Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Supersimon27

Simon & Rachel Project

with the help of alan (my bro in law) , Jack (my bro), we finally set up my dinning table from harvey norman warehouse sale.

The table had park at my place for the last 1 moth going thru the whole renovation.

Ha

3603934192_4ab17b42d4.jpg

Zoom in

3603934260_3b0f96a227.jpg

Plastic cover for Discoco light remove

3603934312_e9d9910b4b.jpg

3603934366_09d756932a.jpg

This lighting is a version of artichoke lamp, nice...I got a replica of artichoke lamp..simply can't afford the real ones...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, very cool and nice kitchen.. i show my contractor this picture, suspended cabinet, he quoted me 13ft with top cabinet and the other end of kitchen

just the lower part, both side with solid surface, $4500 is it ex? Solid top charge me at $75 per ft...

beautifully done! Sob, for mine, I decided to do away cause my yishun unit has no government gas..actually I am still in a mini shock that there are still houses without government gas...even my mum's place at Tiong Bahru that is 30++years hve government gas! Sigh..and considering Yishun is a much younger estate compared to Tiong Bahru..still in my mini shock..

This lighting is a version of artichoke lamp, nice...I got a replica of artichoke lamp..simply can't afford the real ones...

Hi dugong6, Thanks for visiting my thread …. Been so long since the last Visitor … ha lol

Mine is not the version of artichoke lamp lah. Artichoke lamp is much more expensive, even the replica one. Personally I also like Artichoke lamp more , for the design and also it’s an Retro Icon. However my wife thinks likewise. Beside Artichoke is bigger and will be a bit over size to hang on top of my dinning table. We had a hard time looking for the perfect lamp (me prefer more fun shape kind of lamp while Rachel prefer crystal. In fact I’m quite surprise that she also like the “discoco lamp” when we saw it at lighting.com.sg . Without second thought I place a deposit before she changes her mind

Compare artichoke and Discoco side by side

2968045332_339d78b59e.jpg3603934312_e9d9910b4b.jpg

Hi SuperSimon...like what Henry did to your home. Understand he's not available until after CNY, which really works out for me. Can you pm me his details and I'll check with him his availability?

Thanks!

Hi SuperSimon...like what Henry did to your home. Understand he's not available until after CNY, which really works out for me. Can you pm me his details and I'll check with him his availability?

Thanks!

sure sure :)

Give me 5 min

Full view of my kitchen

3650035021_59c86b1441.jpg

3650835634_3c2a025eeb.jpg

Hi Simon,

I like your kitchen very much. In fact, I showed my ID pictures of your kitchen and told him I want a similar colour scheme, but he told me that glossy laminates, glossy white in particular, will appear uneven under reflected light. May I check with you if you have this problem with your kitchen cabinets?

Hi dugong6, Thanks for visiting my thread …. Been so long since the last Visitor … ha lol

Mine is not the version of artichoke lamp lah. Artichoke lamp is much more expensive, even the replica one. Personally I also like Artichoke lamp more , for the design and also it’s an Retro Icon. However my wife thinks likewise. Beside Artichoke is bigger and will be a bit over size to hang on top of my dinning table. We had a hard time looking for the perfect lamp (me prefer more fun shape kind of lamp while Rachel prefer crystal. In fact I’m quite surprise that she also like the “discoco lamp” when we saw it at lighting.com.sg . Without second thought I place a deposit before she changes her mind

Compare artichoke and Discoco side by side

2968045332_339d78b59e.jpg3603934312_e9d9910b4b.jpg

hey super....ermm...simon,

Ya it's been quite sometimes no talk to you bro.. :unsure: ..

these lights very chio... :dribble: ..whats the price huh ?

did you get it for your hse?

cheers!

:yamseng:

sure sure :)

Give me 5 min

Seriously bro, me & my wife are starting to be rather turn off by Henry incompetency,it might be due to his over-whelming work on hand or whatever excuses.We paid him good $ (not to mention his price is about the same elsewhere )to do up our house to our basic requirements (which we had discuss at length over a number of meetings over the months)without expecting fantastic results.What we received so far had been most disappointing judging by the way he handle our complains,displaying his enormous ego keep pushing responsibility in the most unapologetic tone - what annoys us most is his library of excuses which simply puts him in a faultless immunity state.

