Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
butterfingerzz

Wardrobe Plus Study Layout..

hi hi.. am gonna turn one of my rooms into a wardrobe/wiw cum study.. not sure if wanna put a sliding door between the wiw and the study..

wiwstudydoored.jpg

WIW with the sliding door which would be in tempered glass.. jz worried that dust mite collect on the shelves if its open concept...

wiwstudydoor3ded.jpg

or wardobe with sliding doors on the wardrobe instead..

wiwstudynodoor3ded.jpg

which do u guys think is better?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi hi.. am gonna turn one of my rooms into a wardrobe/wiw cum study.. not sure if wanna put a sliding door between the wiw and the study..

wiwstudydoored.jpg

WIW with the sliding door which would be in tempered glass.. jz worried that dust mite collect on the shelves if its open concept...

wiwstudydoor3ded.jpg

or wardobe with sliding doors on the wardrobe instead..

wiwstudynodoor3ded.jpg

which do u guys think is better?

hihi butters....it's ME!!!

i saw ur drawing....Hmmmm~~~sliding door on the wardrobe will be better as what ur worry is correct, as days go by, dust collected and cleaning it will be a headache arrhhh....u may wan to put those 'ciu ciu' curtain....(u know nowadays very popular that one....got black, white, red....u can see them in showroom....) to divide the WIW n the study area...@ least is a 'lifely' thing...not sure if u get wat i meant?

Can I enquire how you drew the 3D drawings? Any softwares to recommend?

You may want to check out Chief Architect software, Home design software for more info.

here is the link:

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/

This is just one of the many tools u can use if you have time to learn it that is.

Dont ask me how to use it coz i have not used it yet. Cheers! :)

Can I enquire how you drew the 3D drawings? Any softwares to recommend?

you can try the free google sketchup. Found it to be quite easy for drawing squarish things like wardrobes, rooms etc... They also have many tutorials to teach newbies.

Another good point is that there is a free online model warehouse where you can download existing models (e.g. washing machines, tables, chairs etc) into your model.

Hope this helps.

hi everyone thanks for the replies.. decided to go wif sliding glass doors as in WIW open concept.. hubby likes it tt way wor..

hcbing> i used ikea home planner software to draw.. quite easy to use.. i found google sketchup a bit complicated leh... :D

butterfingerzz: Have you found your wardrobe yet?? Seems like you might consider those kind of system wardrobe :)

Edited by ieukro

Word of caution though, unless your WIW is fully enclosed, you may get dust on the shelves and clothes easily. Also the clothes being near a source of moisture may attract mildew and mold...

Hello Butterfingerzz

Any photos to share for your WIW? What's the size of your WIW?

Im in midst of designing or planning for one room, although hoping that the ID can design a nice cosy one for me. :)

Interesting post. There is 1 thing that I want to point out. Either of the design don't help to reduce dust resulting on your wardrobe. I believe an air purifier and perhaps ventilation in the wardrobe itself can help. Better ventilation in wardrobe will mean nicer smelling clothes, if not for some type of wood used for the wardrobe, it will have a disgusting smell if the clothes are left there for long. But who's in the right mind to do ventilation to the wardrobe.