Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mickey M

Somewhere Over The Rainbow In Jurong West~~

Any comment on yr ID and Reno?

Cos I'm keen to engage yr ID but need to know more esp when the real stuff kick in.

Thanks. :D

Hi El LoCo,

I never gave a final reno to my reno experience with DHome. Overall, I would rate my reno experience with Loyd 4 out of 5 stars.

Although there were (minor) hiccups/conflicts along the way, I would still recommend Loyd to renotalk mates taking into factors such as his design capabilities and his attitude toward his works. He is very responsible I must said. For example, if the workmanship is lousy, he would tell the carpenters to redo everything. We don't even have to tell him. The only drawback is his time management skills. I think this is largely due to the fact that his firm is a small one and he is handling every single details. But he has hired some staffs lately to handle the administrative duties and other stuffs. So hopefully he has improved on this aspect. He reply to phone calls, emails or smses very promptly. To be frank, works such as electical or tiling are done up very quick. Only the carpentry took longer than expected.

But as I said, I would still strongly recommend him so long as you do not need your house to be ready in 3 weeks or a month. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
your mickey house is AWESOME....:)

Hi Modern,

Thanks. Home is always warm and cosy. :D.

Still furnishing the place bit by bit although we have done it quite a bit as of now. :)

To be frank, my home was broken into when we shifted in duringthe 1st wk. It was in the news and newspaper. Lost a bit of wealth unfortunately. Burglar was caught but unable to retrieve the loss. So spend some money meant for furnishing on grilles and alarms to fend off intruders. So saving up abit first before purchasing additional stuffs. :)

Thanks for the info!

Have already been thru his blog and feel that he's really the designer (emo) type. haha

Sorry to hear abt the break in. I think the burglar was tempted by yr beautiful interior!

Lookin forward to see your completed home.

how did the burglar broke in? tot u ve grille for your windows?

I don't have grilles previously. Cos my unit is not a corridor unit so we feel it is pretty safe not to install until we have kids. But the burglar walked on the tiny ledge outside of the flat and climbed into the kitchen.

Hi Modern,

Thanks. Home is always warm and cosy. :D.

Still furnishing the place bit by bit although we have done it quite a bit as of now. :)

To be frank, my home was broken into when we shifted in duringthe 1st wk. It was in the news and newspaper. Lost a bit of wealth unfortunately. Burglar was caught but unable to retrieve the loss. So spend some money meant for furnishing on grilles and alarms to fend off intruders. So saving up abit first before purchasing additional stuffs. :)

so sorry to hear about that MM..

did u buy home insurance? can claim if u did?

so sorry to hear about that MM..

did u buy home insurance? can claim if u did?

Hi New New,

How are u? :D

I bought home insurance. But there was no violent break-in. I tried to claim but to no avail. Hai.

I don't have grilles previously. Cos my unit is not a corridor unit so we feel it is pretty safe not to install until we have kids. But the burglar walked on the tiny ledge outside of the flat and climbed into the kitchen.

ok i recall the news saying the burglar using the ledge which residents say is a design flaw to access into the house.

so, i better advice my friend to install grilles for his corner unit although his is not the new design type.

Hi New New,

I bought home insurance. But there was no violent break-in. I tried to claim but to no avail. Hai.

me good :)

huh... i tot as long as got police report can liao? continue to pester them like i did for my flooring.

urs is Chartis or NTUC?

ok i recall the news saying the burglar using the ledge which residents say is a design flaw to access into the house.

so, i better advice my friend to install grilles for his corner unit although his is not the new design type.

Yup. It was in the news. We are still thrashing this out with HDB and town council regarding this. Will be a long pocess.

me good :)

huh... i tot as long as got police report can liao? continue to pester them like i did for my flooring.

urs is Chartis or NTUC?

Gd gd. Miss the old days, with Kopi, Simon and the rest. All gone now.

Mine is NTUC. I tried but for burglary, must have violent break-in or break-out (eg. break window, cut the grilles). Mine don't have. What do u think I can do somemore? I was really hoping that the claim can go through.

New New,

Btw, mirror quotation from CoXXX is really cheaper than others, got him to do my mirror too. Hee.

When is ur house appearing in Home and Decor? I am still buying every month, waiting for your home to be featured in it. Hee.

Gd gd. Miss the old days, with Kopi, Simon and the rest. All gone now.

Mine is NTUC. I tried but for burglary, must have violent break-in or break-out (eg. break window, cut the grilles). Mine don't have. What do u think I can do somemore? I was really hoping that the claim can go through.

the policy clearly states that so no choice unless u can prove that guy force open the window panes?

i guess u did lock it?

btw wat did he stole? shd be small items rite?

i cannot imagine he walked back out on the ledge again. crazy fellow.

dun tell me he walked out of ur door pls.

ya i cant believe coxxx's prices as well. show some pics lei, wanna see some end results!

hahah... my fren gave up on me already cos i told her 'not perfect yet' everytime she asks!

when r u inviting me to ur castle? :rolleyes:

Edited by newnyew

Hi New New,

sorry to hear abt ur losses...

FYI, AIA Homecare covers w/o evidence of violent break-in @ $14+/mth. oso covers for accidental medical costs (up to $250 including GP visits for food poisoning & even dengue fever) incurred for every family member below 65 in the hse regardless of no. i've claimed myself $1000 for credit card misuse (Yes, it covers tat as well & cash/hp/laptop losses worldwide oso...). very comprehensive plan with so, so many benefits. u may wanna check with ur AIA agent to find out more. cheers.

Oh dear, sorry to hear about the break-in... :( hope that the loss is not big... anyway, with your new grilles and alarms, should be more safe now! :yamseng:

Was it the recent serial "spidermen" break-in case? My fren staying in JW told me about it.... :(