Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soxcotton

Black Color Flooring

Hi,

Is black color flooring for kitchen and bathrooms difficult to maintain?

As in, can see those dry up water marks on the floor tiles.

Thanks in advance! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I wont say difficult but it surely needs extra work. Dry up water marks are a sure thing if left unwiped on black flooring.

When using black floor tiles on shower area, soapsuds can accumulate and, if not wash properly, will leave stains.

If solid black colour will be obvious lor.

Use black granite, got pattern one.. ppl will admire the pattern instead of focus on the uncleanliness.

black flooring?? i would never hv this colour. black give me the impression of darkness, dirty feel n small space. i went for house viewing months back & happen to see 2 units with black flooring. one at the kitchen which i felt it's too dark & small (originally the space is already so small, black make it look even smaller). the other is whole flooring, goodness... this was bad. can't breath feeling when inside. there r so many other nice colour, why black?

Edited by Babyblue

Black and white flooring is always a great option if you are stumped and don't know what color scheme suits you best. It will be bold, but mostly unique in that it is not a color combination that is found throughout most homes. This flooring option on its own will make a statement but at the same time it will make your other decor stand out beautifully. This flooring type is for the bold homeowner. If you consider you decoration style as that of common, then this will probably be too radical for you. However, if you are looking for an intelligent look, bold clean appearance, and a one of a kind floor, then consider a flooring of this type.

bath vanity

modern bathroom vanity

shower enclosures

Black and white flooring is always a great option if you are stumped and don't know what color scheme suits you best. It will be bold, but mostly unique in that it is not a color combination that is found throughout most homes. This flooring option on its own will make a statement but at the same time it will make your other decor stand out beautifully. This flooring type is for the bold homeowner. If you consider you decoration style as that of common, then this will probably be too radical for you. However, if you are looking for an intelligent look, bold clean appearance, and a one of a kind floor, then consider a flooring of this type.

bath vanity

modern bathroom vanity

shower enclosures

When you say black and white flooring, what do you mean? Can you show some sample pics here if any?

I'm using black flooring for my MBR and Utility at my present house. As well as a dark brownish tiles for my MBR bathroom and kitchen. All of them are matt and textured, except for the kitchen which is non-textured and smooth. All tiles are Italian ones.

If you get those textured homogenous with running tones, its not too bad - Nice feel when walking and rarely get any dried water marks/stains. For the kitchen ones, you do see stains if liquids or anything sticky drops, but its quite easily wiped away so no worries.

Water marks are more prominent on those glossy tiles.

Consider using dark grey floor and wall tiles instead? Use black mosaic on wall to bring out the black theme instead. You can have a look at the pictures of our MBR toilet.

Hi,

Is black color flooring for kitchen and bathrooms difficult to maintain?

As in, can see those dry up water marks on the floor tiles.

Thanks in advance! :)

im on black floor for my kitchen and toilet.

its ok...no problems at all with maintenance...and i find it nice...no regrets... :D