Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
briglaz

Delay Of Seller Moving Out

Hi All,

Need some advice on this issue:

We have completed our 1st appt and currently waiting for the final inspection and 2nd appt.

It is during the 1st appt that we got to know that the seller has not found a place to move out yet (despite us informing them that they should quickly find a place when we sign the otp and resale forms. :(

As we are handling the transaction by ourselves (no agents), if the seller is unable to move out before the resale completion date (which we have already let the appt date to be set one week later), is it possible to get the seller to pay since we are already servicing the loan? Our CPF have already been deducted.

Also, should we go ahead with the taking over of the flat?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After 2nd appt, legally unit is yours aredy.

Its the seller's fault.

You can be nice, let them stay for free for 1st month or something.

Or charge them rental, nominal or market rate.

Or be nasty, chase them out.

charge them market rental rate lor.

then it will b a pinch & they will b more hardworking to get their new home :P

It's legally yours, if you are in a rush to move in, you can seize the place.

But if you're not in a rush, charge them market rental + 25% extra. :P

my seller offered to pay rent cos he extended 2 weeks more. wanted 1 whole month but hubby excited to move in so in the end seller paid us 2 weeks rental.

by law, the unit is urs already so if they can't move out by then see how long they wanna extend. few days i think still ok.. anything longer than that, ask for rental cos u will be paying conservercy charges, installment deducted etc...

remember to transfer ur pub/electricity when they move out. i applied for pub in advance but date i put 1 day after they moved. Unless u can be sure the seller move out by then, don't apply first. it takes only a few days for the application ( i think)

Well really depend on the agreement you have with the seller........ for my case, I sell and buy.... so I am doing contra..... in this case, on the 2nd appt, I cannot move out yet cause I need to reno my new hse..... so before hand, have an agreement with my buyer.... I sell them lower (take it as a rental of sort) but they need to give me a month or so to reno my new hse........... so base on the compromise, they agree and all put in black and white..... so no issue here....

Try discusiing with the seller and come to a compromise.... this will be win win situation....

Well really depend on the agreement you have with the seller........ for my case, I sell and buy.... so I am doing contra..... in this case, on the 2nd appt, I cannot move out yet cause I need to reno my new hse..... so before hand, have an agreement with my buyer.... I sell them lower (take it as a rental of sort) but they need to give me a month or so to reno my new hse........... so base on the compromise, they agree and all put in black and white..... so no issue here....

Try discusiing with the seller and come to a compromise.... this will be win win situation....

ya, go for a win win situation as seller can turn nasty if u nasty to them. They can damage the house before hand over to u so nice to people and people would be nice to us.

I just shifting to new place (oops, not even my flat yet) and had handed over my place to my buyer, all done before 2nd appointments. My 2nd appointment for selling is next week and 2nd appointment for buying is early May.