Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

City Living

Bedroom 3 has the arc on the side just like the master bedroom. We will get the ID to construct a 6 feet wardrobe, and a smaller cabinet to cover the arc. Perhaps we will move in the single bed too for me to sleep as the master bedroom will be too crowded with my wife and the two kids.

DSC_0022.jpg

Edited by sohck

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The meeting with Ideal:

There was an accident on PIE so we got to our meeting 10 minutes late, but the ID was still all smiles when we got there.

The ID went through the proposed designs for the carpentry in (1) TV console and feature wall; (2) kitchen; (3) masterbed room wardrobe cum bed headrest; (4) bedroom 2 study table and cabinet; and (5) bedroom 3 wardrobe. But unlike Baroque, all the pictures were hand drawn and not coloured (black and white). 3D pictures are high-tech and hand drawn ones are impressive - I am weak in my arts and crafts and hand drawn pictures never fail to impress me.

Comparing the quotes, Ideal's one is more pleasant. The ID removes the items that we didn't need (discover during the visit to our new flat) and added in new ones that we asked for. One the other hand, Baroque has added in a few items that were not in his initial quote, such as hacking and disposal of bedroom cabinet, etc. I can't stop but feel that Baroque is adding some items to make up for the removed items so as to keep his top line in tact.

Ideal also told us to decide quickly because he could only do three projects simultaneously. Three projects? That is a big contrast to Uncle Ah Soon and also 40% lower than "nice shoe". So he will have a lot of time to look after our reno so we won't have to do it ourselves.

At this juncture, we are very inclined to give the reno to Ideal. But I told him "Let me sleep with your quote for the night, if I don't get any nightmare, I will give you the deal tomorrow!"

Sure enough, no nightmare last night - so he will get the good news from my wife later on in the day!

We are almost ready to give Ideal our renovation job. My wife has informed them of our decision yesterday and we will drop by this evening after work to sign the agreement and hand over 20% downpayment. Ideal will then procced to apply for the HDB permit and hopefully we can start work next week.

Anybody knows of anyway to accelerate the approval of the HDB permit? How about calling HDB everyday, does it work?

We are almost ready to give Ideal our renovation job. My wife has informed them of our decision yesterday and we will drop by this evening after work to sign the agreement and hand over 20% downpayment. Ideal will then procced to apply for the HDB permit and hopefully we can start work next week.

Anybody knows of anyway to accelerate the approval of the HDB permit? How about calling HDB everyday, does it work?

I got mine approved in just 1 day as no hacking of us. Usually it takes 3 days for major reno.. think the end result you got to ask your ID or contractor.

I got mine approved in just 1 day as no hacking of us. Usually it takes 3 days for major reno.. think the end result you got to ask your ID or contractor.

Mine got quite a bit of hacking. Looks like it's going to take at least a few days.

Mine got quite a bit of hacking. Looks like it's going to take at least a few days.

Yours got hacking of what?? I also got hacking but small hacking like MBR floor tiles lor.

who will be in charge of your project?i remember Melvin yick!he didnt come back to me after quotation the other time,and when i called him,he is no where to be found!IDea house work is not bad,i saw before but over the years they have increase the reno cost.they have GST and hauledge charges too right? :rolleyes:

Hi rondy, mine just completed recently by IH ID, no GST but there is haulage & debris removal fees. For your info. Cheers! :)

Hi rondy, mine just completed recently by IH ID, no GST but there is haulage & debris removal fees. For your info. Cheers! :)

My experience is similar: no GST but there is a charge for haulage.

Today we told Baroque and Ah Soon that we have signed with Ideal. I have also updated my signature accordingly.

Baroque has very good workmanship and design, however, their price is 10% higher than Ideal. Ideal is more lacking in design but has excellent workmanship (at least for the showflat). Ah Soon is way too busy we don't think that is suitable for us.

sohck, good to settle on reno firm liao. :good:

can't wait to see the reno drawings to your house. keep us updated! :dribble:

I have gotten quite a few hand-drawn diagrams, but not sure if I should post it here.

My ID will also be supplying some 3D diagrams (not many, maybe just two for the bedroom and console) so that we can visualize the colour combination.