Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spearhawk

Jason Goh From U And B Design And Renovation

It's a long story. To cut it short, he did not deliver his promises and keep to his appts and deadlines. Very poor time management and lacking sincerity. If he already can't handle so many projects in the 1st place, don't keep accepting more projects. Sometimes, a busy contractor may not be a reliable contractor. I've learnt my lesson.

P.S. I'm in no way trying to malign anyone because I'm just stating the facts and hoping to provide info to potential customers so as to make a more informed decision.

Hi trustsome1, sorry I did not manage to do your project.

You take my quotation and take it apart to do only the cheap works and tell me you let other contractor(s) do the others.

I cannot meet your project requirements as it does not make sense for me to do it.

Not here to direct allegation or watsoever intentions.

Just my personal experience with this Jason Goh #1.

Had requested for quotation with him back then and I have to wait for 2 weeks before he emailed his quote. $ wise, it's not that attractive afterall. Very comparable to what others are offering too. Spoke to him once over the phone & he has boasted of able to handle 30 projects at one go. Worse still, he turned SIA pilot during our first appointment. Same case with that Ah Soon, never inform me when he can't make it.

At that instant, I know he is not for me. Sure real time pilot during reno progress if he is going to single handle so many projects at one go. So what if he gives me 10k below outside market price. Such lapses will surely jeopardise the quality.

I personally prefer more realistic and sincere contractor than those greedy and unethical contractor who uses a net to catch fishes.

To those reno seekers, my advise is to open your eyes bigger to judge one and not follow the herd blindly. Normally, the pioneer batch benefits most. Furthermore, no free lunch in this world. Overly cheap is not always the best route to go. Trade-offs may get beyond what we can swallow.

Just my 2c. :)

Sorry bluewater we did not work out, I really too busy with my ongoing projects.

I took too many projects for this period and i am trying to complete them with minimal delay.

Hope you have a good renovation contractor.

i have had a very very bad experience with Jason Goh of U&B Design. Should I even talk about it here? Quite unreliable...

Hi CDweller, can I check who is this?

Maybe you can reply to me via PM why you think I am unreliable.

I try to keep my quality and promise all the time, but it is unavoidable sometimes I fail to meet expectations.

Hope your renovations with Edmund from A-Decor is smooth.

How is it so far? Do be understanding if he misses deadline by 1-2 weeks, because it is not uncommon.

this is ah soon style.. u aware of ah soon problem?? they are brothers...

Sorry Seashell you had a very very bad experience with my brother ah soon.

I have split from him since mid 2009 because I cannot stand his work style as well.

At this moment, I myself am too tight trying to responsibly clear my commitments.

I will not follow my brother's path as it is not my nature.

Slight project delays, maybe, but DEFINITELY not more than 1 month!

sorry if i offended anyone on my comment.

it is just my opinion and comment.

FYI i my friend did go to jason so called sample house because they thought want to engage him,

but my fren say, he saw the permit was for early oct hacking, but until 2 weeks ago they go see the house,

it was partially done for tiling works... hows that for reliability??

Hi Samdolmat, this is not uncommon in renovations.

You will get this in most renovation projects.

Definitely disappointed by his "rubber time". We have arranged for furniture to be delivered but now have to postpone it because what was supposed to be 6 weeks of renovation became 7 weeks because hacking was not done in time despite pointing out to him when the hacking started that a section of wall was not hacked, so this dragged on for 1 week. Now my carpentry will only be completed another week later, meaning now renovation will drag into the 8th week.

We started renovation in late Oct hoping to move in before end of the year because based on estimation, renovation would have been completed by early Dec if everything was on schedule and even if we have to drag on for another week, we would still be ok. But from the looks of it now, I'm not even sure my house will be ready for handover by X'mas as there's still all that small things like touching up, mending etc, he has to do before he handover. This has caused us delay in moving in because right now we still can't set a date to move in, not knowing exactly when the renovation will be completed. And for all these, do you think he will compensate us in any way? We have been paying him on time so far for every payment and yet this is the kind of treatment we get.

