Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
littleones

Our Miracle Home @ West Coast

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Focus: our sink is not exactly facing the hall..there's a wall. it's clearer if you see the floor plan. any issues if it faces the hall?

Thanks, preciousjam! we may consider the accessories we need then. just that they keep saying that it's much cheaper to buy the set :P may i know where can i find Asia excel or Critzo brand?

critzo brand can be found at Asia Excel...is that the brand of your sink? my sinks also critzo....

you can go to Asia Excel at Balestier (near whampoa market) or Imm...heard that alot of forummers go to the one at Balestier look for desmond...for me its closer to go to imm..you might want to check out their cuzino hood and hob with franke kitchen sink and tap at 699...

Thanks, Focus ;)

preciousjam: we went imm (hoe kee and sim siang choon) to take a look but didn't notice this Critzo brand. i didn't even check out what is the brand of my sink wor...issit Critzo :blink: i googled and found this shop in geylang selling alot of bathroom accessories, including the Critzo brand and other kitchen stuff so may go there take a look. oh yah, how do you know? we are also having a headache over which hob & hood to get... and lightings too :wacko:

Edited by littleones

Thanks, Focus ;)

preciousjam: we went imm (hoe kee and sim siang choon) to take a look but didn't notice this Critzo brand. i didn't even check out what is the brand of my sink wor...issit Critzo :blink: i googled and found this shop in geylang selling alot of bathroom accessories, including the Critzo brand and other kitchen stuff so may go there take a look. oh yah, how do you know? we are also having a headache over which hob & hood to get... and lightings too :wacko:

heard about this deal from reno talk also...i bought it as i can't bring myself to buy others, no matter how i calculate still expensive to get on its own... :D

lightings i got it from extreme lighting at balestier near to the "founder ba kut tea shop" prices also quite reasonable...

HOB & HOOD

It was time to get our hob & hood as tiling has been completed yesterday. As everybody has differing opinions, we couldn't decide on which to get. Thus, just like choosing fruits, if you don't know which tastes better, you just choose the nicest looking one :P With this rationale and since I'll most likely be the one cooking, I've picked the Aerogaz black sparkling glass hob as THE choice. Naturally, we got the hood together since the package price is more attractive. Hob is retailing at $389 & hood at $229, package is at a very affordable $499 (so we save $119) with a free slow cooker :rolleyes:

wip_22a.jpg

wip_22b.jpg

Along the way, we went to Goodrich and checked out their mind-boggling choices of wallpaper...no conclusion which to get or whether to get...may check out other wallpaper providers like DNA and Design Intervention first ;)

TOILET ACCESSORIES

Also along the way, we went to Sim Siang Choon at Changi to purchase our toilet accessories. There are so much more choices there as compared to those in IMM or Balestier. We decided not to get all the 7-pc set accessories but just those we need. Inclusive of the 2 mirrors below, we spent about $240, which is much cheaper than getting 2 full set of accessories :) The oval one is for MBR toilet and the round one is for the common toilet.

wip_23.jpg

Tomorrow will be tedious as we check out Balestier for the right lights :unsure:

Edited by littleones

Pinklady: not yet. contractor said no hurry to install so, oh well, we just wait. imagine we still rushed to buy them :wacko:

SOLID SURFACE

Today was a busy day. Met up with Daniel again to discuss on the solid surface top. We were given Sing Solid Surface (3S) but we read in forums that 50% of their workmanship got problem :blink: and <$65/ft was a more reasonable price. We were rather worried about the workmanship and also felt kinda overcharged at $80/ft. We were more surprised to learn that the 3S solid surface was actually polyester and not acrylic :o He showed us the LG HI-MACS acrylic samples (super shiny when placed next to the polyester top) but we had to top up to $110/ft which meant $480 more for a solid top :unsure: so eventually we decided to take another brand 'Marstone' cos we don't have to top up and it is under LG...but their polyester range, just like 3S. Still felt shortchanged as saw other people's reno quote for this Marstone was $63/ft :bleah: but what to do? We gain some and lose some ba :( moreover so far he hasn't given us any headache yet.

wip_28a.jpg

I also had a change of mind over the kitchen cabinet laminate. Decided that a darker shade would go better with the glossy white wall tiles and yellow & brownish floor tiles.

wip_28.jpg

So the kitchen cabinet laminate and solid surface top would look like this. Was contemplating the one at the top (Aurora) but decided that Brown Sand is better since easier to match my granite sink and as Daniel mentioned, got ants also cannot see :lol:

wip_29.jpg

LET THERE BE LIGHT....AND PAINT

Our PLC lights have been partially installed. Together with the lighting point, installation and PLC lights, we were quoted $30 each, so I guess it's cheap ba. Daniel gave us Osram energy saving 13w bulb (in Cool White) citing it as the best in the industry but I read in this forum that some of the Osram bulbs are now made in China? :dunno:

wip_24c.jpg

The PLC lighting case and the carton of Osram bulbs. Our toilet bowls, wash basins, taps and water heaters have also arrived for installation.

wip_24b.jpg

The MK switches we are using. Daniel said it's good one. We've no studies of switches though :dunno:

Painting for the house has been completed today except for the doors. We are using Nippon paint Vinilex 5000.

Living room = Lily White 5005

wip_24.jpg

I actually forgot to take a pic of the living room so this one can see abit of the wall in Lily White together with some of the installed PLC lights.

MBR = Royal Pink 5081

wip_25.jpg

2 other rooms = White Ice 5073 (actually is more like pale green)

wip_26.jpg

This is funny, part green, part pink... :P The pink part is actually our converted WIW area. When the wardrobe is up, this won't be seen.

wip_27.jpg

We then adjourned to Ubi to check out some wholesale French classic furniture but was kinda disappointed. They have more teak, oriental furniture than the white classic pieces we were looking for. The showrooms were also super stuffy!

After the disappointment and lack of ventilation, we moved to Joo Chiat to check out wall coverings at Golden City Decor Enterprise (as recommended by forummers here). The elderly auntie who attended to us was kinda hip as I was quite sure I heard her humming along the English songs played on the radio :D They seem to have a wide collection of wallpapers (of course cannot compare to Goodrich but Goodrich :bleah:) so auntie only showed us some. I quite like these 2 pieces though whether we will do wallpaper or not is not certain yet due to budget issues.

wip_32.jpg

Creamy background with white embossed glittering flowers for the subtle yet interesting touch when lights reflect on it. For the living room wall, since we are not going to do any feature wall. We were quoted $384 for one wall.

wip_30.jpg

I think this is gorgeous..a lovely and romantic pink with classic flowery motifs. Of course my other half thinks otherwise.

wip_31.jpg

This is the sample of how it would look like as a whole. This design is more expensive, thus it would cost us $555 for one wall.

Our search for the lightings continued. Went Geylang and Jalan Besar. The prices there are really high as compared to Balestier. It's crazy! Those rectangle PLL lights we saw at Balestier were around $60-$100+ but at these 2 places, the prices started at $88 minimum...same design somemore! :blink: Chandeliers were worse...similar Egyptian crystal pieces were $650 (Geylang & Jln Besar) vs $300. Think we'll likely go back to Balestier to get the lights next week. Still can't find a nice piece of Tiffany-styled stained glass light (like those in Swensen's) for our dining area. The best we saw was at Balestier @ $500+ but sold already :( So the search has to go on.....

How much do you pay for the kitchen cabinet laminate? We are planning to get laminate from Evershine as well...you just contact them and they will come and do for you?

worldangel: Believe you are replacing your laminate but we are fabricating a new kitchen cabinet so the price is different, and we are dealing with our contractor only, not Evershine directly.