Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

City Living

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Fwah !

You had got your ID and start work earlier then me sia ?!

LOL ! not bad !

I also decide to lay laminated floor instead of tiling up all the bedrooms.

Was thinking Supreme actually but my wife is not impress on the selection. Too dark IHO. Those lights 1 not really her type.

So bo bian we check Pergo catalogue and go with them instead.

Fwah !

You had got your ID and start work earlier then me sia ?!

LOL ! not bad !

I also decide to lay laminated floor instead of tiling up all the bedrooms.

Was thinking Supreme actually but my wife is not impress on the selection. Too dark IHO. Those lights 1 not really her type.

So bo bian we check Pergo catalogue and go with them instead.

Hi forkie,

Indeed the hacking work started just yesterday (Thursday). Didn't have a chance to go down to take a look yet. May do so later today if I can find sometime (new house new my working place).

You make the right choice lah. Supreme wasn't as good as I initially thought.

1) When you are buying from them, they promised you many colours. During the actual selection, the guy only brought 10+ samples for you to choose, saying those are their new colours (how come I cannot like old colours meh?) Then out of those 10+ colours, some no stock, some got problem with supplier, some not nice so you are left with perhaps just 6 to 8 to choose from. I also visited the Pergo booth at Expo and the outlet at Anchor Point, I think the selection at Pergo is a lot more compared with Supreme.

2) Then the price, told us $3.80 we can't get anywhere else. But many of the IDs said they can give us the same price leh. Moreover, when we changed our mind and not lay laminate over balcony, living and dining, the price suddenly shot to $4.00. His explanation, need 5% wastage - which translated to 5% gained in price!? Why is wastage not calculated into the price initially? My rooms are square so wastage should not be so much right?

Maybe Supreme's quality is good, but so is Pergo and many other brands. Moving forward, I won't recommend Supreme to anybody from now on!

Hi forkie,

Indeed the hacking work started just yesterday (Thursday). Didn't have a chance to go down to take a look yet. May do so later today if I can find sometime (new house new my working place).

You make the right choice lah. Supreme wasn't as good as I initially thought.

1) When you are buying from them, they promised you many colours. During the actual selection, the guy only brought 10+ samples for you to choose, saying those are their new colours (how come I cannot like old colours meh?) Then out of those 10+ colours, some no stock, some got problem with supplier, some not nice so you are left with perhaps just 6 to 8 to choose from. I also visited the Pergo booth at Expo and the outlet at Anchor Point, I think the selection at Pergo is a lot more compared with Supreme.

2) Then the price, told us $3.80 we can't get anywhere else. But many of the IDs said they can give us the same price leh. Moreover, when we changed our mind and not lay laminate over balcony, living and dining, the price suddenly shot to $4.00. His explanation, need 5% wastage - which translated to 5% gained in price!? Why is wastage not calculated into the price initially? My rooms are square so wastage should not be so much right?

Maybe Supreme's quality is good, but so is Pergo and many other brands. Moving forward, I won't recommend Supreme to anybody from now on!

Well at least you using AC5. This grade so far haven seen much pple complain on it.

Yah i was browsing Supreme and really little range to choose from. The texture oso not really impressive compared to Pergo.

But taking Pergo also cause a big dent in my wallet. 3 rooms est 3.8K total >__<

Well at least you using AC5. This grade so far haven seen much pple complain on it.

Yah i was browsing Supreme and really little range to choose from. The texture oso not really impressive compared to Pergo.

But taking Pergo also cause a big dent in my wallet. 3 rooms est 3.8K total >__<

Wow what grade of Pergo are you using?

My 3 rooms using Supreme AC5 is only about $2.2.

Today ID called to say that hacking for kitchen and two bathrooms will be complete by today. Now waiting for HDB approval to change the common bathroom door.

Wow what grade of Pergo are you using?

My 3 rooms using Supreme AC5 is only about $2.2.

Eh I took the better grade Practiq series with titanX =/

Family series should be cheaper but I think flooring is impt since i will be living for along time so i requested for better grade.

Common bathroom door also need hdb approval? :unsure:

Yes, I am relocating the toilet door, so HDB approval is required.

Eh I took the better grade Practiq series with titanX =/

Family series should be cheaper but I think flooring is impt since i will be living for along time so i requested for better grade.

Agreed. Flooring is for the long term. Get the best quality that you can afford and you won't regret it.

Agreed. Flooring is for the long term. Get the best quality that you can afford and you won't regret it.

You are very right. I hope I get the BEST quality floor. Can you introduce some good brands for floors to me so I can get the good floor brands. Thnks! :D

You are very right. I hope I get the BEST quality floor. Can you introduce some good brands for floors to me so I can get the good floor brands. Thnks! :D

Oh, n some cheap ones too. :)

I can think of two good ones: Pergo and Supreme are examples of good laminate, Pergo being European and Supreme local.