Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
forkie

==e Fork & Spoon ==d Lovely Drawer

green is a nice colour... retro with a soothing tinge.

We were cracking our head to find a color to match black top, white cabinets/wall tiles and grey floor. Then my wife suggested green which might be a good contrast.

Turns out pretty well actually :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks !

But deep is a problem too. I stretch in and really i am not able to stretch till the end.

Means so deep oso might have problem getting stuffs in future =/

aiyah just store things which you wouldn't be reaching often at the back lor.. like when you stock up on toilet paper and kitchen serviettes you pack from back to front so that there's some in front to take from. :) Then when you find yourself reaching in more means you have to stock up liao... :)

*sidetrack*

join FB group for RT? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104319597634

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by pinkpetter

The color looks ok to me too :)

Yah so far not much pple using Quartz as top, not very popular yet.

Thanks !

Price wise is similar to Granite. Which explain y not much pple getting Quartz stone top.

I have always thought that Quartz is much more expensive compared with Granite. I read somewhere that Quartz is harder than Granite so I assume that it will be more expensive than granite.

aiyah just store things which you wouldn't be reaching often at the back lor.. like when you stock up on toilet paper and kitchen serviettes you pack from back to front so that there's some in front to take from. :) Then when you find yourself reaching in more means you have to stock up liao... :)

*sidetrack*

join FB group for RT? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104319597634

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Okie dokie will remember this trick :P

Oh RT oso have FB ah ! Later i go join ba

I have always thought that Quartz is much more expensive compared with Granite. I read somewhere that Quartz is harder than Granite so I assume that it will be more expensive than granite.

Well.... true..... Quartz price is slightly more then Granite. But can fight until same price la hehehe.

As for hardness both are the same. I remember i read from a webbie that says so,

Here is the post and link :)

I found some good information about silestone at http://www.typesofcountertops.com/silestonecountertops.html

Hope it helps.

Edited by forkie

26 July

No work done on Sunday.

So I just drop over and snap some pictures and remembered I did not upload my wardrobe complete look.

MBR Wardrobe

3758076178_a079f80a98.jpg

Here it is. A simple wardrobe for MBR.

Interior

3758076588_594260f86c.jpg

The shelving layout.

26 July

No work done on Sunday.

So I just drop over and snap some pictures and remembered I did not upload my wardrobe complete look.

MBR Wardrobe

3758076178_a079f80a98.jpg

Here it is. A simple wardrobe for MBR.

Interior

3758076588_594260f86c.jpg

The shelving layout.

You change the door to glass?

You change the door to glass?

3751590263_e0f0b346e6.jpg

You mean this cabinet ?

Still negotiating with ID on this lol

Trying to convince her at least change top 2 into glass panels so i can make it into a display cabinet.

Sofa shopping.

Went Sofa shopping again on Saturday.

Been 2 mths and still my Lady and I can not agree on a sofa yet. :(

Being a bit lazy to go far like Furniture Mall, we drop by IFC again to hope for 2nd time lucky.

So here we go again, went to Mondi Studio and nearly sealed off the deal on sofa dining table and chairs. (my Lady love their retro chairs shaped like a S to bits)

Spent really a long time there but still end up no buying anything. :X

I still kinda worried since they are part of Winter and Red apple....

So went to IFC and browse around Living instinct, Lorenzo, Furniture club etc.

Furniture club have alot same items as Mondi ! Hmmm are them under same boss as well ?

The price is slightly more ex then Mondi so I kinda lazy to try for a bargain.

Ended up back in Cellini and ya.. Still contemplating on the Calypso series -_____-

Same thing the cost is $1799 alone unless i take the package which is $1998 either with dining or console bla bla.

So i quoted i heard they can mix and match other stuffs for package if i do not need console or mattress, they say can !

But eh.... after choosing here n there we couldnt find anything we want other then the sofa.

I told them in that case y not just sell me the Calypso series along with Ottoman stool and side table for $1998 then.

Was struggling hard with them to seal the deal as they keep insisting not able to do that. Best price was $2100.

So I kept sat there with my Lady and keep hinting them how can a stool and little wood table more expensive then a mattress and frame.

I am willingly to take stool for a mattress for the package leh ! How can the price still more ex. Eventually after a long negotiations I not sure if he is Matthew but he went make a call to his boss and finally seals the deal ahaha !

After that we bring our family upstairs for Lobster porridge for dinner to commemorate my another "victory" lol

Pretty good actually around $170 for 6pax and 2 kids.

Added Picture

3760592059_80773eb1c7.jpg

We got whole complete set with the ottoman stool and side table :)

Edited by forkie

Sofa shopping.

Went Sofa shopping again on Saturday.

