Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
preciousjam

Ea In Zhenghua

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm not sure how the termination requirements go about for maids since i never hired a maid before. But judging from newspaper reports on maid agencies, isn't there any termination fee or something like that or not?

If I recall, if you terminate during the period where the maid is still repaying the loan, I believe you'll have to give her back to the agency, where she'll be classified as a 'transfer maid'. While the agency seeks to get her a new employer and find you a new maid, you'll have to pay a daily rate for her accomodation/lodging via the agency. Even if the maid has paid up her loan, the arragement is similar if you return her to the agency. Or alternatively, if you choose to send her back, you have to pay for her air ticket if she goes back under the agency.

The best way is to have the termination come from the maid herself. If she wishes and makes the decision to go home, then its no issue. She buys her air ticket (or out of goodwill you can always buy it for her considering budget airways quite cheap these days), then the contract is terminated by mutual consent and she goes home. Just ensure whatever salary she is owed is given to her. There is no need to involve the agency in this process. But this is provided the maid has already paid up her loan to agency. Thereafter, you just need to terminate her work permit and you can look out for the replacement.

thanx for the advice....I'll probably talk to her about whether she wants to continue working here after the contract ends or want to go back....I was prepared to pay for her ticket if I decide to terminate her contract and she decide to go back.....but if she still wants to work in Singapore, then best to let her know early that I'm not gonna renew, give her time to look for other employers....one thing for sure definitely got no loan issue here......just feel like enjoying the privacy of the household.....

Wah new so fierce ah ? scary leh hahaha :P

now then u know ah?!not yet have a taste of her bawu yet hor? :P

u wanna get top,bottom,left,right,center from her?

Go provoke her lah,hehe :D

that's New but only towards BBron..... :P

yalor! i only let big bad rondy 'smell' my bawu nia!!

Ahahahaha .. you all **** cute lah!

*Add on by sparying more air freshner* At this rate, we all get poisoned by both bawu and air freshner! Ahahahahaha!

Morning Bro so how's your malacca trip ?

Now that you reminds me

*wearing gas mask for protection and spray more air freshener* hahaha :lol:

Morning Bro so how's your malacca trip ?

Now that you reminds me

*wearing gas mask for protection and spray more air freshener* hahaha :lol:

Trip ar ... Well, fast one, did whatever work I had to do, then chilled on some extra coconut, extra gula melaka chendol.

Going back this Friday again for the final round.

:curse:

BTW,john,ur reno coming to an end soon hor?

How is your feelings now?

Yup, I'm glad its coming to an end. Its been both fun, yet tiring and draining.

My next nightmare is the packing, moving and unpacking. Then of course, there's settling in and live-in period.

But I guess its something to look forward to.

Trip ar ... Well, fast one, did whatever work I had to do, then chilled on some extra coconut, extra gula melaka chendol.

Going back this Friday again for the final round.

Yup, I'm glad its coming to an end. Its been both fun, yet tiring and draining.

My next nightmare is the packing, moving and unpacking. Then of course, there's settling in and live-in period.

But I guess its something to look forward to.

Wah shiok leh

I gotta pay myself if I wants to go leh hahahaha

Anyway you forgot abt the maintenance of your white white house also leh hahaha :P

BBRon!!! This time round hubby's taste different from yours....he still prefer the one that we have right now....

Ask kopi want to buy for his kopi tiam anot?

after 3 days of hacking and knocking, this is what remains....

View from main door

IMG_5759.jpg

View from the baclony

IMG_5760.jpg

where the study room used to be

IMG_5761.jpg

Wow u hack away the wall between the living and dinning rm. Do u need to engage QPE to endose ? Mine also hack away but need QPE to endose and oversee the whole hacking process.