From this experience, I am never going to engage a contractor again. We are not exactly paying very low price because we thought at least we may be assured of some quality but in the end we had to compromise on time. I know his son helps him to monitor the forum, you can go ahead and tell him that I am a very unhappy customer.

BigLady, sorry about this, project delays do happen.

I will try to complete your renovation project soon so you will have a happy christmas in your new home.

Hi all,

I met Jason before and he told me that he has almost 50 flats under renovated by him. Just wonder how he actually manage it if it is one man show?

when i read through this thread, someone mentioned about Jason's wife and Jason's project manager. Are they helping Jason to run on the projects? and is Jason handling projects on himself as well? or he is just doing the marketing side...... (basically, meeting potential client and discuss the quotation).

thanks.

Howeas, I do not have 50 projects going on. =P

My son and a helper help me out with email and quotations. I not material to stare at computer.

My wife and PM are helping me to run the projects.

I am also handling projects myself, on top of talking to clients and discuss quotations.

I am also involved in delivering the final touchups/rectifications for my projects as that is my expertise.

=============================================

Hello everyone,

This month is a crucial month for me and a lot of other contractors/IDs because a lot of people want their projects to be completed before Christmas/New Year/Chinese New Year.

Let me try and responsibly handover my current projects so that everyone can have a happy Christmas/New Year/Chinese New Year.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Jason, A thumbs up to you!

You have so far progressing my renovation on schedule and I am looking forward to moving the next stage.

To all forumers, I am just another forumers that did some search for a reliable and comfortable contractor to handle my reno, and eventually decided to work with Jason after speaking and visiting some of Jason's client houses. He is a person that value friendship and man of his words. So far, I am pleased with his team of workers even his hackers. They happen to hack into a conceal gas pipe but were quick to own up so that rectification work can be done. For now, I believe Jason is expediting to get all his projects completed b4 CNY, so if your reno schedule is after CNY, I am sure Jason will be more than happy to meet with you.

In about 3-4 weeks time, I believe my house will be almost close to completion and I will be happy to share with more forumers of Jason's work.

Great job, Jason and your team!

actually if you see the experience of ah soon customer, their reno will end up more ex than normal ID cos job not done and he mia.

cheap is not always good.

Actually, even after he ran away, the amount i pay is still about the same as ID. That is HOW much IDs overcharge us!!!!

Actually, even after he ran away, the amount i pay is still about the same as ID. That is HOW much IDs overcharge us!!!!

well, i guess the peace of mind in the reno and the experience does really make the money well spent then. no need to chase, no headache and no time wasted. dun think i pay that much though also for my id.

need to be quite brave to engage contractor hehe..not me.

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with sending out my quotations.

The main problem of slow response is that I have TOO many quotations to reply to.

I send out 50% of my quotations on time and the rest will delay 1-3 weeks.

But most of the people asking for quotations are not interested and only asking for quotations to test the market, which makes it bad for the real people who are interested in signing up with me. They may see the delay in quotations.

SO, if you are interested in signing up with me and I haven't reply to your quotation, please CALL me and chase me about it.

I cannot think of a better solution, sorry.

I have several clients having new renovation projects in PINNACLE @ DUXTON.

The get-key period from HDB should be in this month.

It will be easier for me to do your project and I can almost guarantee ontime delivery of your house because

1) My team will all be in the same area, no need to round around Singapore so much.

2) Same period of work, so my supplier can delivery tiles and construction material at one time - I less headache in coordinating.

3) I less headache, so I can concentrate on doing your home up faster.

4) You can find me there most of the time because I got more projects there.

Please CALL me about it if you are interested, because I am very interested in doing renovation projects there.

just to add my two cents worth

Jason currently is renovating my EM. He was the only one who was confident to get my EM ready for my marriage.

No other contractors nor IDs were willing to make such commitment.

