Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xherion

The Metropolitan

Hi all,

Finally decided on the lightings for the whole house.

Combed most shops in Balestier, Jalan Besar and Geylang, in the end we cherrypicked the ones we like from few stores, but mostly from light arcade (balestier) and toyomi in geylang.

Below is for living and dining, 1 piece for each area:

3671203639_3f81b6ee65_o.jpg

Lights turned on:

3672010978_d5428de640_o.jpg

Simple bedroom lights (MBR and commons), but we got the ones with white glossy frame:

3671204519_777595923a_o.jpg

Simple lights for utility/wc in yard:

3671204793_422706b02f_o.jpg

Other lights we bought but forgot to take pics:

For bathrooms/kitchen/foyer will be using downlights (round PLC with white frame and glass rims, similar to bedroom light design)

Track light with 3 LED bulbs (LED is expensive but very efficient and no heat generation)

Clear round glass for balcony light

Maybe next week i'll update the pics for above lights.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

Need your input.

My common/master bathroom will have 2 lighting points, 1 on top of shower area, another near mirror on top of vanity area.

Is 1x13W PLC enough for each point (2 lights of 1x13) or need 2x13W PLC for each point (2 lights of 2x13)?

Thanks.

*hi five* we got the same bedrooms lights ...mine in black...and the same utility light i use it for kitchen...

think 1x13 should be enough....or maybe can consider 1x18....but i still think 1x13 for one point is enough....

MBR toilet:

3644777763_c1e24b0f20.jpg

What is outside the windows?

Beware that at night time and the light is on, the body near the windows will cast clear shadows on the frosted windows.

Free show for all during bath time :P

PS: My MBR toilet has this problem lor :P

Edited by ocheeeng

Nice lights! :good:

I think 1x13W for shower and maybe a slightly brighter one above the mirror will be good. No need to have bright light to shower but will need bright light to put on make up etc. :P

Your MBR bathroom is quite bright with the big window, so 1x13 is enough, mine only have a small window near the shower area so i need 2x13.

Maybe have a 1x18 above the mirror so that it is brighter for putting on make up.

*hi five* we got the same bedrooms lights ...mine in black...and the same utility light i use it for kitchen...

think 1x13 should be enough....or maybe can consider 1x18....but i still think 1x13 for one point is enough....

*hi-five* precious!

Thanks for your input

What is outside the windows?

Beware that at night time and the light is on, the body near the windows will cast clear shadows on the frosted windows.

Free show for all during bath time :P

PS: My MBR toilet has this problem lor :P

Hi Ocheeeng,

Outside the window is the other stack, but no windows pointing to our MBR bath, so should be quite safe.

What did you do with yours?

Nice lights! :good:

I think 1x13W for shower and maybe a slightly brighter one above the mirror will be good. No need to have bright light to shower but will need bright light to put on make up etc. :P

Thanks Angel for your input, maybe i should put the 2X13 for MBR bath but only 1X13 for common bath.

Your MBR bathroom is quite bright with the big window, so 1x13 is enough, mine only have a small window near the shower area so i need 2x13.

Maybe have a 1x18 above the mirror so that it is brighter for putting on make up.

Thanks piggybank, so you put 2 points of 2X13 each at your MBR bath?

Yup, I have 2 points of 2x13 each and I asked my electrician to provide 2 switches so that I have option to just turn on one light. I'm using one 2 x13 in my common bath..

Hi Ocheeeng,

Outside the window is the other stack, but no windows pointing to our MBR bath, so should be quite safe.

What did you do with yours?

My stack mbr toilet frosted windows are very exposed.

My wife and I once saw our neighbour above bathing (clear shadow with sharp outline) from the swimming pool level.

We were concerned. We did tried to put up a plain color shower curtain.

The shadows were still obvious, just that the background color changed to that of our shower curtain.

Gave up and been using the bathtub in the mbr toilet instead.

My wife using the guest toilet which just have a small window.

Edited by ocheeeng

offset a bit..

My remiser sent me a report and it mentioned your house..

Paste here to show u,haha..

Nomura Research in a report released on Wednesday, concurs, saying that a faltering economy puts “further downside risks to rents, tempering current optimism (in part driven by the buy/rent trade-off) and subsequently investor/end user demand and asset price expectations.” Besides rising inventory, weak residential leasing demand and lower rents fundamentally are likely to continue weighing on underlying asset prices, the report states.

“Our sensitivity analysis suggests that stocks have simply run too far, too fast even assuming an aggressive up-tick in residential property prices from 2H09 through to 2011” the report adds. “Consequently, we reaffirm our bearish stance on the developers, and retain our reduce calls on CapitaLand, City Developments and Keppel Land .”

Over at Kim Eng Research , Wilson Liew sounds more upbeat. He singles out Wing Tai Holdings as an interesting play.

“After speaking to property agents, we believe that the launch of Ascentia Sky (on Alexandra Road) is imminent. We have raised our average selling price assumption to $1,100 psf, and based on an estimated breakeven of $984 psf, we no longer believe that a provision is necessary for this site – Wing Tai may in fact make a small profit,” he observes.

Interestingly, hordes of owners who had bought units under the deferred payment scheme were reported to be at the adjacent The Metropolitan (which recently received its temporary occupation permit) over the weekend trying to ‘flip’ their units. They were reported to be asking for $1,100 psf to $1,200 psf from interested buyers.

Liew has a buy recommendation on Wing Tai. “Buying the stock is cheaper than physical property,” he reckons. “As the sales outlook improves, we have upgraded our FY09-10 forecasts by 4.9% and 13.2% respectively.” He has a target price of $1.79, and the counter closed at $1.42 on Wednesday. Missed the queue? Consider property stocks.

Thanks Rondy,

I read that article too. It's crazy that the next door condo will be launched at much higher price, that's why some of metro units can sell higher recently.

My stack mbr toilet frosted windows are very exposed.

My wife and I once saw our neighbour above bathing (clear shadow with sharp outline) from the swimming pool level.

We were concerned. We did tried to put up a plain color shower curtain.

The shadows were still obvious, just that the background color changed to that of our shower curtain.

Gave up and been using the bathtub in the mbr toilet instead.

My wife using the guest toilet which just have a small window.

Wah if it's obvious from the pool level it's quite bad....

Thanks TYM,

I just saw your blog.

Very nice house and the reno and decoration were done very tastefully!!

Tanglin halt is the new block just off commonwealth MRT right? Nice area there and convenient as the food court and Sheng siong is just downstairs.