Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Regulator For Crestar 56" Ceiling Fan

Hi, everybody. Anyone who has installed Crestar ceiling fan with regulator?

We've just bought a 56" Airwave one. The installation will probably take place within a week.

Must we use Crestar ceiling fan regulator? Is it possible to use third party ones like LeGrand etc?

Hubby found the one that came along with Crestar ugly tongue.gif

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, everybody. Anyone who has installed Crestar ceiling fan with regulator?

We've just bought a 56" Airwave one. The installation will probably take place within a week.

Must we use Crestar ceiling fan regulator? Is it possible to use third party ones like LeGrand etc?

Hubby found the one that came along with Crestar ugly tongue.gif

Thanks!

I'm using Franco fans (2 different models). Tried the clipsal regulator and it doesn't control the speed well. Legrand works perfectly. One of the fan comes by default a remote control - I had to remove the remote IC from the fan to be able to use the wall regulator.

Looks I am not the only one who finds the Crestar regulator butt ugly. The rest of the switches in my place are LeGrand silver, so to have a white regulator next to my nice nice switches will be odd. The shop I bought the fans from suggested spraying the regulator with the colour of the switches. One other alternative to buying new regulators.

hi thanks for suggestion. but doubt it works for us because the light switches will be located beside the fan regulator. they are all white in color and aren't concealed switches, so spraying them won't make much difference. :)

Sigh, ok, I just bought LeGrand regulators from Choo Chiang. Will update you guys if it works. But my electrician and Choo Chiang staff said it works.

Stay tuned guys!

Sigh, ok, I just bought LeGrand regulators from Choo Chiang. Will update you guys if it works. But my electrician and Choo Chiang staff said it works.

Stay tuned guys!

hi DKCH, we bought one from Choo Chiang last sat too! I asked one staff. she said must check with the fan manufacturer. The manager whom we bought the LeGrand doorbell wasn't around for me to ask. He's pretty well-informed and not bad at product knowledge.

but our installation won't happen until maybe a week or two later. We'll update too :)

hi, here's my update. we've installed LeGrand's Mallia range of 5-seed fan regulator (costs about $19) to work with our Crestar Airwave 56" ceiling fan. looks so much better than the crestar one :P

Speed 1-3 is rather weak, 4 is ok. But when we turn it up to 5, there is a pretty drastic change in the speed.

hubby commented that he'll probably use speed 4 or 5 when he's in the living room.

that's all for my update. hope this helps :)

Hi beany!

Got mine installed too. And they work! No issues at all. And you're right, the Mallia is much nicer than the white Crestar one. So, everyone. For Crestar fans, LeGrand regulators should not be a problem.

Btw, who wants to buy a Crestar regulator? :P

hi, here's my update. we've installed LeGrand's Mallia range of 5-seed fan regulator (costs about $19) to work with our Crestar Airwave 56" ceiling fan. looks so much better than the crestar one :P

Speed 1-3 is rather weak, 4 is ok. But when we turn it up to 5, there is a pretty drastic change in the speed.

hubby commented that he'll probably use speed 4 or 5 when he's in the living room.

that's all for my update. hope this helps :)

Hi beany, thanks for ur info, I went to buy 5sets of the LeGrand Mallia fan regulator!

havent installed yet though. hoping they works.

hehe... i got it abit cheaper at $16.50 each at Choo Chiang :D

Hi beany, thanks for ur info, I went to buy 5sets of the LeGrand Mallia fan regulator!

havent installed yet though. hoping they works.

hehe... i got it abit cheaper at $16.50 each at Choo Chiang :D

good for you, newnyew. welcome to the club haha

price from Choo Chiang should be the same, i probably remembered the price wrongly. I needed to factor in the $0.30 'housing' for the regulator since we aren't doing concealed switches.

good for you, newnyew. welcome to the club haha

price from Choo Chiang should be the same, i probably remembered the price wrongly. I needed to factor in the $0.30 'housing' for the regulator since we aren't doing concealed switches.

ah ok.. we went Choo Chiang today and spent $181 on switches. consider v cheap i think.

as u probably know what happen to my reno, im getting someone else to re-install all the switches for me!

will be spraying the cover but not yet think of the colour yet :)

can show me ur pic of the installed switch? kamsia u ;)

hi newnyew, here you go. ignore the unpainted area around the switches. That was the WIP pix.

IMG_0816.jpg

hubby probably won't spray the switches coz he's a lazy bum :D

hehe kamsia kamsia u.

yaya its the same one. i will be trying out the spray paints tmr. see which color nice.

will post when done!