For the past three weeks, Jason had been responsible in delegating tasks to his workers in my home, and I am very confident he will deliver his promise to do a temporarily handover this thurs.

About Ah Soon's monetary problems and how Jason is similar, I wish to state that Jason has done almost 80% work for my EM, and I have only paid him the initial payment. It's a terrible embarassment for me really, and I hope to pay him more before I go for my honeymoon :)

you can check out my t-blog. i will add pictures of the house soon.

jason, if you're reading this, my wife and I thank you for your marriage present. haha

just to add my two cents worth

Jason currently is renovating my EM. He was the only one who was confident to get my EM ready for my marriage.

No other contractors nor IDs were willing to make such commitment.

For the past three weeks, Jason had been responsible in delegating tasks to his workers in my home, and I am very confident he will deliver his promise to do a temporarily handover this thurs.

About Ah Soon's monetary problems and how Jason is similar, I wish to state that Jason has done almost 80% work for my EM, and I have only paid him the initial payment. It's a terrible embarassment for me really, and I hope to pay him more before I go for my honeymoon :)

you can check out my t-blog. i will add pictures of the house soon.

jason, if you're reading this, my wife and I thank you for your marriage present. haha

Thanks dsman, your feedback and the PAYMENT will be appreciated! Haha.

After the Ah Soon saga, I have some clients who are withholding the stage payment even though I have advanced their renovation stage and spent more than their initial payment to me.

It is making my job difficult as I am putting more of my own money into their projects, and making my own credit tight. Sigh.

I hope more of my customers will stand out and give their honest feedback about me. =)

Sorry Seashell you had a very very bad experience with my brother ah soon.

I have split from him since mid 2009 because I cannot stand his work style as well.

At this moment, I myself am too tight trying to responsibly clear my commitments.

I will not follow my brother's path as it is not my nature.

Slight project delays, maybe, but DEFINITELY not more than 1 month!

hi jgresponse

if u r ah soon brother, i was wondering if u could help us out.. i understand things may not be free but we need help... u should know by now ah soon owe so many houseowners money!!!!!!!!!!

my house, renovation started july until now. i already FULLY PAID him 2months ago but things still not done. i double paid my carpentry work by 40%! in total i overpaid him $XX,000.....i will spare the details how i overpaid him cus its a llooooong storrryyy.....

another thing i really wished u can help me is, electrician ah tan. ah tan claims he is working on ALOT of projects for you. he did my work halfway, he said ah soon never pay him ..in the later stage, he asked me to pay him a sum of money so that he can buy sockets n etc... (which i did).. now my carpentry is up and i need ah tan to come back to finish up..

but he seems didn't want to attend to me even tou i offered to pay him some money .... see, i really had a vvv bad time figuring out what wire is what when my carpenter ask me when they need to install the tv console... i know ah tan is vvvvvvv busy at your end, but i hope u can help me out by asking him to complete my house works...

i over paid ah soon alot of money and i know its very hard to recover liao...i duno if u can minimize our loses by assigning your workers to help us on our works...??

our trust is abused by ah soon and if not because my hubby treated him like a friend n believe him n lend him money n etc, otherwise we wouldn't have delayed until 6months... my hubby very 讲义气with him but was very badly played out :(:(

6months of chasing, i can't eat n sleep well!! my hard earned money gone down the drain :( i cried almost every night...!!

ah soon is ur brother.. i hope based on this, u can at least try to help him out...?

i am sorry if i disturbed your thread...i am sorry i know this is not so nice to post in your thread..but i see it in a way, if u could help us, it can also help you not so much badly affected by ah soon saga... (duno if u understand what i m trying to say...)

Edited by seashell

to be fair to jason, ah tan, the electrician previously engage by ah soon to do my house n also working for jason told me this:

jason dun have late HO problems,

dun have money problem (MOST IMPORTANT)

and pay worker on time..!!

he even asked me, why i never find jason to do...? i really regret. really regret ... cus i didn't know jason is ah soon brother...n he is so much better

Thanks dsman, your feedback and the PAYMENT will be appreciated! Haha.

