Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

hi arwena,

i think you are mistaken. i didn't say my unit got problem. in fact, all the tiles in the unit are in gd condition, the colours are well co-ordinated (i don't have a blue toilet and a pink toilet). all the toiletries are well covered up (i think they want to keep it in gd condition and from breeding mosquitoes). we only get the town council to help us check for white ants and pests but as we are at high floor, there are no problems for us. we didn't even need to change any tiles, do patch up or so. even our contractor also help us to inspect the whole unit's tiling works, those installed pipings and electrical cables and were also vy surprise that the condition is gd. after the renovation, our contractor also say he don't feel like leaving our flat coz vy comfy and cozy feel.

my blk is 468+, 5rm exec type, the round fan shape blks with blue full height windows and that's the theme of the blks there. when we renovated the hse, we adopt the seaside resort theme and after its finished, it looks and feel gd.

there are some photos from previous thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2257&st=160

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2257&st=320

now we living comfy in there for 4mths already :dunno: quiet, serene surrounding. the primary school next to the area wasn't noisy also. but during the daytime, if you go down to the blks with the nursery, you can hear the kids singing :P they are so cute :notti:

Haha, welcome back. I thought u MIA liao. PM u but ur inbox is full.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ROFL... my bad then Leen.

As I know that HDB actually re-tiled all units before handing keys. I noticed your floor tiles have dark patches & presumed they did not do your unit; hence posting of pics to show how bad. Was just getting in mood to sympathize :x

OoOOoo.. yours is the fan-shaped ones! Very unique outlay I must say. I saw some of the pics from the link you pasted. I must say, i love the full windows! Again, its blue haahaa... my fav colour nontheless. Changing my balcony doors to blue ones.

Edited by arwena

Haha, welcome back. I thought u MIA liao. PM u but ur inbox is full.

ya, the mailbox size here is ultra small... !! i had cleared the 'small box', you can pm me again :sport-smiley-004:

ROFL... my bad then Leen.

As I know that HDB actually re-tiled all units before handing keys. I noticed your floor tiles have dark patches & presumed they did not do your unit; hence posting of pics to show how bad. Was just getting in mood to sympathize :x

OoOOoo.. yours is the fan-shaped ones! Very unique outlay I must say. I saw some of the pics from the link you pasted. I must saw, i love the full windows! Again, its blue haahaa... my fav colour nontheless. Changing my balcony doors to blue ones.

the black patches are dirt. this unit was vacant for abt 5-6years so expect it to be dirty and also we walk in with our shoes.

basically, only get the town council to do pest checks and change of mailbox lock and window locks as these locks are rusty and cannot open and close properly. they get it done swiftly within 1 week of notice from us.

hdb didn't really do re-tile all hdb units unless the condition is real bad. and of course one have to be reasonable and cut down on wasted resources in this case of asking for re-tiling.

i guess we are lucky to get this unit in such gd condition. even my contractor cannot believe that it was built so long ago and was vacant for so long and the condition was still so gd.

we had remove the balcony sliding door to extend our living rm and so we can a vy long and big area where we would like to leave the space as empty as possible for kids to play and walk about.

becoz if we had the sliding balcony door, the space will be taken up and i have no use for a balcony as i had place my plants at the corridor already. and also if the balcony door is there, it kinda block out wind and light. to create a bigger space feeling, and also becoz my unit is long, we feel having bright light shining in will brighten up the whole unit and makes it more airy. but also its kinda of a waste to remove the sliding door and dispose off. and now the whole unit is quite windy so much that our window cannot open too wide, shiok but chilly when it gets too windy.

both my hb and me had done up our designs for the contractor and get him to look at it and comment if the design will work nicely and had them renovated accordingly. We had go all over SG to hunt and choose for furnitures, appliances, lightings, decor, kitchen and toilet accessories, etc.

and we had gotten a standalone hob with oven and i had made cakes with it already :jawdrop:

im used to these type of old fashion oven as i feel its vy much sturdy and can last for quite a while as during my stay at Oz, the old landlady had been using hers for ages but of coz she takes real gd care of it, like her baby and she makes plenty of things with that oven :sport-smiley-004:

this weekend going to make choc chip cookies and roast chicken :dunno:

Edited by leen

Oh.. I thought HDB re-tiled all units; being it vacant for more than 5-6years, it would have been a standard norm.

I have yet to shop around for furn or electrical items. Maybe will do so end of this month. My ID is targeting 25th April to hand over keys.

We did consider constructing windows & leveling the tiles to make the living area bigger. However, my only source of light in the day is the balcony. So we decided to replace the balcony sliding doors with foldable doors for more light entry. Cons - rainy days :s

I love to cook & bake too! Haahaa... Maybe can share tips & recipes.

Edited by arwena

look like a long long story.. u settled on ur ID liao?? how are u gg to hide ur bomb shelter?? feature wall over it? or really gg to paint over it?

I am doing quite min reno. Kitchen cabinet, master wardrobe, grilles, painting. These are the main things.

The bomb shelter initially want to put feature wall but realize the handle could be in the way. So one way is to remove the door, but that will be deem illegal. Painting is an option, but have to think of something nice and subtle.

Wow kel... whats the outcome now? Has everything been settled?

My reno will start soon I guess. Waiting for the permit to hack my walls. :notti:

Finally the ball roll back to STC than back to Power Grid who finally got SP Assets to come and connect and seal back for me. Phew, all settle just before the installation of my fans/lights/heater. Else dun know how to test! :P

Which walls are you hacking? Open concept kitchen? 'Integrated' master toilet? Super big master bedroom? Or ultra huge living room? :notti:

both my hb and me had done up our designs for the contractor and get him to look at it and comment if the design will work nicely and had them renovated accordingly. We had go all over SG to hunt and choose for furnitures, appliances, lightings, decor, kitchen and toilet accessories, etc.
I have yet to shop around for furn or electrical items. Maybe will do so end of this month. My ID is targeting 25th April to hand over keys.

