Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Electrolux Front Load Washers And Dryers

Do u need a dryer if so , then the miele honeycomb washer plus dryer combo is on offer now @ $3888(usually $6k plus for a set), plus a free vacuum from miele to boot. If not, then a gd bosch, electrolux won't be a bad idea too.

Hey Iapena,

I definitely need a dryer just in case we have extended runs of wet and cloudy weather, particularly for the place.

My current house is East/West facing, so I get perpetual sun, which is ideal for drying. But for the new place, the service balcony window is in an airwell of sorts, hence very little direct sun. I've never used a dryer in my life so this will be a first.

Thanks for the heads up on the promo! Wah, I tell you if my wife reads this post, I'll be dragged to the Miele showroom rightaway. :P

Does the promo apply at the Winsland House showroom .... Hmmm, wonder if I can shave off more of the cost if I don't take the vacuum since I've already got a Miele one already. ;)

BTW, does the Miele washer allow you to stop halfway to soak or let's say add more items?

Edited by adrian_john

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
$999 for the EWF1495 is very attractive considering the features offered.

Its hard to resist taking a punt.

Just be thorough checking pockets for coins and weigh the cost of any additional warranty if offered.

The next Electrolux with similar or better features would be the Made in Italy EWN14991, but that's selling for about $1900.

Yup, saw the EWN14991 too and thought it'd make a fantastic washer.

But even the salesperson was telling me that its not point spending so much when the EWF1495 will be good enough.

Hey Iapena,

I definitely need a dryer just in case we have extended runs of wet and cloudy weather, particularly for the place.

My current house is East/West facing, so I get perpetual sun, which is ideal for drying. But for the new place, the service balcony window is in an airwell of sorts, hence very little direct sun. I've never used a dryer in my life so this will be a first.

Thanks for the heads up on the promo! Wah, I tell you if my wife reads this post, I'll be dragged to the Miele showroom rightaway. :P

Does the promo apply at the Winsland House showroom .... Hmmm, wonder if I can shave off more of the cost if I don't take the vacuum since I've already got a Miele one already. ;)

BTW, does the Miele washer allow you to stop halfway to soak or let's say add more items?

Hi adrian, sorry for the late reply as I'm in a different time zone now.Yes I think the miele promo is available at the showroom. However If u want to get the best out of ur money, its best to head for a retail stores like Best denki or Harvey Norman, as Miele showroom is strictly no discount, no freebies. The biggest range for Mieles will be Ngee Ann city Best denki. They have additional 1% rebates plus freebies as well. Plus the free Miele vacuum worth $408, its a great deal, as the dryer that it provides is a condenser type so there is no hot air to vent. But be sure to get the right salesman, or else u will be like me, being served by inarticulate, ignorant salesmen who will try to convince u that the honeycomb promo is low-end models.. Cheers and gd luck!

Hey Iapena,

Sorry, forgot to inform u that all front-load washers not intended to be able to stop and add in clothes while washing. But if U just started washing, if the waterlevel has not reached the desired level whereby its unsafe to open the door, u still can do it.In any case, with the honeycomb drums, feel free to put in ur silks, cashmere, wives expensive lingerie in the washer. It guaranties will not spoil ur clothes. The salesman even dares me to put in a stalk of fresh roses in to wash!!

Sorry, forgot to inform u that all front-load washers not intended to be able to stop and add in clothes while washing. But if U just started washing, if the waterlevel has not reached the desired level whereby its unsafe to open the door, u still can do it.In any case, with the honeycomb drums, feel free to put in ur silks, cashmere, wives expensive lingerie in the washer. It guaranties will not spoil ur clothes. The salesman even dares me to put in a stalk of fresh roses in to wash!!

hi lapena, saw that ur an avid fan of miele :D

would love to see pictures of ur house!

btw did u try the roses? haha.. im wondering how the roses will turn out. ;)

hi lapena, saw that ur an avid fan of miele :D

would love to see pictures of ur house!

btw did u try the roses? haha.. im wondering how the roses will turn out. ;)

Haha I think after u spent a bomb on them, u must loved them!!Guiltily, I only owned the washer, dryer, vacs and oven. I love to have their dishwasher but there are only 2 persons in my house. I moved around too often to beautify it. But my aunt's place in melbourne has a whole kitchen full of mieles.

Haha the roses. Seriously, the thought never crossed my mind when i went marketing. Not a single rose available. Must keep this in mind.

@Iapena

Thanks for all the insights once again. Am pretty impressed about the part of the delicate handling of the laundry.

Yesterday, while waiting for my son, I took a walk around the Mega Discount Store outlet at Katong Mall and was introduced to the Bosch range of washers and dryers. Bosch seems pretty decent as well - Their models have the teardrop and honeycomb drum thing that supposedly gentle on clothes.

Wonder how this compares to the Electrolux ones.

Edited by adrian_john

@Iapena

Thanks for all the insights once again. Am pretty impressed about the part of the delicate handling of the laundry.

Yesterday, while waiting for my son, I took a walk around the Mega Discount Store outlet at Katong Mall and was introduced to the Bosch range of washers and dryers. Bosch seems pretty decent as well - Their models have the teardrop and honeycomb drum thing that supposedly gentle on clothes.

