Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

BTW not sure if other ID charges GST, but a few including Homely do not charget GST.

So far the progress is ok, at least everyday I can see somethings were done.

Anyway, should the tilers put the cupboard sheet once they have put the tiles? Cuz they didnt do so in our bathroom.. Also the tilers.. dunno brainless or what.. i dont mind if some tiles are slightly chipped at the corner (probably during transport?), but they should not put them in the middle of the wall, so ugly.. probably to the one corner, or somewhere that will be ultimately be hidden)..

Our 600x600mm glazed homo tiles came with packaging labelled "unglazed".. confronted the ID, who then checked with shop.. they said the chinese supplier often anyhow use the packaging boxes.. not sure whether to trust them or not !!

sorry, was out town past few days....

the GST hike to making everyone rushing ard..... guess it a good opportunity for those retailers and service providers tt charge GST.... a booster to their sales....

cupboard sheets huh.... i think they do not lay them cos the tiling work is gg on.... did you check with your ID? wat has she got to say? if not wrong they will do the grout (i tink tt the correct spelling) when the tiling is done so when the those little edge chips will be covered. Is the chip v bad? Did you get them to change?

wat is diff between the glazed & unglazed tiles huh? :furious:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
sorry, was out town past few days....

the GST hike to making everyone rushing ard..... guess it a good opportunity for those retailers and service providers tt charge GST.... a booster to their sales....

cupboard sheets huh.... i think they do not lay them cos the tiling work is gg on.... did you check with your ID? wat has she got to say? if not wrong they will do the grout (i tink tt the correct spelling) when the tiling is done so when the those little edge chips will be covered. Is the chip v bad? Did you get them to change?

wat is diff between the glazed & unglazed tiles huh? :rofl:

so far things are ok.. they lay sort of protection layer over our tiles in the living and dining area after filling the grout.. couldnt check the quality of the grouting except those uncovered side areas, which look ok. The tilers pretty good, got checked which tile sound hollow, and take them out and re-lay them.

the chips, not that bad, small little ones at the corners, which looks ok after grouting.. although there are some big ones on our kitchen floor tiles.. gonna inform our ID after a thorough inspection.

to my understanding, glazed means a layer of harden protection that help the tile to be more scratch resistant.. which isnt easy to see the diff unless you try scratching with a hard object :unsure:

the delay in my wall hacking approval is pushing my handover by a week :D

who is ya ID? ours is Amy, and she had been very attentive to our needs and questions.

so far things are ok.. they lay sort of protection layer over our tiles in the living and dining area after filling the grout.. couldnt check the quality of the grouting except those uncovered side areas, which look ok. The tilers pretty good, got checked which tile sound hollow, and take them out and re-lay them.

the chips, not that bad, small little ones at the corners, which looks ok after grouting.. although there are some big ones on our kitchen floor tiles.. gonna inform our ID after a thorough inspection.

to my understanding, glazed means a layer of harden protection that help the tile to be more scratch resistant.. which isnt easy to see the diff unless you try scratching with a hard object :)

the delay in my wall hacking approval is pushing my handover by a week :bow:

who is ya ID? ours is Amy, and she had been very attentive to our needs and questions.

tt's assuring to hear.... tilers sound pretty on.... hope I'll get the same ones for my place.

anyway, checked with my ID (Doreen) tis morning (typical sporean - KS) :good: on the chips....was advised sometimes due to the cutting of tiles so abit of jaggered edges bound to hv but should not be too bad...

oic...... U verify with the tile supplier on the glazed/unglazed matter? Wat say them?

aiyo.... very major work huh? U still gg to hack the wall? how long will the wait be?

my ID is Doreen, so far ok, no complaints...... gg "shopping" tis wkend for sanitary wares..... u got yours alredi? Where did yr ID bring U? Cheap or not?

tt's assuring to hear.... tilers sound pretty on.... hope I'll get the same ones for my place.

anyway, checked with my ID (Doreen) tis morning (typical sporean - KS) ;) on the chips....was advised sometimes due to the cutting of tiles so abit of jaggered edges bound to hv but should not be too bad...

oic...... U verify with the tile supplier on the glazed/unglazed matter? Wat say them?

aiyo.... very major work huh? U still gg to hack the wall? how long will the wait be?

my ID is Doreen, so far ok, no complaints...... gg "shopping" tis wkend for sanitary wares..... u got yours alredi? Where did yr ID bring U? Cheap or not?

