Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

City Living

someone managed to beat ah soon's price? ;) that's incredible...i find his is the lowest (at least in my search for the id/contractor)

Not sure about your (and other forumers') experience, but Ah Soon price is not that low, at least for my case. Just marginally (5%) lower than Baroque's. Moreover, his Chinese quotation is very brief so we are not too sure what we are getting, although I would believe that there are no other hidden costs.

Yes, this contractor at Bedok has price that is lower than Ah Soon's, especially in carpentry.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Not sure about your (and other forumers') experience, but Ah Soon price is not that low, at least for my case. Just marginally (5%) lower than Baroque's. Moreover, his Chinese quotation is very brief so we are not too sure what we are getting, although I would believe that there are no other hidden costs.

Yes, this contractor at Bedok has price that is lower than Ah Soon's, especially in carpentry.

if you gonna used this guy from bedok, he could be the next big thing!!! :notti:

if you gonna used this guy from bedok, he could be the next big thing!!! :notti:

Hmmm, who is this big guy from Bedok ah? Very famous person??

sohck, do check for additional feature you might like to have in carpentry, eg. soft closing mechanism, matching laminated surface for inner side.

Hmmm, who is this big guy from Bedok ah? Very famous person??

sohck, do check for additional feature you might like to have in carpentry, eg. soft closing mechanism, matching laminated surface for inner side.

This Bedok contractor is not a big guy lah. It is a carpentry factory that also does contractor job. If you have a lot of carpentry you will find their price lower.

But I am not comfortable with them as their descriptions are not comprehensive enough, think might have hidden cost here and there.

Anyway, didn't shortlist them.

Hi!how much do u pay for your supreme AC5 lamination in total ah?AC5 is direct imported from Germany lei,must be costly! :deal:

I will PM you the price I got from Supreme as I have agreed with Supreme not to share the price publicly.

According to the Sales Manager, the laminate I am getting is from Malaysia. He says that tropical wood is more suitable for Singapore compared with European wood (don't know real or not). Prego's tropical wood is about the same price. But I want to support Singapore company so I have gone with Supreme.

The quotation I got from IDs on AC5 is much cheaper than that from Supreme, and some even come with lifetime warranty. But I want the peace of mind so I have gone ahead with Supreme. Two things I can be sure of: the workmanship will be as good as what I can get in Singapore, and it will be real AC5.

Till now I still have not concluded if it is better to get AC5 directly from Supreme or through ID/Contractor.

It stopped at where I stopped, there's no updates or progress ever since.

2 injured, 1 dead. They waived that last 5% payment, that ID got sacked, my house still like that ..

Poor you, got to live with this...

Finally got the keys on Tuesday at 4pm. On Wednesday, we "opened house" and invited the two shortlisted IDs to our new place. We got them to run through their quotations, and do whatever verification they need [on the actual house].

Our observations:

The guy from Ideal is very hands-on, once he was in our house, he basically threw away our floor plan and started measuring everything with the measuring tape: the proposed shoe-rack, kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, study table, toilet doors, kitchen doors, book cabinets, etc. We had a very detailed discussion and we spent more than 1.5 hours with him.

The guy from Baroque is more theoretical. He was quite happy with our floor-plan discussion and only once he took out his measuring tape to show us how long the mirror (installed at dining area) would be. The entire discussion with him lasted only 30 minutes, with lots of silence in between.

Needless to say, we are more impressed with the guy from Ideal.

Baroque was quick with his revised quotation. It was emailed to me even before I reached home (went to Havelock to see another contractor then went for a meeting at City Hall). As of now, the revised quotation from Ideal has not arrived yet.

Ah Soon called yesterday morning to ask if he could drop by too to take a look at new place. We told him to give us his English quotation that he has owed us for two weeks now first. We did not invite the Bedok contractor to our new place as she didn't seem to be interested to make the visit.

Took the chance yesterday to take some pictures of our new place. Here they are:

First on the scenery. View from Master Bedroom overlooking the Tiong Bahru area.

DSC_0043.jpg

Looking right from the Balcony window, it's all condo till the end of River Valley Road. We re one of the five remaining HDB blocks left on River Valley Road.

DSC_0047.jpg

View of balcony from the living area. The previous owner has hacked the door separating the living area from the Balcony and now the balcony becomes part of the Living Area. We intend to put up a platform at the semi circle to form our cozy corner. We have already purchased the platform from Supreme, initial quote is $1,800. Guess the price will come down after they have taken the measurement.

DSC_0016.jpg

Edited by sohck

Afternoon sun! The balcony faces west so we are going to be "toasted". Plan is to install good quality 3M solar film meant for car, as they are more effective in blocking UV, and put up day and night curtains. We bought curtains from this shop at Whampo area ten years ago. Good quality and price and they still send me Chinese New Year cards all these years.. So I guess we will go back to them for our curtains.

DSC_0041.jpg

Edited by sohck