Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
victor

Road Widening Line On Property Bought

Hi,

We found a road widening line on the BCA plan for our property bought, how to find out when the LTA will widen the road or ever widen it? Does it mean we cannot built anything on it? Like pool? How about the setback? Does it start from the boundary line or the road widening line? Quite pissed off with my lawyner, didnt mention anything about this Road widening line to us at all until our ID printed out the BCA drawings and discovered it. Lawyer referred by bank, so no choice as the bank paid for their service.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If u submit plan for redevelopment, road widening line will be the new boundary, and the remnant land alienated to the SLA. Whether they widen or not.. is irrelevant. A&A will still require u to comply with building setback but no alienation.

Building setback is taken from the boundary line. If got road widening line, that line is new boundary. And if the drain is not inline with neighbour drains, then also need to redo the boxed up drain.

My neigbour's house was affected by road widening and he has to shift his fence inward. Although the govt has not widened the road, all the houses that are along the road will have to shift inwards when they do reconstruction.

Just a general rule or two, regarding the road widening and set back required.

If you are buying a landed near main roads or facing main roads, then check for this requirement.

Alternatively, check if the front boundary lining of developed house and those undeveloped are not in line.

As a safe rule, buy regular land shaped houses and those within the landed neighbourhood away from main roads, gov facilites ( sub station etc).

Just a general rule or two, regarding the road widening and set back required.

If you are buying a landed near main roads or facing main roads, then check for this requirement.

Alternatively, check if the front boundary lining of developed house and those undeveloped are not in line.

As a safe rule, buy regular land shaped houses and those within the landed neighbourhood away from main roads, gov facilites ( sub station etc).

Thanks for all your replies, already checked with my lawyer, the BCA floor plan that we had is more than 20 years ago, the latest plan from my lawyer shown no such road widening line, hence no issue liao, many thanks....