Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

City Living

Lights from Ikea for the cozy corner (balcony). We stretched if fully so it can illuminate the entire area.

DSC_00300030.jpg

DSC_00320032.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice progress, i like the laminates for your cabinets. Wonder how much will your final quote be?

Edited by pbtgal

Nice progress, i like the laminates for your cabinets. Wonder how much will your final quote be?

Thank you. I am happy with all the cabinets except for those in the kitchen. May ask ID to change them as they look a little yellowish.

Latest quote now is a little more than $37K. Hope no more addition.

Edited by sohck

Thank you. I am happy with all the cabinets except for those in the kitchen. May ask ID to change them as they look a little yellowish.

Latest quote now is a little more than $37K. Hope no more addition.

If $37-8k is very reasonable consider the tons of carpentry to be done, hee.

TV console and feature wall

DSC_00100010-6.jpg

I have the same tempered glass for hidden console too.

But ID feels that can see the interior 4 steel sides not very nice.

So ask carpenter to take back and try use tinted dark glass maybe will not be so visible.

Cant say if it will be nicer coz not here yet but might be a interesting idea F.Y.I

Actually didn't thought of the door knobs. I think I also prefer the handle ones, easier to open door than the round ones, especially with wet hands.

Yes, actually spend quite a bit of money on carpentry. One third of the time on the renovation is spent on carpentry.

IMO handles look more classy, now still got time maybe u can feedback to your ID and have them changed :P

There is a mosque next to my block, same as forkie (right?)

DSC_00260026-1.jpg

But you live so high up ! I gotta live with them singing every morning n evening wor :(

I have the same tempered glass for hidden console too.

But ID feels that can see the interior 4 steel sides not very nice.

So ask carpenter to take back and try use tinted dark glass maybe will not be so visible.

Cant say if it will be nicer coz not here yet but might be a interesting idea F.Y.I

This one is interesting - when I first sourced for ID earlier this year, everybody quoted me black tinted glass for the console. This ID that I have told me to use the clear glass instead. He said the coating on the coloured tinted glass (not only black, also applicable to other colours) will interfere with the remote control for the DVD players, etc. We have no preference over the colour so we went for clear glass.

Have you had chance to test if what my ID said is true?

This one is interesting - when I first sourced for ID earlier this year, everybody quoted me black tinted glass for the console. This ID that I have told me to use the clear glass instead. He said the coating on the coloured tinted glass (not only black, also applicable to other colours) will interfere with the remote control for the DVD players, etc. We have no preference over the colour so we went for clear glass.

Have you had chance to test if what my ID said is true?

If it is using black tinted glass using paper to paste over ya. Remote will not able to sense at all.

So we are opting for clear glass but black tinted which still can see through.

So in the end still will be able to see the 4 steel sides but should be less obvious then clear white glass I hope.

If $37-8k is very reasonable consider the tons of carpentry to be done, hee.

Did a rough estimation: carpentry portion should be $11K - $14K (some items don't know whether should count as carpentry or not).

ID called to say that he is postponing the building of the platform to Monday.

When we were there last Monday, it was pouring and water was seeping in through the windows. ID has gotten it fixed but not sure if it works.. So he wanted to wait for another raining day just to make sure that water will not seep in through the windows to the platform, as our cozy corner is built just next to the windows.

Hope this will not delay our move-in date.

ID called to say that he is postponing the building of the platform to Monday.

When we were there last Monday, it was pouring and water was seeping in through the windows. ID has gotten it fixed but not sure if it works.. So he wanted to wait for another raining day just to make sure that water will not seep in through the windows to the platform, as our cozy corner is built just next to the windows.

Hope this will not delay our move-in date.

Any other outstanding other than the platform?

Any other outstanding other than the platform?

That's the only major item left. The rest are almost finished (requiring some or little touch-up).

ID said will take about 4 days to complete.

Will drop by later at the new flat to snap more photos.

That's the only major item left. The rest are almost finished (requiring some or little touch-up).

ID said will take about 4 days to complete.

Will drop by later at the new flat to snap more photos.

Great, then shift in b4 qi gue shouldnt be a prob liao.

Great, then shift in b4 qi gue shouldnt be a prob liao.

This one die die must happen. Moreover my son having his CA2 in August, so we have to shift in so as to supervise his revision. Currently my kids live with my mum who lives a distance from where my wife and I stay.