Wonder how this compares to the Electrolux ones.

Oh this is supposedly the higher end of bosch featuring the variosoft drums that are gentler on clothes. However I;m not sure of its effectiveness, even samsung came out a diamond drum.But even as manufacturers fought,only miele has the invention and patent to the honeycomb drums, till 2018.http://http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modul...le&sid=1410

However the particular bosch model is decent enough, made in Germany, 8kg and a gd rpm. If to decide or compare with the higher end electrolux which emphasises on jet-wash technology, its a tough call. See which features you prefer, that will be my call.

@Calderon

So far no feedback on it from local users as yet. But if you scroll upwards, there's some reviews from Australian users as provided by Cromodora.

I've been going through the website and thought that the Electrolux EWF1074 Time Manager seems not too bad too.

Anyone got feedback on this?

@Calderon

So far no feedback on it from local users as yet. But if you scroll upwards, there's some reviews from Australian users as provided by Cromodora.

I've been going through the website and thought that the Electrolux EWF1074 Time Manager seems not too bad too.

Anyone got feedback on this?

Hi adrian, this is the above average model that is slightly below 1k. I've been using electrolux for fifteen years, and they have served me well. 7kg is just nice for a queen size quilt. If for family, good to have 8kg. I recommend electrolux time manager range, because hubby and my job does not requires moving around hence clothes are not too soiled, cotton clothing on economy mode (time manager means option to choose each load duration) using cold water is 30 min, 20 min for synthetics. These are the 2 mode i used frequently. My old electrolux does not have time manager hence typically load will take at least an hour or more depend on fabric type and water temp. Problem with all frontload is foreign objects in the drum. For pants, skirts, Practise zipping and turning over inside out. For clothes with buttons and socks, put in laundry netbag. Get good quality netbag in various sizes. Get a,netbag with zip keeper when closed, this way it won't scratched you front loader glass door

Hi adrian, this is the above average model that is slightly below 1k. I've been using electrolux for fifteen years, and they have served me well. 7kg is just nice for a queen size quilt. If for family, good to have 8kg. I recommend electrolux time manager range, because hubby and my job does not requires moving around hence clothes are not too soiled, cotton clothing on economy mode (time manager means option to choose each load duration) using cold water is 30 min, 20 min for synthetics. These are the 2 mode i used frequently. My old electrolux does not have time manager hence typically load will take at least an hour or more depend on fabric type and water temp. Problem with all frontload is foreign objects in the drum. For pants, skirts, Practise zipping and turning over inside out. For clothes with buttons and socks, put in laundry netbag. Get good quality netbag in various sizes. Get a,netbag with zip keeper when closed, this way it won't scratched you front loader glass door

Hi Fondue,

Such a coincidence, I was intending to PM you regarding the above but your mailbox was full. Thanks for the tips.

Was wondering if I could ask you further on your review for your Electrolux Washer and Dryer so far?

Also, is your dryer a vented or condenser type? Do you need to put a hose out some window to let the air out?

Appreciate if you could share any more positive and negative feedback that you've experienced with them so far.

Thanks alot in advance!

sorry lotsa typo error in previous reply (no spell check on my mobile phone :P)

if you use a vented dryer, you need to think about the location. if it is situated near to the window or is in a well venitlated area, it should be ok.

usually the dryers have back or front vented outlet (for air to escape while your machine is at work drying the clothes).

ask the salesperson specifically for the front vented outlet option.

i strongly encourage to choose one with a vented outlet option on the front.

why? if the vented outlet used is at the back towards the wall, condensation will happen because it is not a well ventilated area obviously.

Vented dryer comes with a vented kit.

A vented kit allows you to pipe the vented outlet (front/back of the dryer) and run the tube/pipe towards the window. this is not required if your dryer has a front vented outlet and is near the window. anyhow, i think hdb flat won't allow you to run the pipe from the outlet to the outside window so the vented kit (standard given) won't be of any use.

Condenser is generally expensive and has no problems on location. Basically it can be place anywhere.

Both vented dryer and condenser needs to be maintained regularly.

For vented dryer - after your load you need to remove the lint on the filter (this filter is usually near the door and easily accessible)

For condenser - you need to clear the water in the tank which is a result of condensation or you can pump it out via an attached pipe to a drainage outlet.

I choose vented dryer in the end because my model's vented outlet option can be from the front and the dryer is 1.5 m away from the window. Test run the dryer for 2 months now, the vented air from the front outlet is warm and not hot at as i thought it would be, of course you have to open your windows when you use the dryer to prevent condensation in the laundry area.

My electricity bills did not surge with using vented dryer, about 80 bucks per month - on top of using the aircon in living room (abt 3 hours max) and mbr (8 hours max).

guess our choice on using inverter appliances pay off. :) or perhaps the 2 of us won't consume as much as a family typically does?

Hi Adrian,

I've read the reviews by Australian users, most of them complain about machine jam due to coins or other small object in the drums.

I'm considering this model because currently Harvey Norman sale this on $999.

@Fondue, thanks for the good tips on using netbag :)