Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

City Living

Yesterday we went to the new flat to meet the master tiler. The master tiler, a Malaysian, double-checked with us how he would lay all the tiles. Another three workers will be there tomorrow to help him.

Basically the hacking is more or less done, the workers were clearing the debris while we were there.

Old laminate flooring has been cleared, air-con disposed. The tiles, rubbish chute, cement and sand are all there. So ID asked us for the next payment, either a 30% or 40% (we paid 20% when we signed the contract).

Will be posting some pictures soon.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Big mass at the living area:

DSC_0002.jpg

Woah we are more or less in same stage. :)

My hacking completed on 26th Jun.

Now is 2nd day of tiling.

Cant hep to saw u got your aircon for $2.8k ! My aircon guy is quoting me 3k for Mitsubishi inverter.

Can intro your lobang to me ornot :D

Woah we are more or less in same stage. :)

My hacking completed on 26th Jun.

Now is 2nd day of tiling.

Cant hep to saw u got your aircon for $2.8k ! My aircon guy is quoting me 3k for Mitsubishi inverter.

Can intro your lobang to me ornot :D

We are also into second day of tiling - so you have caught up as I believe I started the hacking before you.

My aircon is system-3 le, yours the same too? I got my aircon from my ID as the three shops we approached at IMM all cannot do the installation until end of month. As we are not sure when we need to do the trunking, we have decided not to take a risk (delaying the renovation) and go with our ID instead. In fact, I believe Gain City quoted us $2,650 but won't be able to do the installation until 30 Jun.

Anyway, I will check with my ID on where he gets the aircon from and pass it to you later. No harm getting an additional quote.

The kitchen after the hacking. The two pipes at the far end will be boxed up, together with some storage space for mop and vaccum cleaner. The black box on the left is the hob left by the previous owner. Rubbish chute at far right will be replaced by a new one, and the position moved up slightly.

DSC_0004.jpg

The common toilet after hacking. It took the Bangalah less than an hour to hack a new opening for the door (left of picture), and that cost me $80.

DSC_0005.jpg

Bedroom 2 (study) after hacking. The chair from the master bedroom has been shifted here :dribble:

The ceramic tiles are laid by the first owner. The previous owner has overlaid the ceramic tiles with laminates. We are going to do the same.

DSC_0003.jpg

Edited by sohck

The black box on the left is the hob left by the previous owner.

Guess you are keeping the hob? I suggest you get it dismantled for now and keep it somewhere safe and clean. With all sorts of renovation works ongoing in the kitchen, some contractors may not take care/handle it well.

Guess you are keeping the hob? I suggest you get it dismantled for now and keep it somewhere safe and clean. With all sorts of renovation works ongoing in the kitchen, some contractors may not take care/handle it well.

Hi Reiki,

Actually I am not keeping the hob, just not sure why the workers still left it there. Can't be for their own use, right?