the link below for the four posts on our aircon installation. I have also taken the pic of the material used (ie. the new pipes, insulator etc). Err.. no sight of any short/used insulator. All the stuffs are still in their packaging.

We upgraded the insulators and pipings but I don't have the pricing off-hand. You can also check with gain city on the model that you are looking at and the additional cost of upgrading. We went to the Marina Sq branch and the sale assistant is very knowledge and helpful. I kept forgetting his name. Let me know if you need to have his name.

It is good to have more quote to check prices out. For us, we think that its better to go for big names for aircon, incase of any issue, we can always go back for recourse. Hence, we didnt check out any other aircon supplier. That's our thinkings. :)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=442515

Hi Rasp... your house looks great from the outside! More updates please...

Thanks pet. Uploading some pics now. :D

Hi Rasp,

congrats in completing your reno without much issues and also congrats to your upcoming wedding.

may i know wats your overall reno cost? can pm me if it's inconvenient to reveal. tks in advance.

Thanks joseeng. I'll pm you. :)

Hihi Matchgirl,

We got our aircon from Gain City. Hee.. we're very blessed to get a very nice chap during installation. I have blogged our aircon installation in the earlier pages or you may refer to the link below for the four posts on our aircon installation. I have also taken the pic of the material used (ie. the new pipes, insulator etc). Err.. no sight of any short/used insulator. All the stuffs are still in their packaging.

We upgraded the insulators and pipings but I don't have the pricing off-hand. You can also check with gain city on the model that you are looking at and the additional cost of upgrading. We went to the Marina Sq branch and the sale assistant is very knowledge and helpful. I kept forgetting his name. Let me know if you need to have his name.

It is good to have more quote to check prices out. For us, we think that its better to go for big names for aircon, incase of any issue, we can always go back for recourse. Hence, we didnt check out any other aircon supplier. That's our thinkings. :)

Hi Rasp, i am searching for aircons. Appreciate if you can advise the sale assistant's name at Gain City Marina Square. thanks in advance!

Hihi Matchgirl,

Hi Rasp,

thanks for ur info.. will check out the pricings at GC before i make my decison. I saw ur pics on the pipings and insulators tat y im very int to noe where u bot the aircons.

Im not sure what brands r good but i saw one the forum tat ppl recommend daikin and sanyo.. but im also attracted by the mit advertisement. dunno wat to pick. do u haf any recommendations n why u haf decided on toshiba?

may i noe the saleperson u met and can i request for ur sub-contractor for installation also? wahhaha.. will haf to check with them abt that..

congrats on ur completion of ur house renovation. i hope mine can finish asap too. =D

Hi Rasp, i am searching for aircons. Appreciate if you can advise the sale assistant's name at Gain City Marina Square. thanks in advance!

Hi Rainbowgal,

I'll check with hb and pm you the name. :)

Hi Rasp,

thanks for ur info.. will check out the pricings at GC before i make my decison. I saw ur pics on the pipings and insulators tat y im very int to noe where u bot the aircons.

Im not sure what brands r good but i saw one the forum tat ppl recommend daikin and sanyo.. but im also attracted by the mit advertisement. dunno wat to pick. do u haf any recommendations n why u haf decided on toshiba?

may i noe the saleperson u met and can i request for ur sub-contractor for installation also? wahhaha.. will haf to check with them abt that..

congrats on ur completion of ur house renovation. i hope mine can finish asap too. =D

Hihi Matchgirl,

Err.. actually I have no idea. Its hb who pick the aircon. Hee.. will check with him and let you know again.

Sorry, I also don't have the salesman name now, will pm you once I check. I am not sure if you can request for the technician. Hee.. you can ask them whether its possible. :)

Hi Rainbowgal,

I'll check with hb and pm you the name. :)

Hihi Matchgirl,

Err.. actually I have no idea. Its hb who pick the aircon. Hee.. will check with him and let you know again.

Sorry, I also don't have the salesman name now, will pm you once I check. I am not sure if you can request for the technician. Hee.. you can ask them whether its possible. :)

Hi Rasp,

My aircon agent came back with a quote of $3090 for a sys 3 mit. I requested for all rooms 12000BTU cos i like it really cold. im not sure if tats expensive but i will go down to check out GC as well.

Pls let me noe ur quotes and prices to upgrade the pipes ya. Thanks so much for ur help. =D