Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
momo13

A Small High Flat In Tomato Land

ya understood :) just that i need the power socket to be useful thus the HL109 lol.. but i still got time to consider that...

thanks man..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ya understood :) just that i need the power socket to be useful thus the HL109 lol.. but i still got time to consider that...

thanks man..

where are you going to place your wireless router? if you are not using those mio routers, u can always get a N router. should be enuff to cover your whole house.

Hi momo,

U also 3 rm right? I notice the fridge you are eyeing on, the width is quite big.

Is yr kitchen cabinet L-shape?

Fridge same side as stove or opposite site?

Did you hack down the kitchen doorway and push the entrance further into the kitchen?

:)

Edited by gantan88

Hi momo,

U also 3 rm right? I notice the fridge you are eyeing on, the width is quite big.

Is yr kitchen cabinet L-shape?

Fridge same side as stove or opposite site?

Did you hack down the kitchen doorway and push the entrance further into the kitchen?

:)

yup 3rm too, kitchen cabinet will be L shape, on the same side as the stove but at the end.

hacked the kitchen wall and extend it by 2ft and replace with glass panel :)

i'd advise you to go for the cat5e. it's much better than wireless :P

as for me, i'll be having cat5e in my mbr, at the dining cum study area and at my tv console area.

i'd advise you to go for the cat5e. it's much better than wireless :P

as for me, i'll be having cat5e in my mbr, at the dining cum study area and at my tv console area.

initially was thinking of having the modem at the utility room with an scv pt. but after advise from friends, is better to have both scv pt and cat5e.. any suggestions to have both or just cat5e?

roughly 1 cat5e pt will be at tv console area near door which will be main pt (modem + router)

bedroom 1 and MBR each 1 pt of cat5e and utility rm will have 2 pts.

thanks

initially was thinking of having the modem at the utility room with an scv pt. but after advise from friends, is better to have both scv pt and cat5e.. any suggestions to have both or just cat5e?

roughly 1 cat5e pt will be at tv console area near door which will be main pt (modem + router)

bedroom 1 and MBR each 1 pt of cat5e and utility rm will have 2 pts.

thanks

From what I understand, you will need cat5e point at MBR, BR1 and TV console area. That's 3 cat5e points you need in total?

Or do you need all those and 2 in utility room also? In that case, 5 cat5e points in total?

What broadband plan are you on? Who's your ISP? What modem or router do you intend to use?

Need to know these things before I can advise you.

From what I understand, you will need cat5e point at MBR, BR1 and TV console area. That's 3 cat5e points you need in total?

Or do you need all those and 2 in utility room also? In that case, 5 cat5e points in total?

What broadband plan are you on? Who's your ISP? What modem or router do you intend to use?

Need to know these things before I can advise you.

yup need 2 cat5e pt in utility room (2 PCs will be there)

mbr and BR1 need 1 each. but not all will be used at the same time

ISP will be the green camp (starhub) contract till 2011 with the lowest plan think maxonline express :(

using the voice modem given with a old 3 yrs linksys WRT54GS

unless this spoils then will get a new one :)

rgds,

yup need 2 cat5e pt in utility room (2 PCs will be there)

mbr and BR1 need 1 each. but not all will be used at the same time

ISP will be the green camp (starhub) contract till 2011 with the lowest plan think maxonline express :(

using the voice modem given with a old 3 yrs linksys WRT54GS

unless this spoils then will get a new one :)

rgds,

Ok, so I gather you only have 4 points. (2 in utility room and 1 each in both bedrooms)

2 configurations. 1st configuration is preferable if you want to use wireless in your living room. 2nd configuration will save the length of wires needed.

1st configuration

You put the modem at the tv console area, connect your modem directly to your router in-port. Your router will be at the tv console area too. Your router should have at least 4 out-ports, of which 2 will go to the utility rooms, and 1 each will go to the 2 bedrooms.

2nd configuration

You put the modem at the tv console area, connect your modem directly to your router in-port. Your router will be at the utility room. Your router should have at least 4 out-ports, of which 2 will go to the utility rooms, and 1 each will go to the 2 bedrooms.

lol.. anyway the flat val was 308k and cov 25k... :(

i also got my 3 room flat 308k, cov 25k ... heart pain ... but seems now the cov is really a killer