Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My house's lock as provided by Ah Soon, was opened and left it there when my wife arrive at the scene to witness it. I have replace it with my own lock on top of the existing lock. I wonder if it is Ah Soon's doings or is some disgruntled sub- cons. :curse:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Yowetan,

My family is the victim of such cruelty.

The tiles worker who didnt received the payment hack+destroy the floor tiles...

We just move in to our ongoing-renovation place yesterday. Here are the situation.

1. The floor tiles that has been done (a quarter of the whole house). lots of dust and broken tiles everywhere

2. The cemented floor tiles (a quarter) it is fixed NOT STRAIGHT ! ! ! ! - There will be extra around 5cms at the right side of the kitchen. while the left side of the kitchen is less 5cms.! ! !

3. The restroom, that is nothing done (original condition) and what add it worst is that: it cause the flood, because the sewerage is covered with some stones during the hacking! - we cant take shower here.

4. the restroom-wall tiles, it is put un-match!!! - this means, for the first 4 tiles is put vertical (the tiles motive is horizontal), the rest top 2 tiles is put horizontal (the tiles motive is vertical).....

5. Iron-gate that is sew-ed at the bottom part + the main door that is un-attached.

Over The long weekend before we move in, we (the owner) do some cleaning and cover-up the finished floor-tiles ourselves so that it wont leave a mark or damaged. Have removed all the broken tiles that previously laying around everywhere. and even clean the windows, which he promise to do it for us!

We have made a payment of 60% (around 15k) and this is what we got (UNACCEPTABLE WORKS + UNFINISHED WORKS).

What needs to be done:

-The 60x60cms bedrooms floor tiles + to install (yesh, not enough tiles for more than 60 pieces (30x30cms @ $3.2)!!!)

-30x30cms Bathroom floor tiles + to install

-60x30cms kitchen wall tiles + to install

-Electric/wiring

-Lbox

-kitchen cabinet

-2bathroom windows

-2bathroom doors

-main gate + iron gate

-kitchen cabinet

-basin

-painting

-2 bedroom wardrobes

-living room cabinet

:furious:

IF ONE DOESNT HAVE MONEY! ! ! ONE SHOULD AT LEAST CONTRIBUTE SOME WORKS ! ! !

Hi shace,

Thanks for verifying the information. You may like to follow the rest of the affected home-owners in meeting up with Uncle Soon and seek a resolution to the renovation woes. I believe there are people who willing to assist you in this.

You just need to sound out and not suffer in total silence. All the best.

Hi Yowetan,

We just move in to our ongoing-renovation place yesterday. Here are the situation.

1. The floor tiles that has been done (a quarter of the whole house). lots of dust and broken tiles everywhere

2. The cemented floor tiles (a quarter) it is fixed NOT STRAIGHT ! ! ! ! - There will be extra around 5cms at the right side of the kitchen. while the left side of the kitchen is less 5cms.! ! !

3. The restroom, that is nothing done (original condition) and what add it worst is that: it cause the flood, because the sewerage is covered with some stones during the hacking! - we cant take shower here.

4. the restroom-wall tiles, it is put un-match!!! - this means, for the first 4 tiles is put vertical (the tiles motive is horizontal), the rest top 2 tiles is put horizontal (the tiles motive is vertical).....

5. Iron-gate that is sew-ed at the bottom part + the main door that is un-attached.

Over The long weekend before we move in, we (the owner) do some cleaning and cover-up the finished floor-tiles ourselves so that it wont leave a mark or damaged. Have removed all the broken tiles that previously laying around everywhere. and even clean the windows, which he promise to do it for us!

Shace,

how do you and your family stay in the uncompleted house ? then you not getting another contractor to finish up the work?

Thanks for the understanding as well. Of cos i will no worries as I had mention earlier reporting to media or go by legal means as a way to push Ah soon. Not like ppl show how much he can save. Anyway I will stop all these as to some people think he will be always the winner , jus let it be. No problem or disgrace , at least I am willing to be a loser. .

Ok loser!!! Good for you!!!

Am I reading wrongly? Are you saying someone's floor tiles really hacked away because of Uncle Soon defaulted payment? Who is the victim then? Where is your source of information?

Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Yowetan,

We have made a payment of 60% (around 15k) and this is what we got (UNACCEPTABLE WORKS + UNFINISHED WORKS).

What needs to be done:

-The 60x60cms bedrooms floor tiles + to install (yesh, not enough tiles for more than 60 pieces (30x30cms @ $3.2)!!!)

-30x30cms Bathroom floor tiles + to install

-60x30cms kitchen wall tiles + to install

-Electric/wiring

-Lbox

-kitchen cabinet

-2bathroom windows

-2bathroom doors

-main gate + iron gate

-kitchen cabinet

-basin

-painting

-2 bedroom wardrobes

-living room cabinet

Edited by shace

really hope everyone can have a peaceful mind in finding the right contractor.. so thought of sharing my own experience.. currently i renovating my place will post pics once done so that you guys have a benchmark to avoid future unnecessary worries.....

Both of you are not right or wrong either, but at this moment of time, arguing doesn't help the owners at all. If can, provide some forms of assistance or advise will be better. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for the understanding as well. Of cos i will no worries as I had mention earlier reporting to media or go by legal means as a way to push Ah soon. Not like ppl show how much he can save. Anyway I will stop all these as to some people think he will be always the winner , jus let it be. No problem or disgrace , at least I am willing to be a loser. .

Guys, take a break.

Non Ah Soon victims can just come in read but do save your comments elsewhere. We all know it's a grave mistake made, but just stop all those comments to aggravate others' feelings. Remember that everyone will have their own bad patch in life.

