Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
m3lwan

Our New Home @ Strathmore

Carpentry is coming up!

I have hacked down the wall between bedroom 3 and my master bedroom and had converted my master bedroom to a WIW.

Entrance of the WIW

DSC05999.jpg

Walk-In-Wardrobe

DSC06001.jpg

DSC06004.jpg

DSC06002.jpg

Edited by m3lwan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ooh gorgeous lights, esp the second one. Loves the color when it is turned on! :D

Where did you get it? And how much?

We got all our lights at Chelsea lightings and the first time I saw those lights is at a shop in Geylang.

The quoted me $1k for it. I got the exact same light at Chelsea for only $400.

Shoe Cabinet. I like the side laminates a lot.

DSC06011.jpg

DSC06012.jpg

Cabinet to hide the Bomb Shelter. Still missing out on the black mirror which will be in by tomorrow.

DSC06005.jpg

Feature Wall which is also missing on the black mirrors

DSC06013.jpg

Switches from Choo Chiang and Installed by Inzen

We initally wanted to use white color but after much deliberation, we decided to try using silver color and also recommended by Choo Chiang to use spray paint to spray the backing. Things turned out pretty nice and satisfying. :D

DSC05936.jpg

DSC05945.jpg

LeGrandSilverSwitches.jpg

planning to get these switches too. mind pm me the prices?

and have you check with other places whether there is any silver backing? the info i got from legrand distributor is that as these switches are originally designed for conceal so it doesn't come with silver backing.

since you sprayed it yourself, have you tried whether the paint will come off easily? scared it will and in the long run it will look like sh!t.

and have you check with other places whether there is any silver backing? the info i got from legrand distributor is that as these switches are originally designed for conceal so it doesn't come with silver backing.

since you sprayed it yourself, have you tried whether the paint will come off easily? scared it will and in the long run it will look like sh!t.

I think the pricings are quite standard from Choo Chiang.

For the backings, I sprayed at least 4 layers to prevent them for peeling off. Hopefully they wont.

From what I understand from the electricians. There are silver backing available but they are actually more expensive than the switch itself. I got the original backings for lesser than 50cents.

Edited by m3lwan

We did the same thing too. We got our electrician to spray paint all the backing that will be exposed in the house.

I have forgotten the silver code but you can get it by calling legrand.

I think the pricings are quite standard from Choo Chiang.

For the backings, I sprayed at least 4 layers to prevent them for peeling off. Hopefully they wont.

From what I understand from the electricians. There are silver backing available but they are actually more expensive than the switch itself. I got the original backings for lesser than 50cents.

We did the same thing too. We got our electrician to spray paint all the backing that will be exposed in the house.

I have forgotten the silver code but you can get it by calling legrand.

i see.. thanks for the info guys! ;)

Congratulations on your new house, m3lwan. A nice layout, and the carpentry and furnishing are nice! :)

Thanks a lot! Now, I am eagerly waiting for the glass and mirrors to arrive so that it gives me a complete feel of whether we have got all the color combi correct.

How much did you pay for your WIW? That's a big one you have!

Hi worldangel,

I paid about $5k for the WIW. Total length for the 4 wardrobe is about 20ft.

My Washer and Dryer has arrived.

Got them at a great bargain from Everjoint. Must say Mr. Lee is really customer oriented and good.

Will post more pics when they are installed

Model of the washer: EWF 1082 (8kg with 1000rpm)

Model of the dryer: EDC 67150W (7kg condenser dryer)

DSC06053.jpg

My Washer and Dryer has arrived.

Got them at a great bargain from Everjoint. Must say Mr. Lee is really customer oriented and good.

Will post more pics when they are installed

Model of the washer: EWF 1082 (8kg with 1000rpm)

Model of the dryer: EDC 67150W (7kg condenser dryer)

DSC06053.jpg

dont mind asking how much u get them for?:) got address for Everjoint?

Edited by blue_diamond