Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
googocat

Melbourne, Australia

hello....

Need some advise on hotel accomodation in melbourne. This is my first time to Australia. I am planning a trip for my 2nd wedding anniversary in Oct....did some googling for hotels in melbourne. I have short-listed some hotels - Batman's Hills on Collins, Kingsgate, Jasper....can anyone provide me with some feedback on these hotels....any recommendations on other hotels are also welcome.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I can't help you with the hotels accommodation but i can help you with Melbourne's food, nightlife and shopping. Kingsgate, not near to Cityarea like Flinders or Swanston?

I can't help you with the hotels accommodation but i can help you with Melbourne's food, nightlife and shopping. Kingsgate, not near to Cityarea like Flinders or Swanston?

Hi

Good to know that u can help me on the food, nighlife and shopping. I have recently decided that maybe if i really want to go, i will pick Citigate Melbourne hotel. Its near Flinders.

But i noticed that the Aussie $ is gg up against the S$.......

Hi

Good to know that u can help me on the food, nighlife and shopping. I have recently decided that maybe if i really want to go, i will pick Citigate Melbourne hotel. Its near Flinders.

But i noticed that the Aussie $ is gg up against the S$.......

oh okie...if that hotel is near to Flinders, then its oh so convenient. but then so much food outlets and shopping are at flinders/swanston, so still all right. but 1 thing, i dun really like, its their shops closing very early. so you must wake up very early to sightsee and walk around. some major interests, include The Great Ocean road (Must Go!), Penguin Parade aka Phillip Island, healesveal and Yarra Valley.

hello....

Need some advise on hotel accomodation in melbourne. This is my first time to Australia. I am planning a trip for my 2nd wedding anniversary in Oct....did some googling for hotels in melbourne. I have short-listed some hotels - Batman's Hills on Collins, Kingsgate, Jasper....can anyone provide me with some feedback on these hotels....any recommendations on other hotels are also welcome.

cat - i've stayed at http://www.citylimits.com.au/

Small nice cosy place with relatively friendly service. It's nothing flashy but the location is good, quiet cause it's on a small street, but within walking distance to everything + there is the free tram just 1min walk away from the apartment.

If you are looking for a nice flashy place to celebrate 2nd wedding anniversary I wouldn't recommend it. If you just want a convenient, nice place with no frills at decent price, go for this one.

PS: I book my acco a wotif.com. They got pretty decent deals on hotels in aussie.

Good luck. Msg me if you need more help abt melb.

Hi, I lived in Melbourne for about 3 years, just a few years ago. When my relatives visited, I booked this serviced apartments called Quest Hero (http://www.questhero.com.au/). This is in the heart of the city.

Now, what I did was I bargained for a rock-bottom price on the phone, telling them I always referred friends whenever they visited Melbourne.

It was a cheaper alternative for my relatives because

1) there were more people staying together (about 5)

2) Hero charges better rates for longer stay (can be negotiated)

I've inspected those rooms, and even had friends who rented long-stay homes at Hero. These are premium-looking apartments with bedrooms, living rooms, and a kitchen. Depending on what you need.

You can find out more by giving them a call, I guess. It's been a long time since I was last in Melbourne. Check out their website for details.