Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CJREDDEVIL

"bbq" At Em-balcony?

Hi,

Would like to get comment/advise on whether it is illegal to "BBQ" at the balcony of an EM?

Some said it's ok if your unit is on the top level (roof above, no other units), but not ok if there are units above yours because the BBQ smoke will be blew...into the upper units..... :furious: .....!

Anyone tried doing BBQ at your EM balcony ?

Appreciates your sharing... :yamseng: ..Cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Would like to get comment/advise on whether it is illegal to "BBQ" at the balcony of an EM?

Some said it's ok if your unit is on the top level (roof above, no other units), but not ok if there are units above yours because the BBQ smoke will be blew...into the upper units..... :furious: .....!

Anyone tried doing BBQ at your EM balcony ?

Appreciates your sharing... :yamseng: ..Cheers!

It depends on your neighbour upstairs and sideways. If they are okay, then you won't have complaints. Better to let them know and maybe invite them to join the BBQ. There is another type of BBQ equipment that emits very little smoke. Forumers who know the equipment may want to share here.

Yamsend to you too!

My family bbq a few times a year in our EM balcony and we are not at the top level...so far no problem with our neighbours..

juz remember to close the kitchen and living room doors and the toilet doors on the 2nd level...if not whole unit will smell with bbq...

Edited by cookiez

My family bbq a few times a year in our EM balcony and we are not at the top level...so far no problem with our neighbours..

juz remember to close the kitchen and living room doors and the toilet doors on the 2nd level...if not whole unit will smell with bbq...

Hi all,

Thanks for the sharing. :good:

So may I presumed that there are no laws(HDB laws) stating that it is illegal/prohibited to BBQ at the EM-balcony as long as no complaints from the neighbours?

For your info, there's a "Police Post " right in-front of my block which I will be moving in...( dun want to get into troube with the police..... :bow: ........hhahahhahaa)

Cheers! :yamseng:

im stayin in the top floor & i dun even dare to bbq at balcony...

later fire brigade come knocking on my house when pple see smoke coming out of my unit..

im stayin in the top floor & i dun even dare to bbq at balcony...

later fire brigade come knocking on my house when pple see smoke coming out of my unit..

Hi,

You have a point! Cuz my new EM is also on the top floor and when the BBQ smokes get up/over the roof, it seems to be on fire when viewed from the other neighbor's block.... :jawdrop: ...!

Kind of taking risk huh ? :dunno:

haha..u guys r funny :sport-smiley-018: hv u guys ever seen the kind of smoke from a unit on fire and the smoke from BBQ pit ??

hahhaaa......of cuz it's funny......especially those "kia-su aunty".....eyes also not so sharp....see smoke only will shout...."huuea seo..huuea seo lieow... :furious: .....kua kin par huuea ...par huuea.......!!!

Then, where should i hide ..... :o .....??

(pardon my broken english-hokkien writings...)

hahhaaa......of cuz it's funny......especially those "kia-su aunty".....eyes also not so sharp....see smoke only will shout...."huuea seo..huuea seo lieow... :furious: .....kua kin par huuea ...par huuea.......!!!

Then, where should i hide ..... :o .....??

(pardon my broken english-hokkien writings...)

wahaha devil u r really 1 funny guy...i understand yr english-hokkien writings...maybe u can try out 1 BBQ session first and see if u got any "surprises"

from any of yr neighbours...

wahaha devil u r really 1 funny guy...i understand yr english-hokkien writings...maybe u can try out 1 BBQ session first and see if u got any "surprises"

from any of yr neighbours...

:rolleyes:;):P:bleah: