Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kthc

New Home In Sembawang

Hi KTHC,

Looks like good progress on your renovation. The tilers' work look very pro.

Very nice touch with the mosaics too! :)

Both toilets' mosaics look very nice! :D

Thanks, I like the mosaics too, favorite part of the reno so far. Wanted another row under the kitchen window but wife wanted a blue glass backing along the cabinet area (now KIV...), and too much colors won't look good in our small kitchen.

The MBR mosaics, initially only had the bottom row but it looked weird and too short (visualizing using a floor plan vrs actual is very different...) and we asked Yeak to add one more row. They already had the tiles up and had to take them down and re-tile I guess.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks, I like the mosaics too, favorite part of the reno so far. Wanted another row under the kitchen window but wife wanted a blue glass backing along the cabinet area (now KIV...), and too much colors won't look good in our small kitchen.

The MBR mosaics, initially only had the bottom row but it looked weird and too short (visualizing using a floor plan vrs actual is very different...) and we asked Yeak to add one more row. They already had the tiles up and had to take them down and re-tile I guess.

Very nice of Yeak and the tilers to do that for u. Some people may not want to do it, since tiles are already up. :)

I know. Least we could do was to keep supplying them with packet drinks :)

Another hiccup today and I'll bet the tilers and Yeak won't be exactly happy. Discussed with Mark (from Wellmax) that we'll like to have top-hung bi-fold doors, because bottom tracks can trap dirt easily, but I forgot to tell Yeak about it.

Yeak's tilers swee swee left a space for bottom tracks (which I gather, the usual way) and we are asking them re-tile it again, asking nicely though... I think Mark also not very happy cos he did his measurements from based on the bottom track and Yeak has to send his guys to redo the tiles... I think I'm public enemy number 1 for today...

For lighting, i recommend u to go to lighting.com.sg at balestier to take a look first. Although they have have a very wide range of lighting but if u r not not looking at those fanciful lights i tink they will fit the bill. Their price is :good:, no gimmick and the prcing for all the lights are all tagged clearly for u to see unlike some shops which dun display the pricing and you got to ask the SA to know the price of the lights.

i google but cant find their website lighting.com.sg online.

can i have the address of the shop?

thank.

hihi

saw that u r looking for downlights n other lightings.

i went to this place yesterday.

Kaki Bukit Eunos Warehouse

No 3 Kaki Bukit Rd 2 #01-08A

-

Tel: 6844 0634

1 normal white downlight w 15w tube bulb n ballast each $8w/o gst (plug in type)

but we changed to 9w tornado bulb n ballast so each $14w/o gst (screw in type)

*cos this bulb wont protrude out of the rim.

Andy served us. V helpful guy. Only cash n nets.

They have many other lightings but i dare not look in case i changed my mind n wanted more!

The listed price is only for show. he will slash further for u.

but the warehouse v hot no aircon!

Thanks New, someone did tell me about the warehouse before, but didn't really cross my mind to check it out yet.

Saw your thread, good progress:)

i google but cant find their website lighting.com.sg online.

can i have the address of the shop?

thank.

Hi Hon, its lightings.com.sg, 515 Balestier Road, probably going down this weekend to check it out.

i cant remember if u are going to preciousjam place or not?

Nope, my birthday is a few days after the PPP but my little cousins treating me in advance....

I know. Least we could do was to keep supplying them with packet drinks :)

Another hiccup today and I'll bet the tilers and Yeak won't be exactly happy. Discussed with Mark (from Wellmax) that we'll like to have top-hung bi-fold doors, because bottom tracks can trap dirt easily, but I forgot to tell Yeak about it.

Yeak's tilers swee swee left a space for bottom tracks (which I gather, the usual way) and we are asking them re-tile it again, asking nicely though... I think Mark also not very happy cos he did his measurements from based on the bottom track and Yeak has to send his guys to redo the tiles... I think I'm public enemy number 1 for today...

Haha, I guess it's bobian de lar. :P Buy more packet drinks for them loh. :P

Giving them free flow of packet drinks... think the amount I've spent on packet drinks can do a box-up of something somewhere by now :P

Super ‘long’ weekend last week...

Friday: Aircon installation by Gain City, very good work by the installation team to complete within a day, think they left about 7.30pm. Minor problem is that the living room aircon is tilted a little by 5cm. Any issues? Yeak was there in the morning to help with suggestions about the aircon trunking, really appreciate his advice.

Seems like somebody have been calling HDB to complain about the reno noise several times now…. Niao bugger…

Saturday: Met Yeak in the morning to discuss paint options, had a quote from a guy doing solar films and another person to quote for curtains and blinds. Followed by light shopping at Balestier… Bought all my lights from Extreme, delivery this Thursday afternoon … Lightings.com.sg was cheaper by a little but my wife liked the dining light from Extreme and we were too tired to go back to lightings.com.sg (taking public transport…) so bargain a little with Alex and got a reasonable price overall.

Still had a little energy to pop by S&C Furniture to get a dining set, great service by May, now just hope the quality of the table will be good. Got to wait till end of the month for shipment to be confirmed.

Dead tired by the end of the day.

Sunday: Settled our curtains with Mr Chew, well recommended in this forum. Another good contact will be John, whom I got from Angel81 but we got it from Mr Chew cos he’s price slightly lower, partly because by then, we know what are the higher end materials to avoid liao.

Loonnnnnnnnng weekend…………

Hehe, at least u guys got lots of stuff settled over the weekend. :D Now can start looking forward to the installations and we can look forward to your pics! :P

YAY *high five* another one who shopped for all these using public transport.. ultra tiring hor. I was so tired at the end of each day I just KO...

Good that you settled so many things!!!