Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Electrolux Front Load Washers And Dryers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@Fondue,

Thanks for your feedback, tips and info once again. I'll go check out more on the models you're using since so far its been pretty good for you. Will probably get an 8kg washer since we've got quite a fair bit of laundry at home. Agreed that the front vent model would be good. The model I was looking at needs a hose and I seriously have no idea where to divert the hose too in my rather soon-to-be cramped service balcony.

@Calderon

Yes, I saw the EWF1495 on offer at Harvey Norman too. I believe that model is exclusive to them. I haven't had the time to check out the Time Manager models as yet, but I should do during the week or perhaps over the weekend. I'll update the pricings accordingly once I've got them. :)

Hi,

I have bought Electrolux Washer model EWF-1074 - Time Manager and dryer model EDE-57160W. Items are yet to deliver till my house is ready.

Happened to pop by Euromark 2 nights ago as I was in the vicinity to check out the range of Electrolux Washers and Dryers. They've essentially got most of the current models on site and their staff were nice and patient enough to tend to my queries even though they were actually closing. They did some demo on the EWF1073, 1082 and 14491 and explained the functions well for simple understanding.

For a 7kg model, EWF1073's the model to get. Its essentially an updated version of EWF1074 with more Time Manager levels and using Jetspray.

EWF1082's got pretty much the same features as the 1073, except that its loading capacity is 8kg. The 8kg load, made-in-Italy EWF14991's considered the top tier model for the range with basically all the features including a tilted drum, drum light.

Prices-wise, EWF1082's going for $1,199 with free $160 Cold Storage Voucher while EFW14991's going for $1,599 with free $120 Cold Storage voucher.

For dryers, was recommended the EDE57160W 7kg load model which is going at $679 with free $80 Cold Storage voucher.

Edit: Forgot to add on earlier, I did ask them about EWF1495, they were saying that while its a good washer with many functions, its actually discontinued at the moment and replaced by the Time Manager models.

Edited by adrian_john

Hi, currently am also considering to get a dryer for my new place :)

- Anyone able to advise me if a vented dryer is suitable if my kitchen has adequate ventilation but the dryer will be quite a distance away from the window (about 5m away)?

- Can a dryer be used for all types of clothes (Such as those with No tumble dry) without damaging them?

I bought my washer (EWF1073) for $935 and dryer (EDE57160W) for $657 including free stacking kit at the last Electrolux sale. Both yet to be delivered.

Yesterday, while waiting for my son, I took a walk around the Mega Discount Store outlet at Katong Mall and was introduced to the Bosch range of washers and dryers. Bosch seems pretty decent as well - Their models have the teardrop and honeycomb drum thing that supposedly gentle on clothes.

Wonder how this compares to the Electrolux ones.

On the surface, with the kind of features and price for the Bosch washers, it is very attractive. The problem is that Bosch's 'teardrop' drim is nothing like the honeycomb by Miele. In fact its nowhere close. All you need to do is to put your hand into the drum and feel those 'teardrops'. It is edgy and not completely smooth as compared to the honeycomb! Which means when the machine starts to spin and tumble wash your clothes, it is going to be 'abusive'! Its not going to destroy the shirt or pants, but if you wash those regularly, its is going to affect the fabric.

I believe the 'teardrop' Bosch was created to compete with Miele. Feature wise, yes, it is very good. But the drum design is probably a mistake. Otherwise, why do you think those Bosch are price so competitively here when its supposed to cost much more when you do the currency conversion. :D

For front load, you cannot go wrong with Electrolux and the time manager models are excellent cuz now you can determine the time based on how dirty your clothings are. this will translate to energy and water saving in the long run. But if your budget permits, just go for the Miele honeycomb! cannot go wrong.

Just went to Harvey Norman sale at Expo today

Electrolux EWF10741 is selling at $699! Looks like a good deal.

Missed it. My friend recommended it. Anyway there are new models replacing it. So the price may drop. Gonna look out for this again.

hi ahhiong so far so good for this model?

i'm thinking of getting this model from HN...its 799 now.

feedback from anybody for this model much appreciated as well.

thks

Just went to Harvey Norman sale at Expo today

Electrolux EWF10741 is selling at $699! Looks like a good deal.

Hi

So far I remove my dryer machine to inside my back yard area.

I found the ventilation hose not enough long.

Do your know where can buy extension ventilation hose?

Thanks

Hello thx1138

I didn't buy EWF10741. Bought EWF1082 (8 kg) instead. So far so good for the last 2 weeks. But my washing machine 'vibrate' off its base when spinning at 1000 rpm!! Wonder what did I do wrong during the setup?