Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
littleones

Our Miracle Home @ West Coast

hi littleones, i think i can help u :)

dyleen, i saw the ad also. shd be this one.

me thinking of going this sat lei.

RUGS Warehouse Sale From $2!

29/8/2009 - 18/9/2009

Weekday 9am-6pm

Weekend 10am-5pm

Cash & Nets only.

JACKSON DESIGN HUB LEVEL 1

29 Tai Seng Street Singapore 534120

Where's this Tai Seng street huh? sorrie i blur, seems to be very far leh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi yuene, thank you :) i'm in west coast leh, not clementi, can join also? :rolleyes:

newnyew: yes, yes, that's the one!!! here are some stuff which i got there.

wip_60.jpg

The dark green shaggy carpet at $56.

wip_57.jpg

Door mat for $2. Comes in several colours.

wip_58.jpg

Shaggy bathroom rug (about 60 cm in length) at $4. Comes in several colours too.

wip_59.jpg

Bamboo mat at $5. Comes in several designs. More for deco purpose I think. My foot there is just to give an estimate of the size... :P

Dear littleones,

I am so impressed by your new huse! When are you gonna invite me with Charlxxx & Susxxx? After reading your whole blog here, I feel very inspired to properly do up my own home -- yes 2 years after moving in! Back then no $$$ so only did up kitchen, toilets and painted house. No built-in storage so hoarder me has turned the whole hse into a pig sty :help:

If you are looking for ironing board & miscellaneous stuffs, I highly recomment Leifheit brand. I know it sounds scary and expensive, but the quality means you save your back (it's solid!) and time + $ in the long run...look out for their warehouse sale (now in Pandan Loop area) by Hogarmas. They used to be permanently in Beauty World but moved out since. They sell other good quality European brands like Soehnle too. Look out for their ads in the papers.

Thank you for showing us your great buys from the rug sale. We don't have a car but I will find a way to get there! :horse:

All the best in your love nest :yamseng:

Sorry peeps, I've been super busy these days and pretty much settled down in my new place, thus no time and nothing much to post. Have moved in for about 2 months already. There are still much decor and touch ups to do but once you've gotten used to the environment, it's really tough to envision what can be done better :unsure:

Anyways, sorry for the late reply but Pinklady, I'm not sure if the carpet sale is still on; the place is in Ubi, really kinda ulu unless you stay in the east :ph34r: You can check out google map.

My dear mudpie sis, I don't think my house is in a visit-worthy state yet but if you gals wanna visit, just let me know and I'll see what I can do ;) I know what you mean...it's only 2 months and my house is moving towards becoming a pigsty already..oh dear.. but well well, do go ahead and makeover your house.. then Charl, Suz and moi can go visit!!

Oh, I've gotten a cheapo ironing board from my neighbourhood hardware store for $14.90 but it's pretty ok so far. I like the green leafy one from Brabantia but the price is really crazy..too atas for me i guess. but in any case, if there's a Leifheit sale again do let me know :P

Some of you have been asking me about my side table replacement. Well, here's the update.

I've self-collected the side table. I was super pissed off and cannot understand why I had to self-collect something which was delivered wrongly to me in the first place :angry2: and I wasn't given any choice at all - either I self-collect or I keep the wrong one. Absolutely ridiculous! After an endless flurry of email, I only agreed to self-collect upon the seller's word that I do not have to bring back the wrong side table to her or return the $100 which she transferred back to me earlier (which I was supposed to transfer back after I got the right item). Thus, I take the $100 discount as compensation for my time, effort, and fuel spent on travelling from the west to east and back although I still would have chosen not to do collect it myself if I had any choice.

This is the replacement I've got. In fact, the dimensions are still the same as the previous one just that it was rotated such that the length became the breadth and vice versa. The height is still too short for my bed and the proportion of the legs is not like the original piece either.

wip_61.jpg

That's the front of the side table. Looks much better than the previous piece but compare with the original yourself.

wip_62.jpg

The table top which looks abit weird. Jagged lines on 3 edges save for one side; and a close up of the lines.

wip_63.jpg

Well, I really dunno what to say anymore...Guess what we pay is what we get? :dunno:

Edited by littleones

hey newnyew, thank goodness you did not get anything from her. yah, i just want to put this unhappy episode behind me and not let it mar my new life in my new house. feel comforted after reading the other thread, knowing she's the problem and not me :rolleyes: haha..you want to visit and see the quality of her stuff issit? :P

We used roman blinds for the whole hse - living room, MBR and 2 other rooms - as all are half-height windows.

Apparently, I've also heard that roman blinds are expensive so I was surprised that ours costs $750. However, I would think that they are only more expensive than normal curtains; day-and-night curtains of the same window length would probably cost more.

This is funny, part green, part pink... :P The pink part is actually our converted WIW area. When the wardrobe is up, this won't be seen.

wip_27.jpg

We then adjourned to Ubi to check out some wholesale French classic furniture but was kinda disappointed. They have more teak, oriental furniture than the white classic pieces we were looking for. The showrooms were also super stuffy!

After the disappointment and lack of ventilation, we moved to Joo Chiat to check out wall coverings at Golden City Decor Enterprise (as recommended by forummers here). The elderly auntie who attended to us was kinda hip as I was quite sure I heard her humming along the English songs played on the radio :D They seem to have a wide collection of wallpapers (of course cannot compare to Goodrich but Goodrich :bleah:) so auntie only showed us some. I quite like these 2 pieces though whether we will do wallpaper or not is not certain yet due to budget issues.

wip_32.jpg

Creamy background with white embossed glittering flowers for the subtle yet interesting touch when lights reflect on it. For the living room wall, since we are not going to do any feature wall. We were quoted $384 for one wall.

wip_30.jpg

I think this is gorgeous..a lovely and romantic pink with classic flowery motifs. Of course my other half thinks otherwise.

wip_31.jpg

This is the sample of how it would look like as a whole. This design is more expensive, thus it would cost us $555 for one wall.

Hey nice wallpaper. May I know how big is your wall? WHy my ID quote up to 1k for a wall(e.g, whole wall behind L shape sofa and slightly more)? Mine considered expensive?

Any cheap wallpaper to recommend? Thanks much!

Hi

I just found a online website not sure if it's the one you're referring to.

Can you PM me the site or the person's name so i would be aware of it and not get anything from that site? :P