Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kthc

New Home In Sembawang

Hi Rasp, i'll take a picture tomorrow and post it for you. The door is hanging from the top and there's some rubbery thing below the door which will touch the kerb. Do remind or inform your contractor about the top track thing.

Was very busy packing and then unpacking since my last post in late July. Wife then went holiday with the one and only camera, just came on Wednesday....

Will post up some pictures soon, to showcase Yeak's work. Quite happy with the overall renovation and it was a pleasure working with him over the last 2 months or so. Those who plan to shortlist him, do it early as the last time I spoke to him, full till Oct and he's not the type who'll take in business for the sake of it.

Now charging the battery and will post some of the earlier photos soon.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

glad to see you back in action....hahahaha already pack and unpack liao...i was still thinking which stage is your reno at.....

hehehe glad things turn out smoothly for you too...remember show more pictures...gonna look for Yeak soon...my sis gonna reno her house....

Pictures:

Feature wall... just to cover the ugly bomb shelter door..

3848686904_4207da1c79.jpg

Another part of the Feature Wall cum shoe cabinet

3847895211_4693c3c6c5.jpg

Kitchen (which took the longest time to design and caused the most headaches)

3848690024_69e7b2f034.jpg

3847897793_39501a040a.jpg

Extendable table

3847897675_d39b7a7db1.jpg

Edited by kthc

KTHC,

your place looks very nicely done up.

Love the TV console and organised Kitchen with blue glass backing.

Yes, agreed the planning and design for the kitchen is really the most headache part - On Saturday, we spent 3hours plus discussing about the kitchen design and cupboard/drawer layout with Mr Yeak and his brother.

BLUE BACKING?nice wow!!!your suspended kitchen cabinet got light below?

i like the corner shelves whereby u can put your spices and easy access!

U design it ah? :good: sooo cute!!!!And practical!!!

Thanks, we like the blue too, Yeak showed us someone else using orange backing but think blue still a little safer;)

As soon as we got the flat and the floorplan, started thinking of designs for the kitchen since my wife complained its too small. Decided to go with a U shape design and also had to make sure our current fridge and new washing machine can fit. Did a lot of draft drawings using the floorplan and used the ikea magazine alot, very useful for ideas and measurements of common items.

FYI, if anyone doing this, remember to tell your contractor about the height of your washing machine, we totally didn’t think of that, luckily Yeak checked with us, else they could have made the solid surface into one straight line. If you noticed, there’s a little step up for the washing machine. Yeak likes to remind us that he thought of that;)

Oh, and there’s never enough powerpoints, include as many as you can, we’ve just asked them to put one more just above the washing machine for our rice cooker and kettle. Didn’t think of that the last time.

KTHC,

your place looks very nicely done up.

Love the TV console and organised Kitchen with blue glass backing.

Yes, agreed the planning and design for the kitchen is really the most headache part - On Saturday, we spent 3hours plus discussing about the kitchen design and cupboard/drawer layout with Mr Yeak and his brother.

Didn’t meet Yeak’s brothers till the carpentry started, both quite nice, the eldest one looks like a old Hong Kong actor, pretty funny too.

Don’t forget about your wardrobe too, seems easy enough but you or your wife may like specific heights and plan for drawers and such. My wife & I drew out our own wardrobe, with measurements but my wife didn’t want my input and happy happy put in dimensions which turned out too high or large for her stuff, had to call Yeak to take out and change some things (when everything is completed) but not all things can be changed, so she’ll have to live with it.

Copied the TV console design from a picture in a magazine, hide all the electrical points inside but his man blur blur, go and drill the hole for the wires a little off the centre so now if you sit in the centre of the sofa, you’ll see the bunch of wires quite off the centre of the tv.

Common bathroom with alot of input from Yeak

3848688018_f09393c195.jpg

i like the way ur common bathroom turned out! simple and nice with white and dark grey floor tiles.. ur horizontal bars in the shower area for placing shower stuff also gave us some ideas.. thanks!

looking forward to more of ur reno updates :)