As for those who are helping out esp. Jaskel, I feel you need not rebuke to fully convince others, as long as your conscience is clear. It will be endless story.

Good luck to all!!! :)

Wow jaskel what an ah soon saviour you are.You are just like a god that come out from nowhere and being holy enough to help those sufferer.But the bad news is that all ah soon customer have contracted AIDS. I wonder how many you can safe but even if you manage to save i dont know whether they can survive that long.Cause your resources cant be unlimited to an extend that you are giving out free thing doing charity work. Come on lah free lunch for everyone.I will be the first to take leh. But i wonder the free lunch got poison anot (hidden agende) . I am afraid that by eating the free lunch it not only dont help my hunger but it make me more hungry or rather make the renovation more problem to the owner.BEWARE OF FREE THING HOUSE OWNER.

I think whether Jaskel's offer is helpful to Ah Soon's existing customers or not should be left to the customers themselves to decide. The rest of the people should not be making groundless attacks on him, and worse, use offending words on Ah Soon's customers.

I dare to say I'm doing it without earning any commission, swear it also can. But what the points? Let others house owners see it themselves. And I can tell everyone that, I've no HDB licence. And best of all, no one paying me to do the job.

well at least you are willing to come out to help. earn or not is not an issue. everyone need to get paid for work done. so whoever is bashing you, maybe can come out and be the saviour and work for free, or even better, give free reno. otherwise dun hide behind comp and whack ppl for helping.

wow saw these messages abt ah soon... feel sorry for others and narrow escape for myself as i nearly went to engage ah soon for my house renovation. in the end i went to SUMMIT DESIGN STUDIO and engage Joewi. really glad that my effort to find appropriate contractor didnt go down the drain.

MOST IMPORTANTLY never cheat my money and MIA!!!

This meet up was a last min. arrange as able to get hold of him. If you want, u can meet up later 830am at jurong west area. I had asked him to give all house owners at least an answer. Promise from him may not mean anything but I will be helping those house owners to solve most of the issues.

jaskel!!!! guessed I missed the meetup again. :bangwall: Anyway I do not have any leaves left and would probably not be able to meet during weekday office hours. Is it okay for you to arrange a day on the weekend maybe? I'm just asking, its okay if its not possible because I know u r just helping.

hi konajovin

how is ur carpentry?

Hi Seashell, so far so good, anything you dun like or unhappy with, ah ho try his very best to compromise and help me. Really thumbs up for his service but one thing for sure

He is SUPER NAGGY.. worst than my mother.... maybe he old liao? His workers all very hardworking, workmanship wise, you can come my place and see.. will invite you and ur hubby over

just to make your 2 cents worth... :)

Guest Goobii

Just come across and read this article.. find it useful.. thus extract and put it here.

Hope we can also benefit and learn something from this : )

Home Renovation

It is important to select a good and reputable contractor for the job. Track record is exceedingly important and it would be useful to see photographs of existing works done by the proposed contractor or even see their works in progress if the opportunity permits.

Whilst cost is always a factor to consider, other factors like quality, time taken, defect liability period must also be considered. For HDB dwellers, it is important to engage a HDB approved contractor. For more details on HDB registered contractors, please click here.

During works in progress it is essential to monitor the work as sometimes inferior products can be "buried" by contractors within their works and when such begins to act up, it is beyond the defect liability period and proof will be difficult. Have a camera ready to take snapshots of unsatisfactory works and if possible, have another person accompany you during inspections which should be done periodically. The time invested in such inspections may save a lot of heartache in the future and will definitely increase the chances of avoiding future disputes with the contractor. Diary any dissatisfactions and write to the contractor to make amends. If progress of work is not satisfactory, raise the issue early, do not wait till the last minute or you may be faced with unfinished or shoddy workmanship.

CASE has a "model" agreement which is available at the CASE office. The model should be taken as a guide and modified as may be appropriate. It should not be taken as an end all.

CASE also have a bilingual renovation leaflet to advise you how to avoid renovation pitfalls. You may get the copy from CASE office or HDB counter (Toa Payoh HDB Hub). More information on this leaflet, please click here.

Meanwhile CASE would advise:

1. Do not be pressurised by any contractors particularly to sign any agreements, this applies to interior designers as well as CASE has seen situations were high pressure sales were used and the small claims tribunal used to "enforce" such contracts.

2. Plan in advance, do not make last minute discussions on such a big issue like renovation or you will be unnecessarily pressurising yourself. Pressurised consumers do not make good decisions.

3. Check credentials of renovation contractors, ask for a list of works done.

4. Be mindful that renovation contractors also have their field of specialty i.e. those good at HDB renovation may hold true for other properties and vice versa. In this regard, consumers must be mindful that their contractors must have enough expertise to guide them through the slew of permits required in a renovation job.

5. Make progress payments and only after satisfactory completion of the job agreed upon.

6. Never advance money to a contractor particularly in large amounts unless you are prepared to risk losing it.

7. Be vigilant during works and take down your misgivings meticulously.

8. Recognise when you must give up on your contractor and notify him before appointing a new one in place.

(Disclaimer: CASE does not assume responsibility for the information obtained beyond this point. We also do not necessarily endorse the views expressed or the commercial products that may be advertised on these sites.)

no didnt install ventilation but the places of shower, there is a small window... but i still dun feel safe..

so is mouldguard more import or the water repellent or i can put both.. can i get it at paintstore?

mouldguard is just a ceiling paint can get from paint store, but water repellent is like another layer of coating normally used on cement, building materials shop should have that.