We went to look for ourselves, visited Poh Joo, Universal Union and Hoe Kee. Bought from UU and HK half half of the wares.. I find the pricing in HK is more transparent, while the others are typically very much "marked up", so you need to negotiate for discount.. if you do not bring ID, think can ask for more discount, as they do not need to "reward" ya ID (commission).

Bought the accessories mostly from HK as they have more range and better priced, as well as our MBR glass bowl basin, Blanco kitchen sink + taps. From UU we got our bathtub, rain shower systems, storage heater, cooker hob/hood, CBR basin, and 2 WC.

We went to look for ourselves, visited Poh Joo, Universal Union and Hoe Kee. Bought from UU and HK half half of the wares.. I find the pricing in HK is more transparent, while the others are typically very much "marked up", so you need to negotiate for discount.. if you do not bring ID, think can ask for more discount, as they do not need to "reward" ya ID (commission).

Bought the accessories mostly from HK as they have more range and better priced, as well as our MBR glass bowl basin, Blanco kitchen sink + taps. From UU we got our bathtub, rain shower systems, storage heater, cooker hob/hood, CBR basin, and 2 WC.

hi,

how's yr reno gg? almost completion? got pix to share?

was bz shopping for all the stuffs.... so tiring....

ya.... hv yr ID changed the tiles that was chipped?

hi,

how's yr reno gg? almost completion? got pix to share?

was bz shopping for all the stuffs.... so tiring....

ya.... hv yr ID changed the tiles that was chipped?

Hi charlene this is tootee lit sis, who is charged with putting up fotos !!

Its been a month and we'r only half-way done :sport-smiley-003:

You can visit my blog for the pix Of Den and Hatches.

Hi charlene this is tootee lit sis, who is charged with putting up fotos :dunno:

Its been a month and we'r only half-way done :thumbs up:

You can visit my blog for the pix Of Den and Hatches.

Hi Bubsbunny,

Visited yr blog....is the laminate tt badly done? Saw the one done up @ my buddy place ok leh. Also done by the Homely Image- she din do much of other reno stuff though. Did yr ID do anything abt it?

My place is doing quite ok so far.... little quiries here and there but sorted out with my ID. Initially was a bit shocked when I went up on the daily inspection cos things are not done in the way tt i thot it will be but ID assured me that everything turn out well when the men complete the job... Was skeptical initially but seems like things are not as bad as I thot....maybe she's right..... Tink the reno and shopping and all those planning for wedding is stressing me out.... get very edgy and picky easily....

Any comment/feedbacks on Homely Image?
?

hey hey hey! did u shortlist em? Any1 engage em as their renovator?

Been visiting close to 20 id no. but seem like their carpentry wrks are soso only wor... :rolleyes:

?

hey hey hey! did u shortlist em? Any1 engage em as their renovator?

Been visiting close to 20 id no. but seem like their carpentry wrks are soso only wor... :rolleyes:

so far their quote is the lowest, my others reno quote are fr Ideal Design and . and others not so haven't seen any of their work yet. So u think Homely workmanship is so-so eh, carpentry or mansory? Can PM me more yur comments?

so far their quote is the lowest, my others reno quote are fr Ideal Design and . and others not so haven't seen any of their work yet. So u think Homely workmanship is so-so eh, carpentry or mansory? Can PM me more yur comments?

I have just finished the renovation about two weeks ago. I must said that Homely Image provide great ideas and also very competitive quote. Their workmanship is fanstastic. They even met my target of renovating my unit in 2 and 1/2 weeks time(no hacking involved). You must try them. ^^

I have just finished the renovation about two weeks ago. I must said that Homely Image provide great ideas and also very competitive quote. Their workmanship is fanstastic. They even met my target of renovating my unit in 2 and 1/2 weeks time(no hacking involved). You must try them. ^^

wow...that's very heartening to hear....can u post up some pics of ur house? I am quite particular about workmanship and also quotations, hence trying to strike a balance between these 2 factors..and wat u just mentioned just made Homely Image highly desirable on my list.....thanks in advance :)

Guest poetsdesign
wow...that's very heartening to hear....can u post up some pics of ur house? I am quite particular about workmanship and also quotations, hence trying to strike a balance between these 2 factors..and wat u just mentioned just made Homely Image highly desirable on my list.....thanks in advance :)

Can you send me the picture? I want to see it