Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adryz

Appealing To Buy Resale Flat Outof Area

Hi all,

Pls pardon my english..

have tis situation now..currently my flat was bought near my mil(bedok) & got grant of 40k..i got approval to sell before the 5 yr term from hdb this june...but never say i need to buy near mil again..so i call up hbd to ask if i need to do so as i have yet to complete the 5 yr term as i wish to buy at another area..he say ok to buy other area..

my stupid mistake is not asking hdb to give me in writing..so when i submit my application to buy a flat outside bedok, it was rejected :( ...

i was told to appeal but my seller cant wait...and my 1st appointment for selling of my current flat is confirm..

wat to do??

pls help :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i just found out on Tues tat the application was rejected...to see MP i have to wait 4 next tues...(meet the session)

Have email HDB, call but they say will take about 1 week to reply...Nothing i can do to expedite???

If they take their own sweet time, then i will be temporary homeless..as my selling have been processed...

if they reject more worse..i need to pay penalty to the bank for loan cancellation :(

i just found out on Tues tat the application was rejected...to see MP i have to wait 4 next tues...(meet the session)

Have email HDB, call but they say will take about 1 week to reply...Nothing i can do to expedite???

If they take their own sweet time, then i will be temporary homeless..as my selling have been processed...

if they reject more worse..i need to pay penalty to the bank for loan cancellation :(

How about telling hdb that you will return the 40K grant + cpf interest back to them?

just an update..my otp has expire & now just got a lawyer letter from my seller that they are unable to wait & all deposit paid are forfited...haiz...still now reply from HDB & went down to branch office today was told they are still looking inot this matter...

i am at a lost...deposit paid 5k...gone..need to cancel my loan with the bank another 3-4k...haiz...now am looking to find another unit in BEDOK....still COV very high....

i am going crazy.....dont know where to turn to?? MP, MBT, HDB CEO.. all i have email...no action on their side...sooo sad...crying while i am typing this...

How about telling hdb that you will return the 40K grant + cpf interest back to them?

i read in another separate thread (on separate issue) that the couple who broke up prior to receiving of keys, they had to return HDB the grant in CASH....

i read in another separate thread (on separate issue) that the couple who broke up prior to receiving of keys, they had to return HDB the grant in CASH....

Sigh...there's no free lunch in the world. Once we take any HDB grant or loan, we are tied to a long list of rules.

just an update..my otp has expire & now just got a lawyer letter from my seller that they are unable to wait & all deposit paid are forfited...haiz...still now reply from HDB & went down to branch office today was told they are still looking inot this matter...

i am at a lost...deposit paid 5k...gone..need to cancel my loan with the bank another 3-4k...haiz...now am looking to find another unit in BEDOK....still COV very high....

i am going crazy.....dont know where to turn to?? MP, MBT, HDB CEO.. all i have email...no action on their side...sooo sad...crying while i am typing this...

try the press......sometimes it helps....

my appeal had been approve last fri..however the seller...haiz..as per the agents seller they have another buyer in hand...i still want the flat...but its seem that the agent is making all the decision & not the seller....HDB resale office is hanging on to my application..if by tomorrow no news from the seller i need to forget all this...

the effort that i have put in to argue my case to all parties are going to waste if at the end of the day..i dont get what i want...which is a run down 3 room flat..... ; (

Edited by adryz

hi, so sorry to hear what you have went thru

Is it possible for you to go to the seller directly and ask what is their intentions?

At least you wont to deal with the agent who is just wasting your time.

hi, so sorry to hear what you have went thru

Is it possible for you to go to the seller directly and ask what is their intentions?

At least you wont to deal with the agent who is just wasting your time.

Hi charemme,

thx..i got the sellers no..but always off..sent sms no reply...the agent haiz dnt know wat to say...she say that the new buyer is at nego stage..& i say that if the seller is willing to sell to me i am more than willing to re negotiate...but no answer from their side yet...

i am contemplating of going down directly to the flat hoping to catch the seller & talk to him...cause my flat had been sold & my 1st appt is on the 2nd nov...haiz streelah like this...

eh what i mean is go down to the flat and ask them nicely what is their intention.

on the other hand, could it be they are holding your case, while they are pending reply from potential buyer

who could be offering a higher price?

u have sold your flat and by which date do you have to handover?

Have you consider renting a unit to tide over this period, just incase the purchase fell thru.

no bad intentions, but just as a back up plan.

eh what i mean is go down to the flat and ask them nicely what is their intention.

on the other hand, could it be they are holding your case, while they are pending reply from potential buyer

Have you consider renting a unit to tide over this period, just incase the purchase fell thru.

I believe that that sellers want to pocket the deposit and re-sell to another buyer. completely within their rights.

I believe that that sellers want to pocket the deposit and re-sell to another buyer. completely within their rights.

ah.. they can do that right since the OPT has expired.

So what else can adryz do now?

i have been very nice to them, however the flat is rented out to relative however he does go there sometime..i wish to talk to him..i guess he was advise to avoid talking to me by his agent..i dont know...

my flat need to be handover i guess in mid Dec...will find out the exact date on the 2nd nov(1st appt)

i am not making much $$ after the sale of my flat..rent is an option but it will be the last...worse case i stay with my inlaw..which already have 6adults camping in a 3 room flats..haiz..