Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

City Living

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Sohck , u wan quotation from my contractor ? Just another option for you :)

Yes please. Please PM me your contractor's contact.

As expected, Ah Soon didn't turn up or called yesterday.

This time round, I didn't call him to ask either. We concluded that either he was too busy or he wasn't keen on our business. We just got to move on.

It's one week away from getting our keys, so this coming week is crucial, we need to complete our shortlist by next Tuesday.

Will be going down to Bukit Panjang to view one of the project by Ideal Reno & Interior Design this evening....

Will be going down to Bukit Panjang to view one of the project by Ideal Reno & Interior Design this evening....

didn't see this...should have ask you come my place if you want to see Yeak's works in progress... ;)

didn't see this...should have ask you come my place if you want to see Yeak's works in progress... ;)

Thanks you so much preciousjam. Maybe you can PM me your address, will find time to drop by to see this week.

saw in another topic u meeting Yeak this wednesday....hope you get a good quotation from him...he has so far been very efficient in his work....

saw in another topic u meeting Yeak this wednesday....hope you get a good quotation from him...he has so far been very efficient in his work....

Yes, have made an appointment with Yeak tomorrow afternoon to go through my requirements.

Thanks preciousjam for the contact.

Well, it is good that you keep your options open.

Although it would be tiring for you to repeat your requirements to each & every ID/contractor, I belive in finding the most comfortable person to work with in renovation. Nevertheless, just don't go to Ho Bee... they are not as good as before.

BTW, how was your discussion with Ideal? I thought they are not bad as I remember seeing some good comments on this company.

Well, it is good that you keep your options open.

Although it would be tiring for you to repeat your requirements to each & every ID/contractor, I belive in finding the most comfortable person to work with in renovation. Nevertheless, just don't go to Ho Bee... they are not as good as before.

BTW, how was your discussion with Ideal? I thought they are not bad as I remember seeing some good comments on this company.

Hi yokine9a,

I believe my wife and I have repeated our requirements / preference more than 20 times. Tiring but worth the effort as we want to seek out the best deal we could get. Presently we have 10 quotations, and about five IDs we spoke to didn't response [with quotations].

This week we will be doing the shortlisting, choosing two or three IDs/contractors that we are comfortable with and inviting them to our new house next Wednesday (3 June) to take measurements to finalize the quotation. We plan to make a decision by 6 or 7 June and hopefully we can start work on 8 June (or the earliest realistic date).

We saw a project by Ideal on Sunday and went to their office yesterday. So far our impression of them is very good. We are just waiting for them to come back to us on the revised quotation and design [tomorrow]. Needless to say, we have shortlisted them. We just need to decided on the second or third IDs/contractors by 2 June.

Mr Yeak just SMS me to tell me that he is fully booked for the month of June and will not be able to do my reno unless I am willing to postpone it to July. What a waste! Guess no point for me to get a quote from him in this case.

But I will always respect him for his professionalism. Never commit more than what you can deliver.

Mr Yeak just SMS me to tell me that he is fully booked for the month of June and will not be able to do my reno unless I am willing to postpone it to July. What a waste! Guess no point for me to get a quote from him in this case.

But I will always respect him for his professionalism. Never commit more than what you can deliver.

ya, he told me he's full for june....that's Yeak...coz he can't compromise on the quality so he uses all the same workers, thus the time line for each project is very impt to him....

hope you get to confirm your id soon, june arriving soon....

ya, he told me he's full for june....that's Yeak...coz he can't compromise on the quality so he uses all the same workers, thus the time line for each project is very impt to him....

hope you get to confirm your id soon, june arriving soon....

Already shortlist one. Getting a quote from a contractor tomorrow, meeting an ID tomorrow to go through new requirements, and viewing a project done by my friend.

Wow, then siong! But working day and night to try to settle everything by next Tuesday.

Met Baroque today and saw a unit my friend is doing (for workmanship). And got another quotation from Ideal and a contractor yesterday.

Now I have one whole stack of quotation (I think it's 13 of them). We have done some shortlisting and it is now down to three. Will be checking the workmanship of Baroque during the weekend and we should decide who to go with after that.

So exciting - almost time to make decision!

PS: This Baroque guy is fast. There was some misunderstand and he thought the appointment is tomorrow. When I called him on the phone, he rushed to my place within 20 minutes. We met and revised the requirement and within 3 hours he has emailed me the revised quotation, together with a revised drawing on my floor plan. Impressive!

The last four quotations I have - including Ah Soon's - prices are quite close. Two of them are IDs and the other two are contractors. Seems that IDs could also match the price of contractors!