Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
littleones

Our Miracle Home @ West Coast

WORK-IN-PROGRESS (Part 3)

wip_8.jpg

The windows have been changed - "tea leaf" tinted glass. Grills not up yet.

Those white stripes are really amazing. It's used for plastering and makes the edges so sharp and pretty :)

wip_9.jpg

Pristine white kitchen wall tiles up. They have some lines running across like waves and bring out the length of the kitchen.

wip_10.jpg

MBR toilet with eczema covered up nicely with marble-like wall tiles...but the pipe is STILL there!!!! :bangwall:

That's about what has been done so far. This week is rewiring and setting up the L-Box.

Still to be done - aircon, lightings, floor tiles, gate, window grills, painting, carpentry works...

We going to shop for toilet accessories and lightings this Saturday ;) but we're already having a headache choosing laminates for the carpentry and also the wrought iron gate :unsure:

Edited by littleones

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi littleones, congrats on your new miracle house. I had the same layout as yours and our proposed layout for living/kitchen is the same also. But is the sofa very near to the tv with the shoe cabinet as partition?

Hi takomi, thank you :) yah, i agree..this is one of the problems. the shoe rack is a must so i think we can only try to get a smaller tv due to the distance.. Do you have a blog of your house here for us to take a look? :D

gd that u found a contractor that's willing to throw in all the things for u! Will he be allowing u to pick the items or u just have to go with watever he buys? $46k seems like quite a gd price since most fittings r thrown in already. :rolleyes:

Hi takomi, thank you :) yah, i agree..this is one of the problems. the shoe rack is a must so i think we can only try to get a smaller tv due to the distance.. Do you have a blog of your house here for us to take a look? :D

Not for the moment yet, still waiting for 2nd appt. I having this problem too, hope to have a partition cos staying low floor too. But worry that the area is too narrow to put a L-shape sofa.

Thanks, booy and flyingballoons :)

mrspiglet: our contractor just included those fittings in the quote so we have a better idea of how much we will be paying so he didn't exactly throw it in :P We get to choose everything. He provisioned an average cost for the items, eg. wash basins. So if the one we choose is more expensive, we will have to top up; if cheaper, he will deduct. Yes, we rendered that 46k is acceptable since most stuff are included, such as the 30+ PLC lights, which we understand that people usually have to buy them separately and the contractor only does the installation.

takomi: congrats on getting your house soon! we've measured the floor plan and it seems like the distance between our sofa and the tv would be about 3m which is quite ok so you may want to consider :)

I know what you mean when you said your house is a miracle house hehe...sometimes when the house is meant to be yours, it will be yours...for my house, the first time I called the seller's agent for a house he told me said that the house has been sold. The next day he called me again and told me that the first buyer backed out because they wanted to move in earlier but the owner refused. Then the best part was I got confused and went to view another unit in the block instead with my agent (I asked my agent to arrange the viewing and just gave her the block number, so she went ahead to arrange, not knowing that there are actually 2 units for sale in the same block!). Only after I stepped out of the first house, I saw the seller's agent I was supposed to meet by the lift and he told me that the unit I wanted to view is actually another one, and by coincidence, is on the same floor and opposite the unit I viewed by mistake!

Haha...so imagine if I never met the agent by the lift...the house wouldn't be mine... ;)

WORK-IN-PROGRESS (Part 4)

The false ceiling for the living room and the L-boxes for the 3 bedrooms have been completed. I may sound suaku but I really wonder how they are going to find or create the lighting and electrical points since everything is hidden inside the false ceiling :huh:

wip_11.jpg

Kitchen cabinet base is up and so is the water outlet for the kitchen sink. Contractor was funny. He said that he had buried the water drainage pipe in the ground (beneath the kitchen cabinet) and in the direction as shown by the yellow line; if he doesn't like us, he would lay the pipe in a L-shape (shown by the red line) and above the kitchen cabinet base since it would be more convenient to do so than cutting the floor to hide the pipe :P The L-shape may also cause chokes in future due to the bend.

wip_12.jpg

The rubbish chute is also up. He didn't ask us and just installed it. Thank God it's a cute pink colour :sport-smiley-004:

wip_13.jpg

Tiling for wall and floor of both toilets and kitchen is also completed. No pics taken as it was too dark when we went to see.

SHOPPING

We went shopping with our contractor yesterday to select toilet fittings and accessories from a shop in Balestier. Here are the stuff we've chosen.

wip_14.jpg

This is abit bulky for our small toilets but we didn't have any choice as we are restricted by our toilet offset of 6". Anyway, it's a good choice with dual flush and slow close feature.

wip_15.jpg

The wash basin and tap we have chosen for the MBR toilet.

wip_16.jpg

This is the set for the common toilet. Again, we were restricted by size, so had to choose this one even though I prefer the earlier one. The tap looks similar but is different. It has a square stem to match the square sink.

wip_18.jpg

Kitchen sink tap. The handle is of the same style as the taps for the wash basins.

We didn't manage to find any nice toilet accessories there. These are 2 of the more presentable 7-piece sets they offer. The first set is $160 and the second set is $195.

wip_19.jpg

wip_20.jpg

If we still cannot find elsewhere, think we may settle for the first set.

They are also selling their normal rectangle mirrors at $68 each which we think is crazy.. :o

Anybody can recommend where to find nice toilet accessories and mirrors? :unsure:

More HEADACHES...

We couldn't decide on how we want the tv console to be. I really don't like the idea of making a feature wall and a suspended console like most contemporary designs today, especially when the laminates are limited, we can't find any suitable one for the feature wall. :(

Choosing laminates for the carpentry works is really a headache..in the end, we decided to stick with the white theme and chose just these 2 laminates for all the carpentry works. The laminates are from Evershine. Not sure about the quality but read from the forum that it is one of the oldest laminate pioneers in Singapore? :o

wip_21.jpg

The one on the left is matte and the other is glossy. We will use the glossy one for kitchen cabinets since our kitchen floor tiles are matte. The matte one will be used to construct the rest (shoe rack, settee, study table, WIW) since our flooring is glossy.

Edited by littleones

saw your choice of sinks and taps ...what a coincidence..i had the same choice round basin with round base tap for MBR , square with square base tap for common...for mirrors can check out Asia excel they have very simple design think its critzo brand for less than $30 ;)

it depends if you need all the seven piece, den its ok to get it....for us we just buy the glass rack and toilet roll holder and bath towel holder.....as for our house we got the whole set and most taken out coz quite useless for us... ;)

Focus: our sink is not exactly facing the hall..there's a wall. it's clearer if you see the floor plan. any issues if it faces the hall?

Thanks, preciousjam! we may consider the accessories we need then. just that they keep saying that it's much cheaper to buy the set :P may i know where can i find Asia excel or Critzo brand?

Edited by littleones