Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Electrolux Front Load Washers And Dryers

Hi Everyone,

Am considering changing my current top-load washer to a front load washer and get a dryer as well for my new place.

Been looking around and so far, it seems that Electrolux and Bosch have pretty good bundle deals for the above, but somehow Electrolux seems to be the better/more popular choice amongst most people I know or have asked.

As such, I'd like to ask around for any feedback (both positive and negative) from existing users or Electrolux Washers and Dryers. All feedback is kindly appreciated. Or are there other brands worth considering?

Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Everyone,

Am considering changing my current top-load washer to a front load washer and get a dryer as well for my new place.

Been looking around and so far, it seems that Electrolux and Bosch have pretty good bundle deals for the above, but somehow Electrolux seems to be the better/more popular choice amongst most people I know or have asked.

As such, I'd like to ask around for any feedback (both positive and negative) from existing users or Electrolux Washers and Dryers. All feedback is kindly appreciated. Or are there other brands worth considering?

Thanks in advance.

I bought the 7kg time manager and dryer as well. Not sure hw good it is but I only decided on it after hearing good reviews from afew of my friends.

I hope it wun disappoint me.

And don't forget to compare price with Kong Tai @ Jurong West. They hv good pricing for Electrolux WM.

We have a electrolux washer and just bought a electrolux dryer recently.

If you have been using a top-load, then you will find that front load washers take a long time to wash.

Cannot compare bosch and electrolux since we never owned bosch before.. but electrolux is quieter compared to my previous whirlpool.

Hope this helps

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. The SGBrides thread is really comprehensive.

Seems that so Electrolux is quite a popular choice amongst users and Brandt is also not a bad brand to consider.

The model I'm looking at is the EWF1495 for the Washing Machine and EDE36150W for the Dryer.

There's an offer at $999 and $529 respectively for the above with $150 free Cold Storage vouchers.

Anyone has bought and used these models lately?

Hi Adrian

i am currently using Electrolux washer. I love it. It has time saving functions and therefore it actually help to save time and, of course, water. However, off-hand i cannot remember the model. It is definitely a good brand to consider.

Hi,

My personal opinion is that Electrolux has dropped from the first place to now second. Now most of them are made in Thailand and except the top end model.

For me I am considering Brandt 1080.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. The SGBrides thread is really comprehensive.

Seems that so Electrolux is quite a popular choice amongst users and Brandt is also not a bad brand to consider.

The model I'm looking at is the EWF1495 for the Washing Machine and EDE36150W for the Dryer.

There's an offer at $999 and $529 respectively for the above with $150 free Cold Storage vouchers.

Anyone has bought and used these models lately?

I bought the a different model of washer EWF8556 at $589, and the same model of dryer EDE36150W at $499, during the recent Electrolux warehouse sale at Toa Payoh (30/5/09). The items had yet to be delivered until my reno completed. They gave free stacking kit, as usual, when you buy washer and dryer. No free voucher though. So I think you have a good offer :)

Edited by bigcat

The model I'm looking at is the EWF1495 ...

Eleven pages of feedback from Aussie owners here.

The main concerns were:-

-coins/buttons may cause major damage.

-circuit board (just like the 'icer' experienced in the SingaporeBride link above)

Edited by cromodora

Well electrolux is still a gd mid range brand to consider, and it recently has a new range of washers out, with its famed jet wash technology, particularly 1 top range model that i checked out, (forgot the model but its made in italy with 1400rpm).Of course most of its models r made in thailand nowadays, due to need to suppress prices to maintain market share, n profitability. Huge conglomerates have to do this, especially if its listed with many shareholders. However i will avoid the low end models below $800.Seriously, u really cant get a decent front load washer below $1k these days. Gone are the days where a washer lasts more than 10 yrs, except miele probably. Bosch is also not bad, but it depends on models too, so choose carefully, pay attention to rpm, build structure.. I wld not choose Brandt, its virtually unheard of in europe, u cant even get a proper review of it, except in sg, where brandt asia is doing heavy marketing!Which explains its popularity here. I still maintain my doubts about asian front loads, with all its gimmicky features..Though some readers may disagree, its just my opinion. Anyway happy shopping for the GSS!! I still love my miele! :D

This is the opening quote from the independant repairman's forum on washer in uk, www.washerhelp.co.uk which i fully subscribe to..