Been 2 mths and still my Lady and I can not agree on a sofa yet. :(

Being a bit lazy to go far like Furniture Mall, we drop by IFC again to hope for 2nd time lucky.

So here we go again, went to Mondi Studio and nearly sealed off the deal on sofa dining table and chairs. (my Lady love their retro chairs shaped like a S to bits)

Spent really a long time there but still end up no buying anything. :X

I still kinda worried since they are part of Winter and Red apple....

So went to IFC and browse around Living instinct, Lorenzo, Furniture club etc.

Furniture club have alot same items as Mondi ! Hmmm are them under same boss as well ?

The price is slightly more ex then Mondi so I kinda lazy to try for a bargain.

Ended up back in Cellini and ya.. Still contemplating on the Calypso series -_____-

Same thing the cost is $1799 alone unless i take the package which is $1998 either with dining or console bla bla.

So i quoted i heard they can mix and match other stuffs for package if i do not need console or mattress, they say can !

But eh.... after choosing here n there we couldnt find anything we want other then the sofa.

I told them in that case y not just sell me the Calypso series along with Ottoman stool and side table for $1998 then.

Was struggling hard with them to seal the deal as they keep insisting not able to do that. Best price was $2100.

So I kept sat there with my Lady and keep hinting them how can a stool and little wood table more expensive then a mattress and frame.

I am willingly to take stool for a mattress for the package leh ! How can the price still more ex. Eventually after a long negotiations I not sure if he is Matthew but he went make a call to his boss and finally seals the deal ahaha !

After that we bring our family upstairs for Lobster porridge for dinner to commemorate my another "victory" lol

Pretty good actually around $170 for 6pax and 2 kids.

Sideline a bit. What did you have for $170 at the restaurant? Went to IFC a couple of times (although I stay at Simei) but didn't go into the restaurant. Want to have a big celeration after all the big headache and heartache for the renovation.

Sideline a bit. What did you have for $170 at the restaurant? Went to IFC a couple of times (although I stay at Simei) but didn't go into the restaurant. Want to have a big celeration after all the big headache and heartache for the renovation.

I took the Lobster porridge package $128 for 6 pax I think ?

Then add a chicken dish and some drinks so total up abt $170 :)

Considered pretty cheap for 6pax and really full after all the water in my tummy >___<

I cant hold liquid so not good in porridge, soup, drink n etc

Do you think we have the same [model of] toilet bowl?

DSC_00100010-4.jpg

Is not think but it is the same isnt it ? I have Baron 1pc White WC in my MBR toilet too lol

Some similarities in the wall tiles too

DSC_00110011-4.jpg

Well yah, I think our Ladies like such dark color tone ya ?

Yours chosen by ur lady too rite ?

I took the Lobster porridge package $128 for 6 pax I think ?

Then add a chicken dish and some drinks so total up abt $170 :)

Considered pretty cheap for 6pax and really full after all the water in my tummy >___<

I cant hold liquid so not good in porridge, soup, drink n etc

Is not think but it is the same isnt it ? I have Baron 1pc White WC in my MBR toilet too lol

Well yah, I think our Ladies like such dark color tone ya ?

Yours chosen by ur lady too rite ?

Ya lor, my wife picked most of the stuff and decided on the colours. I am quite easy so no problem at all.

If I pick something and turn out to be ugly, then I will get nagged.... hahaha

No update today?

Ya lor, my wife picked most of the stuff and decided on the colours. I am quite easy so no problem at all.

If I pick something and turn out to be ugly, then I will get nagged.... hahaha

No update today?

Ahaha ! I try to make decisions but along the way my Lady will step in if she dont like it.

So I am quite sympathetic with my ID coz she keep having a hard time on last min changes :X

No much job done today leh. So far only Showerscreen is up. Nothing fancy to take anyway.

Tried negotiate with ID on the living room cabinets but not really a success.

If to change 2 pc into glass, the door have to be changed and the shelvings inside will not really look nice as simple white laminate was used.

So if changing into glass display will need quite a number of changes which not cost effective =/

MBR toilet will have some changes as vanity cabinet really will cramp with the WC.

Not feasible. So thinking of scraping the idea and have basin place on the other side beside showerscreen.

No more cabinet but thinking a simple quartz irregular design ledge for the basin to sit on and no cabinets below.

Should be making a mirror cabinet with shelving behind instead.

28 July

Progress of start to slow down, not much work done these days.

Expecting tomorrow commence of Awning and once done, plastering, gypsum will come in to finish the job.

Currently only little electric work up.

Living

3764850371_02fbbb780c.jpg

Living down lights are installed. Only 4 corners of the false ceiling using Warm white.

Effect is pretty ok to me. Quite bright even if switch on these 4 down lights.

Dining area

3764850797_1f8c94fe91.jpg

Dining lights are up. looking pretty good :)

Edited by forkie