Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

My Dream House :)

Finally, this is my floor plan of my dreamhouse... it has the worst layout one can ever imagine... alot of wastage and weird odd corners.. this house is just 9yrs old, i really wonder why the designers nowadays can design a house to be in such a layout..

Anyway, I already bought the house -- so I got to crack my brains to revamp it....

I have restructured most areas and alot of hacking works to be done... I went to many many IDs (30 plus) to quote me. Quotes were as high as $70K. Averagely also quoted me $50K. Finding a house is not easy, renovating ain't easy either. It really wasn't, I am sure those who gone through it would know what I mean...

During the quotation stage, it was really tough. Even went to source for direct quotes from tilers, plumbers, eletrician and etc... Well, can't save much...

Here's the original floor plan:

floor%20plan.JPG

Here's the MODIFIED floor plan -- modify n modify n modify at least until version 10 liao... :P

modify.jpg

Things to do:

1)Masonary

All floor & wall tiles in the whole house hack & replaced with homo tiles

Alteration of toilet entrance

Construct a new room

Hack kitchen walls to create open concept

2) Plubming-Whole house piping including hot water point for 2 toilet

3) Painting

4) Plastering for wall affected with hacking / building a new room

5) Almost whole house false-ceilings / LBOX (Living/dining, 3 bedrooms, 2 toilets and kitchen)

6) Change whole house iron grilles

7) Install alot of new lighting points

8) Full height feature wall with TV console for living & master room

9) Full height bedhead for master room

10) Walk in wardrobe

11) Change Bedroom doors to veneer

12) Install glass sliding door @ kitchen and shower screen for 2 toilets

13) Vanity cabinet c/w mirror with storage and light pelmet

14) Kitchen cabinet

15) Shoe cabinet..

The list goes on with several minor items... The damages have yet to be confirmed ^_^ :paint:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi new! surprised to see u still awake at this hour!

yeah actually alot of ID ask me this question - is the room necessary n will my walkway look small...?? even got one ID wanna quarrel with me liao... haha..

originally, that place is to let people have dinner.. but i jus feel it is really a waste of space + not enough light + no wind to eat there.. not comfy..

when uncle make my room, he measure for me to make the walkway to have at least 1.2m -- the result, walkway still ok.. (update pic later)

my house is really ugly layout -- it is a big challenge for me but i most welcome suggestions!

Edited by seashell

eh, u mean ur reno halfway thru already?

yeah, been taken onto a roller coaster... very hope all these will end soon... -_-

haiz, i understand u sooooo well...

i started my reno on 23june.

i also hope all will be done next week.

u know what, i started around 25 July... till date, only 80% tiling work done... haiz... i am very tired n stressed out... chase chase chase until i feel like a fool :(

The tiles i used for my common toilet is very sensitive to cement... halfway tru, the tiles got stain and now still trying to remove the stains. uncle was told by the tileshop sure can remove... i am keeping fingers crossed. cus the wall tiles cost $15psf!

Edited by seashell

so meaning no carpentry yet la?

did he say why he drag so long?

imagine i still have quite alot of outstanding items... i am going to chase again tommorrow.. imagine 7mth he still can be soo busy...