Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gif012

Era Agent Alter Inventory List

Can anyone pls help me?

Recently I brought a house thru this agent from ERA (Zac). As part of the process, the seller, buyer and the agent will have a copy of the Inventory list (which is a 3-ply document) to indicate the fixtures for the house and also the brand for some of the fixtures.

However, few weeks later when the HDB guy inspect the house, he found out that the air-con are installed illegally. Hence, he instructed the owner to take it down. The owner, without informing me, he throw away the air con. However later when my agent ask me about some info, i was told about the incident. He try to put words in my mouth and say that I agreed that he can throw away the air con. So I ask for proof that I agreed with such action. Guess what he do??? He MODIFIED the INVENTORY LIST and he just initial on his copy and email it back to me. He put that "Inform Owner" "Owner Agreed"

I was so furious that I call ERA and demand an explaination for such unprofessional things to do. His manager, Liz told me that she will look into the matter. However after waiting for 1 week, I ask her for a status..... She SMS me back and say "Please work with Zac as he is your agent"

Again I call ERA twice to seek for help, as I do not wish to go round the circle to get a clarification from them. TILL NOW they totally ignore me.

Anyone know anyone from ERA or any department that can help me with this issue? Pls pls pls help

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

our sellers also had an compressor installed illegally, and had to remove it.

we didn't intend to use their aircon, so had them remove the aircon and mend the holes where they had the additional compressor removed. they also paid us a compensation of $900 for the mending of trunking. we had to sign a letter indicating our agreement.

have to communicate clearly to ur agent, and ensure he gives u the updated info as and when it happened.

do u have a copy of the original inventory list? maybe u can use that.

also, if the seller and yourself did not endorse that form, it can be deemed invalid. as far as i know, all documents pertaining to the house and rectifications done have to be signed by both seller and buyer.

hope u can resolve this soon.

Benny0811

Thanks for the feedback. Not as lucky as u to have them pay u back some money.

I do have the original copy of the inventory list. In fact the agent has been calling me a few times after the incident to take the inventory list back for amendment. I refuse to let him take back until I get a proper reply from ERA, which I have not been gettin any...

:angry:

as long as the form is not signed by both buyer and seller, it wun be "legitimate".

but having said that, suddenly remember that the inventory list which ERA uses is their in-house one. cos we actually questioned it during the final inspection of the house, and the agents told us tt the HDB default one is very simple, so they modify it and use their own in-house ones.

as far as hdb is concerned, illegal fittings have to be removed b4 the transaction can take place. so to hdb, as long as ur seller removes the aircon, all is fine and good with them.

if u were planning to re-use the aircon, u should pursue it with the seller's agent; but if u have an agent, get ur agent to go negotiate. it will put u in a better position

Though the form is an internal for ERA, but it should not be modified without proper signatures, right?

According to the seller agent and my agent (not sure any conspiracy involved), the aircon can no longer be used. Hence, it was discarded.

Really dunno how ERA can allow their agent to do such such things.... Anyone encounter such issue before? Can share your experience with me on how to deal with them? Who to report this issue to? HDB? But to which department?

1stly, do you want the air con??????

If not, then let it be lor. U also wanted to have a smooth transaction and somemore, owner throw away for you help you to save $$$.

Benny0811

Thanks for the feedback. Not as lucky as u to have them pay u back some money.

I do have the original copy of the inventory list. In fact the agent has been calling me a few times after the incident to take the inventory list back for amendment. I refuse to let him take back until I get a proper reply from ERA, which I have not been gettin any...

:angry:

Did you write in to ERA? cc their directors in the letters. Sometime their underlings can be problematics.

I do not agree with the agent action.

Did you write in to ERA? cc their directors in the letters. Sometime their underlings can be problematics.

I do not agree with the agent action.

I have not write to ERA as I am not sure who I should address them to as there are so many directors in the list.

1stly, do you want the air con??????

If not, then let it be lor. U also wanted to have a smooth transaction and somemore, owner throw away for you help you to save $$$.

So if I want the aircon what shld I do?

