Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I just got my keys at Blk 359A. Haven't started reno but will be soon. Check my blog at http://www.homeoftong.com/2008/02/14/my-new-house/ for some shocking photos! Terrible pipe leaking, but the town council fixed the problem in record time, the same morning I went to log the faults they sent the plumber down. I didn't notice till you say about the common toilet sink and bowl color, they are like beige color, not blue definitely!

Here are the photos I took.

commontoilet.jpgmastertoilet.jpg

So does peach toilet bowl and basin match well with blue tiles (same as ur pic)? Beige or peach colour better to match blue tiles?

Don't think is expensive. Who you get the quote from, or is it part of the package from your ID?

Maybe im quoted cheaper becuz i'm doing abt $30k worth of reno. My ID is IDEAL house.

So does peach toilet bowl and basin match well with blue tiles (same as ur pic)? Beige or peach colour better to match blue tiles?

I would rather have a blue toilet bowl and basin leh...maybe after a few years I will respray them...haha...

Maybe im quoted cheaper becuz i'm doing abt $30k worth of reno. My ID is IDEAL house.

Yeah...don't think can get this type of price if just doing balcony grille alone, even those 'direct factory' company.

i am also doing my reno with idea house. price also abt the same as you. =)

me gonna be doing the aircon piping for the house tmr and starting reno as well. :~

found 1 more leaking pipe after submitting defects list. gonna make another report again. :yamseng:

i am also doing my reno with idea house. price also abt the same as you. =)

me gonna be doing the aircon piping for the house tmr and starting reno as well. :~

found 1 more leaking pipe after submitting defects list. gonna make another report again. :yamseng:

blueturtle, are u going ahead with the reno before the defects had been rectified?

Wah, so many with IDEAL HOUSE? Heehee...

I also found more defects after submitting the last list. But the HDB Branch Office people are very nice, and will help me to resolve asap.

Only 1 thing where I have been pushed around. My electrical point outside the house the wires are dangling, since outside the house I call the town council, and the story goes like this.

Refer to STC, STC send someone down, say need to refer to PUB, STC refer to PUB water section, say electricity not them, so refer back to STC, STC refer to PUB again, PUB refer back to STC. STC send another one down, say will feedback to STC and shd refer to PUB. Also suggest to refer to HDB. Refer to HDB, HDB refer to STC, STC refer to Power Grid, who in turn refer to SP Services, SP say to refer back to STC, STC than say it's Power Grid's responsibility. Now still pending.

And now I have no electricity in my house, how to start reno?

blueturtle, are u going ahead with the reno before the defects had been rectified?

yes yes... blueturtle will proceed with the reno before they fix the defects... the TO say it's ok. =) so we are just going to go ahead with the reno. need to rush the house out fast before the big day... :dancingqueen:

yes yes... blueturtle will proceed with the reno before they fix the defects... the TO say it's ok. =) so we are just going to go ahead with the reno. need to rush the house out fast before the big day... :dancingqueen:

That's good for you. Congratulations. When's ya big day? The contractor told renopooh that not advisable to start reno before the rectification works are done wait got a lot of problems. Dunno what he meant by that.

So blueturtle, looking forward to your reno-blog soon eh? :dancingqueen:

Wah, so many with IDEAL HOUSE? Heehee...

I also found more defects after submitting the last list. But the HDB Branch Office people are very nice, and will help me to resolve asap.

Only 1 thing where I have been pushed around. My electrical point outside the house the wires are dangling, since outside the house I call the town council, and the story goes like this.

Refer to STC, STC send someone down, say need to refer to PUB, STC refer to PUB water section, say electricity not them, so refer back to STC, STC refer to PUB again, PUB refer back to STC. STC send another one down, say will feedback to STC and shd refer to PUB. Also suggest to refer to HDB. Refer to HDB, HDB refer to STC, STC refer to Power Grid, who in turn refer to SP Services, SP say to refer back to STC, STC than say it's Power Grid's responsibility. Now still pending.

And now I have no electricity in my house, how to start reno?

look like a long long story.. u settled on ur ID liao?? how are u gg to hide ur bomb shelter?? feature wall over it? or really gg to paint over it?

Wow kel... whats the outcome now? Has everything been settled?

My reno will start soon I guess. Waiting for the permit to hack my walls. :sport-smiley-004:

this is the condition of the unit when i first recvd the keys to open the unit.

my mbr toilet that comes with vanity top

2324939333_547e3ff2dd.jpg

mbr toilet with blue border flower tiles

2325757502_e31a7ac658.jpg

my common toilet (same blue border flower tiles as the mbr toilet)

2324935577_3709bf9e73.jpg

my kitchen with blue border tiles (this border looks vy beautiful)

2324945285_0a236223ea.jpg

my kitchen that leads to the service balcony

2324946975_c15fd9e419.jpg

Hi Leen

It is super blue.... The condition is pretty bad. I thought HDB replaced all the tiles?

Edited by arwena

hi arwena,

i think you are mistaken. i didn't say my unit got problem. in fact, all the tiles in the unit are in gd condition, the colours are well co-ordinated (i don't have a blue toilet and a pink toilet). all the toiletries are well covered up (i think they want to keep it in gd condition and from breeding mosquitoes). we only get the town council to help us check for white ants and pests but as we are at high floor, there are no problems for us. we didn't even need to change any tiles, do patch up or so. even our contractor also help us to inspect the whole unit's tiling works, those installed pipings and electrical cables and were also vy surprise that the condition is gd. after the renovation, our contractor also say he don't feel like leaving our flat coz vy comfy and cozy feel.

my blk is 468+, 5rm exec type, the round fan shape blks with blue full height windows and that's the theme of the blks there. when we renovated the hse, we adopt the seaside resort theme and after its finished, it looks and feel gd.

there are some photos from previous thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2257&st=160

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2257&st=320

now we living comfy in there for 4mths already :dunno: quiet, serene surrounding. the primary school next to the area wasn't noisy also. but during the daytime, if you go down to the blks with the nursery, you can hear the kids singing :dunno: they are so cute :D

Edited by leen