After the Ah Soon saga, I have some clients who are withholding the stage payment even though I have advanced their renovation stage and spent more than their initial payment to me.

It is making my job difficult as I am putting more of my own money into their projects, and making my own credit tight. Sigh.

I hope more of my customers will stand out and give their honest feedback about me. =)

Jason, so far you have done GREAT! I am okay with delay for a day or 2 as it is common these days for a busy contractor like you, as long as I can move in by end of the year. A lot of time, your assurance are proven from your team of workers, very experience and provide good recommendation. You can be assured your payment will be promptly paid on time. As soon as my home is almost done, if some forumers are interested to checkout's Jason quality of work, I am happy to share my experience and house visiting. PM me around year end as you may see 90-100% of Jason's work.

Jason, so far you have done GREAT! I am okay with delay for a day or 2 as it is common these days for a busy contractor like you, as long as I can move in by end of the year. A lot of time, your assurance are proven from your team of workers, very experience and provide good recommendation. You can be assured your payment will be promptly paid on time. As soon as my home is almost done, if some forumers are interested to checkout's Jason quality of work, I am happy to share my experience and house visiting. PM me around year end as you may see 90-100% of Jason's work.

great to see you are confident of jason's work

hi jgresponse

if u r ah soon brother, i was wondering if u could help us out.. i understand things may not be free but we need help... u should know by now ah soon owe so many houseowners money!!!!!!!!!!

my house, renovation started july until now. i already FULLY PAID him 2months ago but things still not done. i double paid my carpentry work by 40%! in total i overpaid him $XX,000.....i will spare the details how i overpaid him cus its a llooooong storrryyy.....

another thing i really wished u can help me is, electrician ah tan. ah tan claims he is working on ALOT of projects for you. he did my work halfway, he said ah soon never pay him ..in the later stage, he asked me to pay him a sum of money so that he can buy sockets n etc... (which i did).. now my carpentry is up and i need ah tan to come back to finish up..

but he seems didn't want to attend to me even tou i offered to pay him some money .... see, i really had a vvv bad time figuring out what wire is what when my carpenter ask me when they need to install the tv console... i know ah tan is vvvvvvv busy at your end, but i hope u can help me out by asking him to complete my house works...

i over paid ah soon alot of money and i know its very hard to recover liao...i duno if u can minimize our loses by assigning your workers to help us on our works...??

our trust is abused by ah soon and if not because my hubby treated him like a friend n believe him n lend him money n etc, otherwise we wouldn't have delayed until 6months... my hubby very 讲义气with him but was very badly played out :(:(

6months of chasing, i can't eat n sleep well!! my hard earned money gone down the drain :( i cried almost every night...!!

ah soon is ur brother.. i hope based on this, u can at least try to help him out...?

i am sorry if i disturbed your thread...i am sorry i know this is not so nice to post in your thread..but i see it in a way, if u could help us, it can also help you not so much badly affected by ah soon saga... (duno if u understand what i m trying to say...)

Hi Seashell, your inbox is full.

My hands are tied as I am handing over several more homes this 1-2 weeks.

BUT PM me your phone number and name, I will see what I can help you with, if you can wait a bit more.

To be fair, I am having a lot of problem with Ah Soon.

When I split from him, he owed me a lot of pay as well, and tried to prevent me from doing my own renovations by talking bad to suppliers about me.

Now all his customers are calling me saying I am his brother and maybe can help.

I seriously don't want anything to do with him.

But you are in a very bad situation and I see what I can do.

No promise though, because I don't want to break my promises like someone.

well, i guess the peace of mind in the reno and the experience does really make the money well spent then. no need to chase, no headache and no time wasted. dun think i pay that much though also for my id.

need to be quite brave to engage contractor hehe..not me.

You will be surprised by how much your ID earned from your project.

I think I have learnt many things from this saga and I would never gotten so much drama, and knowledge if I had been lazy and just employed an ID to do everything for me.