Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fastfirefish

Incomplete Set Of Keys

Hi guys,

I was in quite a situation, did some search via the forum but was unable to find anything related. I was given a incomplete set of keys for a HDB resale flat. Some of the rooms are able to unlock with the keys given, some are not able to. May I know in my rights as a buyer, what is within my power? If there is nothing I can do, how much does it cost to find someone to make a key out of the current lock? Or even replace it with a totally new lock? Please let me know of your views on this. Thank you in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well .. not sure what doors are you referring to but if it is the main door .. would rather spend some money and change a new lock anyway .. especially since yours is a resale .. rather be safe than sorry ...

if the keys are for the bedroom doors, can try buying new locks and change yourself or call the contractor to do it for you if you are doing renovations lor .. how much would depends on what sort of locks are you looking at .. not too sure on the range thou ..

Changing the door lock is a MUST for resale, if u intent to move in without renovation , otherwise do it after the renovation.

Edited by blackcar

agree that its a matter of integrity that the ex-owners pass the full set of keys to you; but if u think about it, you wun really need that set of keys actually... except the letter box one for the time being.

once ur reno starts, its usually replaced by a number lock so workers can access it easily; most of the time, we also change all the locks on the doors and grilles, if not all the doors and grilles themselves ;)

wouldn't want to reuse the old keys, who knows if many duplicate sets had been made prior to that?

just my 2 cents worth

yeah fastfirefish, i also got some incomplete keys, but since i am doing a major reno, i just simply changed the main door, grilles and most of the room locks. so, did have u changed it already?

yeah fastfirefish, i also got some incomplete keys, but since i am doing a major reno, i just simply changed the main door, grilles and most of the room locks. so, did have u changed it already?

hi Pinklady, I'm actually planning to do the same. But that will come much much later. :)

how to prevent ex owner using old address? it's 2 month and still receive ex owner letters. Shall I be mean to throw away their letters.

I write "No such person" in all letters, then postman post it back to letterbox again.

Where to change letterbox lock?

how to prevent ex owner using old address? it's 2 month and still receive ex owner letters. Shall I be mean to throw away their letters.

I write "No such person" in all letters, then postman post it back to letterbox again.

Where to change letterbox lock?

It doesn't seem so nice to discard people's letters right? ;) How about contacting the prev owner to collect his mails?

i do the same too --> no such person & put them all back into mail box.

i got this guy to change my letterbox & main gate's lock, pretty good service & efficient.

Tan Yoong Peng

M: 9385 3292