Actually I think even if you want the air-con, you can't since it was illegal in the first place, so under HDB rules it has to be removed. So on that account I don't think the seller did wrong. The wrong part is that the agent forged the part on you agreeing on some things. This can be quite serious because if you complain all the way, forgery is a criminal act so the agent will be jia lat. So it depends on what you want at the end of the day. I will not make things easy for the agent since I am someone who dislikes such behaviour. Get him to waive off your agent fees or lower it down, if not you will complain to HDB, ERA or even the police and things will get ugly for him. Such people need to be taught a lesson, else they will continue with such acts in the future.

Can anyone pls help me?

Recently I brought a house thru this agent from ERA (Zac). As part of the process, the seller, buyer and the agent will have a copy of the Inventory list (which is a 3-ply document) to indicate the fixtures for the house and also the brand for some of the fixtures.

However, few weeks later when the HDB guy inspect the house, he found out that the air-con are installed illegally. Hence, he instructed the owner to take it down. The owner, without informing me, he throw away the air con. However later when my agent ask me about some info, i was told about the incident. He try to put words in my mouth and say that I agreed that he can throw away the air con. So I ask for proof that I agreed with such action. Guess what he do??? He MODIFIED the INVENTORY LIST and he just initial on his copy and email it back to me. He put that "Inform Owner" "Owner Agreed"

I was so furious that I call ERA and demand an explaination for such unprofessional things to do. His manager, Liz told me that she will look into the matter. However after waiting for 1 week, I ask her for a status..... She SMS me back and say "Please work with Zac as he is your agent"

Again I call ERA twice to seek for help, as I do not wish to go round the circle to get a clarification from them. TILL NOW they totally ignore me.

Anyone know anyone from ERA or any department that can help me with this issue? Pls pls pls help

Thank you.

Like that also can? CUT agent's com ..... Call up ERA hotline and ask for the top management email address. Agents nowasday are getting from bad to worst. Even my seller agent also critised me for not agreed to the 2nd appointment inspection date which I am working till late night. They even threaten me that inspection if is not done , I cannot get the key. I told no problem with me , I reply them that I jus need to tell e HDB officer that I do not accept the unit as it does not meet my requirement , postpone the 2nd appointment date . After that she then agreed to my timing , 9pm. (pm very late meh ? See how terrible they are now . No customer service professionalism.

Edited by nobody

Actually I think even if you want the air-con, you can't since it was illegal in the first place, so under HDB rules it has to be removed. So on that account I don't think the seller did wrong.

If you buy a 2nd hand car and LTA says the windows are too dark and illegal, and the owner cannot sell it unless he removes it. Does it mean the owner can sell the car to you without windows??

It is stated in the inventory that the flat comes with aircon. If its illegally installed, then its the owner's responsibility to rectify it BUT there still must be aircon since that was what being agreed.

If you buy a 2nd hand car and LTA says the windows are too dark and illegal, and the owner cannot sell it unless he removes it. Does it mean the owner can sell the car to you without windows??

It is stated in the inventory that the flat comes with aircon. If its illegally installed, then its the owner's responsibility to rectify it BUT there still must be aircon since that was what being agreed.

I agree that it is the owner's responsibility to rectify it. But they can always say that whatever that was being sold have to comply to HDB rules. Just like if the owner for some reason signed the OTP when they can't actually sell the house yet (thus making the sale illegal), does it mean the owner still has to come out with a house somewhere to give it to the buyer? And also, what if the original air-con that was taken down is already an outdated model? And the buyer refused to take a new model that the seller install? This argument will never end. But the worst thing that happened is the forgery of an official document.

But since it has already been recorded in the inventory, it is fair to say that some form compensation be paid to the buyer for "losing" the air-con.

yes i agree with what the analogy you have given...on the spot!

Complain to HDB and ST forum

anyway below is the list of Division Directors

http://www.erasingapore.com/index.jsp?eContent=About/dd.jsp

I've emailed to era once abt one errant agent

till date, the directors also did not reply me

they still got the cheek to put 1st in services in their website hahahaha

seriously if nothing is done by the government to regulate property agents.....this will not improve