Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

City Living

Will be moving from our EC in the East to a 5RM at Central sometime 3Q this year. Here's the floor plan:

th_FloorPlan-New.png

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Gotten quotations from 9 IDs, namely: (in alphabetical order)

- Baroque

- Design Guy

- Home Guide Design

- Ideal

- InnerView

- Strategic

- Weiken.com

- and a friend of mine, can't remember his company name, though

So far the quotations are somewhat similar, with the exception of Weiken.com's quote, which is $25K+ more. We have now asked to see the workmanship of each of the ID, so as to narrow down to 2 or 3 shortlist. We will then get them to give us a final quotation and make a decision.

We have made some purchases. These items will be taken out from the final quotation. The purchases we have made are:

- Supreme laminate (for three bedrooms and balcony). Maybe we will also overlay the marble at the living with laminate, decision to be made later after we get a chance to look at the condition of the marble again.

- Ezzi Living Daytek EZ Hi-Dry for hanging clothes

th_EZHi-Dry.jpg

- Sikaman AS8042 Shower Screen + Ls2914 Hot Cold Mixer

th_AS8042.jpg

- LG GR-L207WLK + LG WD1250ERD

th_LGGR-L207WLK.jpg

th_LGWD1250ERD.jpg

Spam Chop. :)

What a unique balcony you got.

Initially we thought the balcony was cute - but now it is an headache. Wanted to do wooden blinds but was advised not to. The shop owner told us it is going to be very ugly trying to put 8 to 10 pieces of wooden blinds in a semi-circle. Was told to do solar film instead.

Welcome! Your layout is very interesting, got round edges .. can share which area in your new place in?

It's over at Delta Ave, the end of River Valley Road. The 5RM at Sin Ming Ave has exactly the same floor plan. One ID brought us to see one of the house he was renovating - it is EXACTLY the same as what we have, including the orientation.

The two round edges in the rooms are also an headache because they look quite terrible. Planning to build some cabinets there to hide them.

It's over at Delta Ave, the end of River Valley Road. The 5RM at Sin Ming Ave has exactly the same floor plan. One ID brought us to see one of the house he was renovating - it is EXACTLY the same as what we have, including the orientation.

The two round edges in the rooms are also an headache because they look quite terrible. Planning to build some cabinets there to hide them.

Is it one of the point blocks? The units there are very big ..

If you are engaging ID, can tape on their ideas what to do with the round edges :)

Find that your kitchen is quite long, can easily place dining table there.

Unfortunately the kitchen is quite narrow, so there won't be enough space for a proper table. Our plan for the kitchen is to make an L-shape basin, a breakfast counter for my two kids, fridge, and cabinet for the rest of the space left. Dinning table is probably going to be either behind the sofa or lean against the kitchen wall at the living area.

We have made some purchases. These items will be taken out from the final quotation. The purchases we have made are:

- Supreme laminate (for three bedrooms and balcony). Maybe we will also overlay the marble at the living with laminate, decision to be made later after we get a chance to look at the condition of the marble again.

- Ezzi Living Daytek EZ Hi-Dry for hanging clothes

th_EZHi-Dry.jpg

- Sikaman AS8042 Shower Screen + Ls2914 Hot Cold Mixer

th_AS8042.jpg

- LG GR-L207WLK + LG WD1250ERD

th_LGGR-L207WLK.jpg

th_LGWD1250ERD.jpg

how muchd did u pay for ur supreme laminates?

oh man..... i love your washing machine... you know there is a fridge with the same print with blink blink somemore!!! love them to bits lor... but out of my league... too expensive...

Is it one of the point blocks? The units there are very big ..

If you are engaging ID, can tape on their ideas what to do with the round edges :)

Yes, it is one of the point blocks. If you are there, you can easily recognise the blocks for their round balcony.

Planning to build cabinet at the round corner to hide the irregular shape.

welcome! think your idea for the kitchen is great. :)

Thank you.

As my kids are both going to primary school next year, we want to have a place in the breakfast where they can have a quick breakfast before going to school. We also want the breakfast counter to be near the water basin so they can deposit the dirty bowls and plates into the basin immediately after their meals.

This idea came from many iterations of discussion with IDs. We saw two similar setups in two showrooms at Chew Interior and Strategic.

how muchd did u pay for ur supreme laminates?

oh man..... i love your washing machine... you know there is a fridge with the same print with blink blink somemore!!! love them to bits lor... but out of my league... too expensive...

I bought the laminate directly from supreme. The sales manager told us that is a good price but I have an agreement with him not to reveal the price.

Yes, the washing machine is supposed to be good. We wanted something that save energy, my wife did her research which pointed us to the LG. The salesperson at Harvey Norman was good and she managed to upsell us this expensive model - suppose to have steam function that can do some simple ironing.

After spending so much money on the washer, we didn't get the matching fridge, so settle for something lower end.

Also, too much red for the kitchen might be bad fengshui.