Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nirvana

Our Little Cozy Cocoon

Yupz all from henry.... Carpenter Ah Li had to come down twice on site to go thru all the details with htb. two big groups of men.. two from carpenter side, two from contractor side.. and then my htb.. I just sit there and play my iphone.. hhaha.. only go and give opinion when needed.. cos too cramped in the kitchen and toilet to fit me in..

But I really appreciate Henry who is there for all the meetings.. and both he and ah li patiently took in all our design whims..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sorry for the delayed reply. Am in Hk now on biz trip. So wish to be home now cos this week is carpentry installation and furniture delivery week. Can only rely on the photos my htb email me at night.

The furniture came yesterday. The dunlop bed, alumix wardrobe fixed on sat, sofa set and dining table (they got the base in wrong measure so have to redeliver again today.

More photos to share!

DSC02218.jpg

Somehow in this photo the wall colors turn out more turquoise! I was not sure about the green cushions. Kind of regretted after selecting the color. But now it looks pretty in place with the wall and sofa.

DSC02221.jpg

My Alumix Wardrobe

DSC02223.jpg

Dunlopillo bed

Hi nirvana,

Can share what paint color you selected for the feature wall? Very nice color !

It turns out more turquoise is it partly because it mixes with the ugly green color ???

Thanks in advance!

The feature wall color is very nice! Good contrast with your chosen sofa color...

I also like the round cabinets...very unique...

Did he construct the wardrobe for u also?

How much you pay in total?

Thanks all for your kind comments. I can't wait to go back home tomorrow to view the results in person!

The wall color is Nippon paint 63B-4DFiord Blue. All carpentry you see, except for the alumix wardrobe in the masterbedroom, are done up by Henry. Design is by my htb. And to Mickey M, the round "treatment' is inspired from Loyd. In my previous post, I mentioned that we met up with him before but he was too ex for us. I like his designs alot and kudos to you for choosing this young but so talented guy.

My reno quote is not finalised yet cos we took out wardrobe costing (outsourced to alumix) and added more things (e.g. casing for electrical board). We received the draft quote and it is about $29k. But I think will burst $30k cos I still want to do built in dressing table. :dribble:

If you consider Ikea as blum, then yes I use Blum. (btw, blum designed and manufactured the kitchen system for ikea so the logo is on their drawers) Hee.. We adore the ikea kitchen concept so much we are practically there every weekend opening and closing the drawers.. :P So we planned and informed Ah Li on the ikea drawers and shelves we want installed. Bought everything and passed to him before he built the kitchen cabinets. Hope it turns out well!!

Edited by nirvana

Hi nirvana,

Can share what paint color you selected for the feature wall? Very nice color !

It turns out more turquoise is it partly because it mixes with the ugly green color ???

Thanks in advance!

I really hope not!! I think it is a matter of the lighting. The photo before that shows a more accurate color hue.

Edited by nirvana

We got our Alumix wardrobe from Besglas in Toa Payoh.. They are one of the distributor. We saw closet design but their pole system is marginally more expensive than Alumix. And partly due to shopping exhaustion, we settled for alumix on the day of our first visit. Plus David (i think is his name) is nice and accommodating, not salesy at all. Sort of taken aback by the bad review of Alumix in renotalk but their workers worked fast (within an hour or so for installation). Constant follow up by their admin to schedule the installation time. So we are happy la..

I like it cos the door slides on the floor (dunno how to explain but hope you catch the drift) and it looks neat. The partition they build is great cos now I can keep all the barangs barangs on the top shelf and away from dust accumulation

Edited by nirvana

Yupz all from henry.... Carpenter Ah Li had to come down twice on site to go thru all the details with htb. two big groups of men.. two from carpenter side, two from contractor side.. and then my htb.. I just sit there and play my iphone.. hhaha.. only go and give opinion when needed.. cos too cramped in the kitchen and toilet to fit me in..

But I really appreciate Henry who is there for all the meetings.. and both he and ah li patiently took in all our design whims..

can't wait to go home log in and see yr kitchen .... argh ...... Y u not using flickr to upload picture ... hahaa

If you consider Ikea as blum, then yes I use Blum. (btw, blum designed and manufactured the kitchen system for ikea so the logo is on their drawers) Hee.. We adore the ikea kitchen concept so much we are practically there every weekend opening and closing the drawers.. :P So we planned and informed Ah Li on the ikea drawers and shelves we want installed. Bought everything and passed to him before he built the kitchen cabinets. Hope it turns out well!!

I thought IKEA used the brand Rationell? No la? Pardon me if I am wrong. Actually, doesn't matter, as long as the anit-slam mechansim works. :)

Aahhh.. more photos from htb... so excited now..

Pix from the carpentry.. our storage cabinet is up!!!

DSC02229.jpg

HTB designed the round part to put shoe box. :)

DSC02232.jpg

Same round theme for the TV console

DSC02234.jpg

SUPER NICE LOR !!!! Y henry didn't tell me he can do round thing .... ha

I can consider to add the storage cabinet ... but jus wonder which corner can i add that thing ... :( house too small

SUPER NICE LOR !!!! Y henry didn't tell me he can do round thing .... ha

I can consider to add the storage cabinet ... but jus wonder which corner can i add that thing ... :( house too small

But be mindful that for cabinets, the round portion using wood+laminates warp easier. That why tempered glass are preferred for round cabinets for example. :) But round tempered glass so ex, cannot afford.

I like round and curvy stuffs, alot of such capentry for my new hm. Hee.

Mickey you are right loh.. plus hor.. except for my kitchen and toilet.. all other carpentry dun have ABS.. so I scared in due time.. it will start to look really ugly..

Just went to my place and after closer inspection realised that some of the work is not done according to what we want. I guess we are some sort mentally prepared. Hmm.. let me rephrased.. I am some sort mentally prepared.. cos htb is super chinchai kind.. but still disappointed when the blunders happen..

Will talk more about it when my photos are uploaded. One major one is the master toilet vanity ... the vanity is about 1-2 inch smaller in depth than what was planned. We have bought the basin with the measurement given and it looks like it will not fit in.. and my basin is not the can protrude out kind.. we measure swee swee 16".. sigh.. if Ah Li can't come up with a good explanation on his decision to make it smaller in depth.. then I am afraid.. I might not be able to move in before xmas!! *this is paranoid me speaking so take everything with a pinch of salt; i just need a place to voice my panic!!*

Judging their timeline given to do the previous carpentry.. they need about 2-3 weeks to prepare.. so this one.. maybe give 1-2 weeks.. then need to install and rectify.. wah lau.. it will be xmas then already.. :~ panic panic panic...

When both of us, one exhausted from a full day work.. and one from half day work and 3 hours flight, were in the lift, I ask aloud if i am nitpicking.. some of the blunder cannot be reverse and it is a decision we have to make.. make the better of the situation, be creative and move on happier.. or kick a big fuss about it... which probably wun amt to much since half the work is completed liao.. we both know we will not take the 2nd choice.. but at the back of my half asleep mind, there is a nagging thought "but we paid them to do the job.. how come we have to be the ones to compromise". But such is life. It is never clockwork.

So after much ranting, the decision is clear. We will accept the changes that are done.. and well.. think of creative way to deal with them. Then, life will be good again. :P

Btw, these blunders, in htb's word, "are not serious blunder la". And thank god htb is who he is. Always able to give me a different perspective to things. Given my character, I will mull over them and mope for a few days.. but with his golden words, I came to term much faster. :P

Okay, only left 1% battery.. mind shutting down liao.. will update soon...