Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simplez

Laminated Flooring - Inovar

Hi,

WHich range you installed? How much?

I'm in the process to do up my floor using laminated wood.

Last Sunday I was in Exfo and came across this brand Inova.

Was quite impressed by the texture feeling on the 12mm... V Groove range at $5.xx

I was told this is a very good buy by the Sales. But I'm concerns on their qualities as it was manufacture in Malaysia.

The sales lady wanted me to commit before 9th May else no more offer!

Can and kind bros and sis advise me is this a good deal as what she is stating.

Or any alternatives?

Honestly, they want me to commit before coming for a onsite survey on the actual floor area - I'd given them the floor plan.

BTW, I was also sold on the idea to install at my kitchen because they claim that the materials is cather for that conditions as well.

Please advise.

Hi, I am using the 8mm range, price @ $4.xx. I was quoted $6.xx for the 12mm.

Due to budget constraint, I decided to go for the 8mm range. In this case, I think you have a good deal.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, I am using the 8mm range, price @ $4.xx. I was quoted $6.xx for the 12mm.

Due to budget constraint, I decided to go for the 8mm range. In this case, I think you have a good deal.

Thanks for the update...

Anyway, already rejected them :) and currently am overseas till week after next.

Even want to place the $500 deposit also can't...

I'll try Gary as recommended by you... and see how... if they able to give me back the same office price I will then issue "PO" to them... else guess have to give it to others :)

Thanks for the update...

Anyway, already rejected them :) and currently am overseas till week after next.

Even want to place the $500 deposit also can't...

I'll try Gary as recommended by you... and see how... if they able to give me back the same office price I will then issue "PO" to them... else guess have to give it to others :)

Err.... who is Gary?

Hi,

I did asked them to do an onsite survey... but due to work I'll be out station for 2 weeks.

Hence, I told them I'm very interested to proceed but I need to have the price, T&Cs and additional cost incurred.

However, the sales lady said I've to place a deposit of $500/= immediately so that they can protect the "Promotion Price".

I suggested I'm willing to place $150/= but not $500 ... as I don't want to sign a blank cheque.

But she said no choice ... take it or leave it.

So I decided to leave it then.

Honestly, I really like their product comparing to few I saw.

But the way they handle the sales is something that I don't appreciate.

Well, I believe I can settle with other brands as well... with more reasonable ways to handle a sales.

BTW, how much you paid for yours?

Anyway, may call them to check again when I'm back. But I felt as a customer should l behaved till I like "begging" them.

sigh :(

this kind of "Today only" offer all BS one la. next time u go expo again, she sure give u same price :)

this laminated flooring industry is so competitive, no need to feel sad, sure got better offer elsewhere. just shop around, anyway expo always got this kind of events.

When i went to shop for mattress, everyone also say the same thing..."Today special". End up every weekend i open up the newspaper also got promotion... :o

anyway better check with the sales person again on using it in kitchen.

they can do it, but will they honour the warranty?

must make them write down in black n white that kitchen laminated is covered and pray that the company don't close shop. :P

I was curious & decided to have a look at the Inovar website & the first paragraph hit me

"As a trendsetter and pioneer in laminate flooring, we constantly challenge ourselves...." wow how about consumers? do we challenge these kind of statements??

Afaik the pioneer of laminate is PERGO...chio ka peng... :lol:

Edited by titanax

anyway better check with the sales person again on using it in kitchen.

they can do it, but will they honour the warranty?

must make them write down in black n white that kitchen laminated is covered and pray that the company don't close shop. :P

Hi Safe Money,

I deposited $500 with them since, it is transferable and no expiry date.

But my sales person is call David. He is the Sales Manager for Singapore branch. He quite reasonable and resposibility guy. He evan called me ard 10pm to explain abt his product.

I suggest you to call him, just see what he can offer to you.

Just PM me if you want his contact.

Hi Safe Money,

I deposited $500 with them since, it is transferable and no expiry date.

But my sales person is call David. He is the Sales Manager for Singapore branch. He quite reasonable and resposibility guy. He evan called me ard 10pm to explain abt his product.

I suggest you to call him, just see what he can offer to you.

Just PM me if you want his contact.

same same... my sales person is also David... a nice guy.

Edited by simplez

I was curious & decided to have a look at the Inovar website & the first paragraph hit me

"As a trendsetter and pioneer in laminate flooring, we constantly challenge ourselves...." wow how about consumers? do we challenge these kind of statements??

Afaik the pioneer of laminate is PERGO...chio ka peng... :lol:

Er... Pergo?! My friend has Pergo flooring... after 3 yrs, the flooring is like peeling, wobbed... The condition is bad. I have to take some photos before he change to Inovar. Please CONSIDER if you guys are getting Pergo's products.

Er... Pergo?! My friend has Pergo flooring... after 3 yrs, the flooring is like peeling, wobbed... The condition is bad. I have to take some photos before he change to Inovar. Please CONSIDER if you guys are getting Pergo's products.

This is not about which brand is better. Its about facts. When you use the word "pioneer" its embarrassing when you are actually not.