For those would be renovators,kindly re-visit my T-blog under all Update sections for details tomorrow... i ll be updating all the cockups 1 by 1 in details tonight for all to judge.For his incompetency, our confidence in his professionism has been completely shattered beyond repair.

We appreciate any constructive advices on our next course of actions based on current development.

Edited by kiven78

Hi simon, guess what... My sis, who is in the midst renovating her new house, showed me your kitchen cabinet & told me she loved the look. hahaha... Your kitchen can really put as showflat. :notti: Really cool! Nice color combin. dude! :)

Hi Simon,

I like your kitchen very much. In fact, I showed my ID pictures of your kitchen and told him I want a similar colour scheme, but he told me that glossy laminates, glossy white in particular, will appear uneven under reflected light. May I check with you if you have this problem with your kitchen cabinets?

Not really for my case . I believe it's more of the workmanship and material use. Heard formica laminated with 2mm can slove the warping issue :)

hey super....ermm...simon,

Ya it's been quite sometimes no talk to you bro.. :unsure: ..

these lights very chio... :dribble: ..whats the price huh ?

did you get it for your hse?

cheers!

:yamseng:

I got the one on the right - aka Discoco light. In fact the photo was taken by me lol . Got from lightings.com.sg . Not sure they still carry or not . Can check with Them :)

We appreciate any constructive advices on our next course of actions based on current development.

Bro , seriously I'm very sorry . Don't know what really happen . Will give Henry a call these 2 days to find out more for u and hope that he can give u a good explanation

Hi simon, guess what... My sis, who is in the midst renovating her new house, showed me your kitchen cabinet & told me she loved the look. hahaha... Your kitchen can really put as showflat. :notti: Really cool! Nice color combin. dude! :)

Thanks thanks ... so qiao .... ha . Hope that 1 day my friend (those who didn't visit my house b4) will show me my kithchen and told me nice ... phahahah

Ya, I went to Simon house b4 to see his kitchen.. it is indeed very beautiful.. :good:

But I guess the photo is nicer .... cos less the milk bottle / milk powder tin etc etc .... lol

simon is the light below the cabinet practical? will you ever use it? cos i can imagine switching on will just make the dust and dirt more obvious on the floor. haha

simon bro,dun take the blame for henry cos u r just trying to do him a favor i never blame u anyway cos its our decision to engage him after much deliberations ... and i understand errors are common in renovation considering the complexity of our project but the mistakes in question are simply caused due to his poor coordination / negligence judging by the fact that all these could be easily prevented by exercising due care...you know what bro,today when my wife called n query him about our concern on ways to resolve installation of roller blind (which he had once again overlooked and cited of ignorance ) now that he had done up our glass partition without leaving any allowance for our blinds...his reply was : i wasnt told about this before,this is your problem not mine - in the most nonchalant tone ,didnt even try to resolve our issue,even turned down our solution straight even though it is confirmed viable ...was utterly disappointed with his poor attitude dude :(

Edited by kiven78

simon is the light below the cabinet practical? will you ever use it? cos i can imagine switching on will just make the dust and dirt more obvious on the floor. haha

I usually switch on it when someone visit my place . And when I know pp visiting my place I will do a 1 round of mopping and cleaning …. So haven’t really see the dust due to the light yet. Ha lol

If u ask me , it’s not really very practical , but hor …. Nice lor …. So do lor … ha

simon bro,dun take the blame for henry cos u r just trying to do him a favor i never blame u anyway cos its our decision to engage him after much deliberations ... and i understand errors are common in renovation considering the complexity of our project but the mistakes in question are simply caused due to his poor coordination / negligence judging by the fact that all these could be easily prevented by exercising due care...you know what bro,today when my wife called n query him about our concern on ways to resolve installation of roller blind (which he had once again overlooked and cited of ignorance ) now that he had done up our glass partition without leaving any allowance for our blinds...his reply was : i wasnt told about this before,this is your problem not mine - in the most nonchalant tone ,didnt even try to resolve our issue,even turned down our solution straight even though it is confirmed viable ...was utterly disappointed with his poor attitude dude :(

Kiven is there some misunderstanding happening between Henry and you ? Cos from my understanding he never show me any attitude b4. But for your case, he's really at fault ...

I try to understand from him as a 3rd party ba. Maybe can find some information for U .