What's wrong with the majority of washing machine manufacturers?

Ultimately, the obsession with supplying washing machines at ridiculously cheap prices has resulted in a plethora of virtually throwaway washing machines. These washing machines are noisy in operation, dance around the kitchen, and suffer long known about and totally unnecessary breakdowns.

I've seen mains cables and fill hoses get so short they don't even reach in many situations. Many washing machines now have basic time-locks which make a customer wait two minutes to open the door whereas before they had more sophisticated (and more expensive) systems that let the customer into the machine as soon as it stopped.

Over the last 30 years, I've seen many individual parts getting cheaper - but much poorer in quality. Dozens of metal parts have been replaced by plastic parts, and parts that used to be repaired if a minor fault occurred, now only come as complete items. The worst example of this is when a simple coil goes open circuit on a motor, or a bearing wears. The only option on many of the cheaper washing machines is to fit a whole new motor which costs nearly as much as the machine did in the first place. This, is one of the hidden costs of cheap washing machines.

In fact, many of these manufacturers now appear to rely heavily on the profit from supplying spare parts to make up the shortfall in profit from making the washing machines in the first place. If this is the case, then they don't have much incentive to improve the quality of some of the parts inside.

Of course, if quality was too poor, it could start to get counter-productive, so a suspicion is that many washing machine manufacturers keep their product just reliable enough to keep people buying, but unreliable enough to make lots of profit on the spares. Of course, this could just be an inevitable side effect of trying to keep prices artificially low as discussed here,

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

Cromodora and Iapena, the reviews and information are really extensive and well-balanced. Glad to hear your viewpoints on the overall picture of washing manufacturers too. And yes, it is a pity that nowadays, consumers are just subject to buying consumer goods which are not as lasting anf of good build quality as their predecessors before.

I love Miele stuff too as I have some of their stuff and am totally pleased with it as well as the very good after-sales service. Unfortunately, my budget's rather tight to get a washing machine that's almost $4K... which will mean sacrificing other things...

Cromodora and Iapena, the reviews and information are really extensive and well-balanced. Glad to hear your viewpoints on the overall picture of washing manufacturers too. And yes, it is a pity that nowadays, consumers are just subject to buying consumer goods which are not as lasting anf of good build quality as their predecessors before.

I love Miele stuff too as I have some of their stuff and am totally pleased with it as well as the very good after-sales service. Unfortunately, my budget's rather tight to get a washing machine that's almost $4K... which will mean sacrificing other things...

Do u need a dryer if so , then the miele honeycomb washer plus dryer combo is on offer now @ $3888(usually $6k plus for a set), plus a free vacuum from miele to boot. If not, then a gd bosch, electrolux won't be a bad idea too.

hi......... sorry if i sound silly but i need to know.......

why do we need a dryer on top of a washing machine?

dun the washing machine wash and spin dry your clothes?

sorry..... i had never done any landuary before and im getting my house soon.... so i need to know.... thanks so much

hi......... sorry if i sound silly but i need to know.......

why do we need a dryer on top of a washing machine?

dun the washing machine wash and spin dry your clothes?

sorry..... i had never done any landuary before and im getting my house soon.... so i need to know.... thanks so much

Normal washing machine spin dry is not totally dry. Still damp.

You must then hang dry on clothesline/bamboo poles or put in a dryer.

There is also a two in one machine called a washer/dryer.

After spin dry, the machine will operate as a tumble dryer.

However, the drying capacity is usually only half of the max. washing capacity.

Hang dry

Free

Sunshine is the best antibacterial

Can dry to a nice crisp

Tumble Dryer

Not subject to location relative to sun

Not subject to vagaries of weather

No colour fade due to sunlight

Edited by cromodora

$999 for the EWF1495 is very attractive considering the features offered.

Its hard to resist taking a punt.

Just be thorough checking pockets for coins and weigh the cost of any additional warranty if offered.

The next Electrolux with similar or better features would be the Made in Italy EWN14991, but that's selling for about $1900.