Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

City Living

noise to me is ok la. my house is near a main road. so noise is nothing. roomba's noise should be bearable.

oh, u mean roomba is noisy? How noisy? neighbour can hear?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
oh, u mean roomba is noisy? How noisy? neighbour can hear?

Softer than a standard vacuum machine, but still noise nonetheless.

Exactly, not easy to find chinese-educated fellows nowadays :D

I was told that short-sighted people will still need reading glasses, but at a later stage of life. My friend who is 53, doesn't need it yet. When he needs to read small prints, he will remove his short-sighted glasses & read with his bare eyes.

If you are keen on lasik, go for blade-less with laser cut operation. Lesser human error.

Exactly, not easy to find chinese-educated fellows nowadays :D

I was told that short-sighted people will still need reading glasses, but at a later stage of life. My friend who is 53, doesn't need it yet. When he needs to read small prints, he will remove his short-sighted glasses & read with his bare eyes.

If you are keen on lasik, go for blade-less with laser cut operation. Lesser human error.

Actually I haven't made my reading glasses. So when I need read, especially at night, I will do so without glasses. It was during my recent medical screening that I found out that I have long sighted, *sign*.

You may want to refer to my blog to know what you need to prepare when you meet him for the quotation. Will definitely help to save you alot of time chasing for his quotation subsequently.

Hi sohck, how was your meeting with Ah Soon? Was it fruitful?

It's supposed to be tonight. Say he will call us when he is coming - not sure what time he will turn up.

BTW, am meeting another contractor at Bedok area at 5pm today. I am getting worried because I read that Uncle's business is too good and so many more people are asking for his contact.

What do you think? Should I go with Uncle?

It's supposed to be tonight. Say he will call us when he is coming - not sure what time he will turn up.

BTW, am meeting another contractor at Bedok area at 5pm today. I am getting worried because I read that Uncle's business is too good and so many more people are asking for his contact.

What do you think? Should I go with Uncle?

Hi sohck,

i think u should read some of the advice from gaku, smallboy and most importantly...speak to uncle before making the decision.

Like what some has mentioned...here are some key rule:

1)If you need the reno to be done quickly, there maybe possibility that he will delay abit. In my case, i am doing the reno..but my customary will only be next Jan. so it a long way for rectification.

2) u got to project manage it yourself. mean u have to be personally or anyone to supervise and point out what is wrong.

3)If u prepare to have abit flaw here n there...then it ok If perfectionst...it will be a no no.

4)if u expect him to react immedately after callig him or even to be able to recah him everytime u call...he will nto be the guy.

Having to say that, he is very easy going, will try his best to accomdate what u need him to do. I choose him cos of my budget but also i have the fiath iin him n manage my expectation after getting some advice in this forum. :)

Hope this help.

Yeap, biz too good might mean that quality would drop bcos he might not be able to cope. But the most important thing is his attitude, if he closes one eye & wants to give sub-standard work in order to meet deadline, then you can drop him.

I suggest you meet up with him before you decide your next action.

Meanwhile, you might want to check on this guy. Rondy & Angel81's flat was done by him. Quite a responsible guy.

Mr Yeak

Basic Image & Design Pte Ltd

Block 292,Yishun Street 22

#01-291,Singapore (760292)

Tel : 9238-9340

Hi sohck, how was your meeting with Ah Soon? Was it fruitful?

We waited in vain for Uncle till 8.30pm. Then my wife called him - I think he has forgotten about our appointment. So the new appointment is set for this coming Friday evening.

Hope he will turn up this time!

I think you should try the method another forumer did to Ah Soon... ie. give him 夺命追魂 call every now & then to make sure he will turn up for your appointment :lol:

I think you should try the method another forumer did to Ah Soon... ie. give him 夺命追魂 call every now & then to make sure he will turn up for your appointment :lol:

I am now also considering other contractors. I like Ah Soon and the reviews I read here - I just seriously worried that he might not be able to handle the workload.

Anyway, met another contractor yesterday at 4+, will be expecting another quotation soon. Maybe I will also check out Mr Yeak too.

Give yourself time to evaulate the options. Mr. Yeak seems to be doing a great job for PreciousJam now. He did Rondy and some others too. Ask them for their reviews too.

Uncle prices are good but if time & project management is a concern then dont jump into it. More heartache and headaches later on.

Ah Soon called up my wife yesterday morning to say that he would drop by 7-8pm since he needed to be a Tampines yesterday.

We waited till 9pm and Ah Soon was nowhere to be seen. My wife started calling him and finally got him on the phone at 9.45pm. Ah Soon said he will drop by 10+. My wife told him that the kids need to go to bed and asked him to drop by the next day (Saturday).

Let's see if we could meet Ah Soon today.