Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
worldangel

Love Nest In Woodlands (admiralty)

Hi Worldangel

so u are a Woodlander. B4 married, i was staying @ Woodlands Circle & patronize the NTUC @ 888 plaza too. Nice plc & u have lots of shopping complexes nearby woh. So when u starting your reno journey?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Worldangel

so u are a Woodlander. B4 married, i was staying @ Woodlands Circle & patronize the NTUC @ 888 plaza too. Nice plc & u have lots of shopping complexes nearby woh. So when u starting your reno journey?

Helping my wife to reply :3

We still in midst of looking for IDs and contractors. 1st appointment on 17th July, so probably will decide on which ID/contractor to engage after the 1st appointment.

Now already in the beginning stages of reno journey le hehe. Been visiting furniture mall, ikea, courts etc over the past few weekends to take note on what and what not to get. :3

So far we have already approached 2 IDs and 2 contractors. Due to time constraint and both of us getting busier and busier with our jobs, I think we won't be looking for more. Actually still got another 2 contractors, namely Mr Yeak and Ah Soon, but both were too busy to take up our project so we are unable to consider them :(

The IDs are:

Lynn from Ideal House - latest quotation is 25k

Ben from Summit Design - latest quotation is 27k

The contractors:

Henry from ID Note - latest quotation is around 20k

Patrick from Ho Bee - latest quotation is around 23k, still waiting for the finalised one.

We have met up with all of them, all are pretty nice people but think we might not be able to select the IDs cos their quote is a bit on the high side, which is understandable given what they will do. So now considering between Henry and Patrick...will need to wait for the final quotation from Ho Bee before we can decide.

So far we have bought two items for our new house: a Getha mattress costing 2.4k and a platform bedframe from S&C Furniture in AMK for 900. Which exceeded our budget of 2k combined for both T_T

First appointment is this coming friday, pretty excited about it :D What do we need to pay during the first appointment? Can we pay our agent during the second appointment?

So far we have already approached 2 IDs and 2 contractors. Due to time constraint and both of us getting busier and busier with our jobs, I think we won't be looking for more. Actually still got another 2 contractors, namely Mr Yeak and Ah Soon, but both were too busy to take up our project so we are unable to consider them :(

The IDs are:

The contractors:

Patrick from Ho Bee - latest quotation is around 23k, still waiting for the finalised one.

We have met up with all of them, all are pretty nice people but think we might not be able to select the IDs cos their quote is a bit on the high side, which is understandable given what they will do. So now considering between Henry and Patrick...will need to wait for the final quotation from Ho Bee before we can decide.

So far we have bought two items for our new house: a Getha mattress costing 2.4k and a platform bedframe from S&C Furniture in AMK for 900. Which exceeded our budget of 2k combined for both T_T

First appointment is this coming friday, pretty excited about it :D What do we need to pay during the first appointment? Can we pay our agent during the second appointment?

Yes, by right commission should be pay only at the 2nd appt...after the whole sales transaction is over.

1st appointment dont have to pay for anything. It only the 2nd appt which u will need to get fire insurance, pay the existing owner for the town council fee(or some other fee) which he/she pay in advance that all. :)

The IDs are:

The contractors:

seem like henry give u a good price wor ...

mmm Please pay your agent during 2nd appt only. Some collect earlier then start to disappear and don't care towards the 2nd. So pay later better.

Yes, by right commission should be pay only at the 2nd appt...after the whole sales transaction is over.

1st appointment dont have to pay for anything. It only the 2nd appt which u will need to get fire insurance, pay the existing owner for the town council fee(or some other fee) which he/she pay in advance that all. :)

yea lor but that time i remember my agent did ask me to pay her by 1st appt then i agreed verbally, cos I blur blur and dunno when we are supposed to pay all this kinda fees...so if i pay her on 2nd appt wun be wrong rite?

1st appt need to pay for lawyer's fees rite? and stamp duties and watnots...but those can be deducted from cpf. What about the balance of the house payment if our loan + grant is not enough to cover the price of the house?

seem like henry give u a good price wor ...

Yup, his price is indeed attractive. What I am afraid is there might be some hidden cost. Did you experience that last time when you did reno with him?

mmm Please pay your agent during 2nd appt only. Some collect earlier then start to disappear and don't care towards the 2nd. So pay later better.

Yea, that's what my father in law said as well...I just hope my agent won't start to "change face" and ignore us once we have decided to pay her by 2nd appt...

yea lor but that time i remember my agent did ask me to pay her by 1st appt then i agreed verbally, cos I blur blur and dunno when we are supposed to pay all this kinda fees...so if i pay her on 2nd appt wun be wrong rite?

1st appt need to pay for lawyer's fees rite? and stamp duties and watnots...but those can be deducted from cpf. What about the balance of the house payment if our loan + grant is not enough to cover the price of the house?

if u need to pay cash for your house, then it will be during 1st appt(can someone confirm this?)

My suggestion is to stand frim on paying only after 2nd appt...cos it only when the sales is complete. Cos she is suppose to help u to chase for recitification for inspectation,help u to try n speed up 2nd appt if possible n etc. aybe cos i got a bad agent exprience...so that y i believe to play safe. :)

if u need to pay cash for your house, then it will be during 1st appt(can someone confirm this?)

My suggestion is to stand frim on paying only after 2nd appt...cos it only when the sales is complete. Cos she is suppose to help u to chase for recitification for inspectation,help u to try n speed up 2nd appt if possible n etc. aybe cos i got a bad agent exprience...so that y i believe to play safe. :)

Hmm ic...but how would we know how much grant we are getting? I mean me and my hubby are estimating we will get around 45k (living near parents + additional housing grant) but the grant is subject to approval rite? Cos we are only submitting our payslips and other documents during the first appt for the additional housing grant...or are we supposed to submit these documents before the first appt?

Hmm ic...but how would we know how much grant we are getting? I mean me and my hubby are estimating we will get around 45k (living near parents + additional housing grant) but the grant is subject to approval rite? Cos we are only submitting our payslips and other documents during the first appt for the additional housing grant...or are we supposed to submit these documents before the first appt?

the HDB officer will be asking u if u are applying it during 1st appt. He will be able to check if u are entitle de...most of the time if condition are met...then no issue de la. :)

the HDB officer will be asking u if u are applying it during 1st appt. He will be able to check if u are entitle de...most of the time if condition are met...then no issue de la. :)

ic..thanks for the clarifications :) Need to get ready lots of documents on Thursday before the appt on friday...

good luck ya...hope to see yr reno start soon. :)

Haha yea I also can't wait...but need to wait until early Oct before can start cos that's when I will get the keys to the house. But I think after first appt we should be engaging a feng shui master to take a look at the house and then finalise the selection of our contractor.