Hunting for furnitures + lightings + appliances + accessories + etc....wow...I am glad I am at the tail end of it already (excluding those small small items which can slowly add). Running all over the island, so tiring, but at the same time exciting. :o

The bomb shelter initially want to put feature wall but realize the handle could be in the way. So one way is to remove the door, but that will be deem illegal. Painting is an option, but have to think of something nice and subtle.

Which walls are you hacking? Open concept kitchen? 'Integrated' master toilet? Super big master bedroom? Or ultra huge living room?

I will be doing a wall feature for my bomb shelter. I guess my ID will have to work on the handle issue :bleah:

I am combining the MBR & Study. The entrance to MBR will be constructed just next to the common bathroom. As you know our layout, even with hacking the shared wall, it is still a seperate space. Me & hb spend alot of our time with our PCs gaming. So we do not wish to be "seperated" if one decides to sleep & it also safekeep our personal documents within our room confines.

Say... Anyone else combined both MBR & study plus running on 1 a/c? I am intending to put the a/c next to the MBR bathroom wall. Worried that both rooms may not be cold considering the 2 spaces sharing 1 a/c.

I will be doing a wall feature for my bomb shelter. I guess my ID will have to work on the handle issue :rofl:

I am combining the MBR & Study. The entrance to MBR will be constructed just next to the common bathroom. As you know our layout, even with hacking the shared wall, it is still a seperate space. Me & hb spend alot of our time with our PCs gaming. So we do not wish to be "seperated" if one decides to sleep & it also safekeep our personal documents within our room confines.

Say... Anyone else combined both MBR & study plus running on 1 a/c? I am intending to put the a/c next to the MBR bathroom wall. Worried that both rooms may not be cold considering the 2 spaces sharing 1 a/c.

I do read a few forummers here combining MBR and Study. For me I need all the 4 rooms so no combining for me. In fact, if I can have 5 rooms even better. :)

Nice idea to make the MBR and study connected...for me the study will become the guest room and one of the bedroom will become the study as we've got lots of bookshelves and 3 study tables to put in. :bleah: so the original study is just too small for us.

You might want to consider a fancoil with a slightly bigger BTU to cool both rooms effectively. There are others who feel unnecessary but my own opinion is to go for something bigger.

You might want to consider a fancoil with a slightly bigger BTU to cool both rooms effectively. There are others who feel unnecessary but my own opinion is to go for something bigger.

My ID is recommending just that. Im getting 2 compressors: 1x12K BTU for MBR & 2x10K BTU for each of the other rooms.

Tomorrow we will be choosing our paint, material selection & sanitary :jawdrop:

I do read a few forummers here combining MBR and Study. For me I need all the 4 rooms so no combining for me. In fact, if I can have 5 rooms even better. :bangwall:

Nice idea to make the MBR and study connected...for me the study will become the guest room and one of the bedroom will become the study as we've got lots of bookshelves and 3 study tables to put in. :bangwall: so the original study is just too small for us.

ya, you are rite. its better to have a slightly oversize aircon rather than undersize. coz ppl will not complain abt being too cold but will complain abt being not cold enough since we are in tropical country

My ID is recommending just that. Im getting 2 compressors: 1x12K BTU for MBR & 2x10K BTU for each of the other rooms.

Tomorrow we will be choosing our paint, material selection & sanitary :notti:

Why must get 2 compressors leh? 1 cannot support meh? Unless you on 3 rooms at the same time, 1 compressor should comfortably support it.

Why must get 2 compressors leh? 1 cannot support meh? Unless you on 3 rooms at the same time, 1 compressor should comfortably support it.

I am afraid that my room will not be cold enough thats why I do not wish to share the compressor if all rooms are to on a/c at same time :notti:

Btw, anyone knows where I can get boxes for packing items in for moving?

I am afraid that my room will not be cold enough thats why I do not wish to share the compressor if all rooms are to on a/c at same time :notti:

Btw, anyone knows where I can get boxes for packing items in for moving?

You moving yourself? If getting movers I think they will supply. If not, must go around the neighbourhood and snatch from those auntie collecting cupboard box 8|

I will be doing a wall feature for my bomb shelter. I guess my ID will have to work on the handle issue :dunno:

any blog for us to see??

i guess u are staying in 35X++?? welcome to the neighbourhood..

any blog for us to see??

i guess u are staying in 35X++?? welcome to the neighbourhood..

From what I understand, want to see pix must be next month liao. :)

Hi Hi!

Ahh... I don't have any blog unfortunately. However, I will post some pictures up once my house is almost complete, which will be next month. Keltong got that right haahaa... !!

Just did my house shopping today. Bought lights, sanitary items, kitchen sink & cooker + hood.. zomg... i almost fainted at the amount spent even after lessing discounts given today. As keltong knows, I am a one-stop person. I do not have a habit to buy abit here & abit there. As such, I never compare prices. Just see what i like, point it out to sales staff & ring up the bill.

Next shopping stop will be electrical items & sofa + dining. Afterwhich, I will let my ID run the show till he pass me my keys :) I must be the easiest customer for my ID. I just point, he give me his views. If his views are good, I will nod, he will jot. Easy peasy.

Oh.. yep... I am staying at Blk 357B. You can come and visit once its done !!